SEC Narrative

Coach0001

Which conference do you think challenges it? Big 10? The SEC won every matchup between them and PAC or ACC yesterday. They lost 1 game to the big 12 (Mizzou vs WVU) and lost 1 game to the big 10 (Lsu vs Wisconsin)

But the other conferences didn't exactly look great either. TCU and Oklahoma are the top two teams in the big 12 and didn't play well. USC Stanford and UCLA are the top 3 teams in the PAC and lost or played close. Big 10 is the only conference that played well yesterday, but outside of Lsu they didn't play anybody.

Yes the sec lost some games, but it's hard for me to decide they aren't the best conference after one week.

Which conference do you think challenges it? Big 10? The SEC won every matchup between them and PAC or ACC yesterday. They lost 1 game to the big 12 (Mizzou vs WVU) and lost 1 game to the big 10 (Lsu vs Wisconsin)

But the other conferences didn't exactly look great either. TCU and Oklahoma are the top two teams in the big 12 and didn't play well. USC Stanford and UCLA are the top 3 teams in the PAC and lost or played close. Big 10 is the only conference that played well yesterday, but outside of Lsu they didn't play anybody.

Yes the sec lost some games, but it's hard for me to decide they aren't the best conference after one week.

The Sunbelt......:p

I really do not think that anyone expected Auburn or Missouri would win. Also, Ole Miss is not expected to win either. Additionally, a lot of people thought A&M would lose too but they did not.

LSU was a real disappointment and to a lesser degree so was Miss.State. Kentucky,I picked them to lose but I guess you can say it was an upset. Tennessee and Arkansas won but did not do so in high fashion. Alabama and Georgia won and looked pretty. I do not know who was favored in the Georgia game.

With all that said the game winners SEC went about as expected with the two biggest shockers being LSU and Auburn (by keeping it so close). State, could be another one but they were picked to finish last they have been beat by them before.

It's still early and although the SEC may have under performed a little I will still choose to wait and see. Fire Miles!

It is just the first week of the season but South Alabama and Southern Mississippi, Louisiana Tech are really not suppose to beat SEC West teams. Lets face it Tennessee looked bad against App. State. Paul Finnbaun said it best when he said if Ole Miss does not look good Monday the gap between Alabama and the rest of the SEC will be much wider than its ever been and a case could be made for parity catching up with the rest of the conference in some cases. Remember, not my opinion but one I agree with.

I don't think BAMA is that much better than USC. I think they laid down. I don't think BAMA runs through the sec untouched. I think A&M, Auburn, Lsu, Ole miss, and Georgia all pose a realistic threat to them. I don't see an u defeated season from anyone in the sec.

I don't think BAMA is that much better than USC. I think they laid down. I don't think BAMA runs through the sec untouched. I think A&M, Auburn, Lsu, Ole miss, and Georgia all pose a realistic threat to them. I don't see an u defeated season from anyone in the sec.

Recently it has been Bama vs. everyone else. I do agree with you though, Bama is beatable. I will never understand why USC is ranked every year. I've said it on here many, many times. They are so mediocre. Even though Bama steam rolled them, I was not that impressed! The SEC will be interesting this year.

Week one does not crown champions. Most teams make their biggest game to game improvement from week one to week two. Bama is ahead of most teams because of their depth.

Absolutely agree... I saw a stat the other day that blew my mind... They have only ONE player in their entire two deep, that wasn't a four star recruit and that's their starting center. In some positions, they are 3 deep with 5 stars. They simply just out athlete everyone and their mistakes are smaller and their big plays are bigger.

We've been saying that every year since 2012 lol.

Just like we are not calling the season on OU, we shouldn't on the SEC either. This was WEEK 1! It's like Monday morning armchair QB firing the coach after his first game...

This WAS a very disappointing week for the SEC. LSU losing, and other solid teams not looking great... Arkansas for instance only winning by 1 point and they are supposed to be one of those "Tough" teams. Tennessee, I am giving them a bit more leniency mostly because they weren't playing some scrub team. App St won 11 games last year... (maybe 10) and I've said all along that Tenn is WAY overrated.

LSU's success was dependent on the QB and the QB has grown 0 since his freshman year. So that loss, was solely on the offense. The defense played as well as any defense could in that game with the horrible punting and lack of any real passing threat.

Mississippi State's loss was despicable. I really hope they lose all of their games after that one... not for the SEC, but just so we can stop talking about them as if they are some sort of good program..

The only highlights were A&M and Alabama and somewhat Auburn... A&M should have won that one going away, but let them back in it. Luckily for them, they held on to that OT win. Bama destroyed USC, once again showing how foolish I was putting the hopes of the SEC on LSU with a questionable QB... Finally, Auburn having a chance to win at the end was more than I gave them credit for. So, for me, that is a win for the conference reputation.

SEC has some work to do, but you won't see anymore real tests until conference play for most of them....

Just like we are not calling the season on OU, we shouldn't on the SEC either. This was WEEK 1! It's like Monday morning armchair QB firing the coach after his first game...

This WAS a very disappointing week for the SEC. LSU losing, and other solid teams not looking great... Arkansas for instance only winning by 1 point and they are supposed to be one of those "Tough" teams. Tennessee, I am giving them a bit more leniency mostly because they weren't playing some scrub team. App St won 11 games last year... (maybe 10) and I've said all along that Tenn is WAY overrated.

LSU's success was dependent on the QB and the QB has grown 0 since his freshman year. So that loss, was solely on the offense. The defense played as well as any defense could in that game with the horrible punting and lack of any real passing threat.

Mississippi State's loss was despicable. I really hope they lose all of their games after that one... not for the SEC, but just so we can stop talking about them as if they are some sort of good program..

The only highlights were A&M and Alabama and somewhat Auburn... A&M should have won that one going away, but let them back in it. Luckily for them, they held on to that OT win. Bama destroyed USC, once again showing how foolish I was putting the hopes of the SEC on LSU with a questionable QB... Finally, Auburn having a chance to win at the end was more than I gave them credit for. So, for me, that is a win for the conference reputation.

SEC has some work to do, but you won't see anymore real tests until conference play for most of them....

UGA won. UGA happy. But, UGA gets to hang out with Georgia cheerleaders, so UGA may not even care about a football game.

Absolutely agree... I saw a stat the other day that blew my mind... They have only ONE player in their entire two deep, that wasn't a four star recruit and that's their starting center. In some positions, they are 3 deep with 5 stars. They simply just out athlete everyone and their mistakes are smaller and their big plays are bigger.

Also they simply out coach everyone also. Like os dislike the dude Saban is the best by by a long shot.

Also they simply out coach everyone also. Like os dislike the dude Saban is the best by by a long shot.

It's not a matter of liking or disliking. It's a matter of opinion.

My opinion, Urban Meyer is the best coach in all of college football, and I don't think it's close.

It is just the first week of the season but South Alabama and Southern Mississippi, Louisiana Tech are really not suppose to beat SEC West teams. Lets face it Tennessee looked bad against App. State. Paul Finnbaun said it best when he said if Ole Miss does not look good Monday the gap between Alabama and the rest of the SEC will be much wider than its ever been and a case could be made for parity catching up with the rest of the conference in some cases. Remember, not my opinion but one I agree with.

I agree on the opinion deal. I think Saban is miles apart on other people just because of the program he's built.

But if you want to separate those two based on the programs they built, then once again it goes to Meyer. He's built more programs than Saban.

Meyer has won everywhere he's been, Saban hasn't.

La. Tech did not win and Southern Miss beat an SEC East team but matter. Perhaps this will be a down year for the SEC. The SEC lost a lot of players last year. Miss State and Ole Miss lost more than anyone. I think Ole Miss may have had the fewest starters returning then any team or tied with the team fir the fewest. However, the SEC proved last year it was not Alabama and everyone else. They won too many out of conference games and almost all the bowl games. The year before a few at the top lost but the east swept and as did all the a lot of the west but Alabama lost. So, the SEC is more than Alabama or they would not have the best out of conference record, the best bowl record out of all the conferences and the best head to head record against all of the conferences but that does mot mean they are the best every year.

But if you want to separate those two based on the programs they built, then once again it goes to Meyer. He's built more programs than Saban.

Meyer has won everywhere he's been, Saban hasn't.

Eh, kinda?

Saban won a title at LSU and then won 4 at Alabama. Meyer won 2 at Florida and then one at OSU.

Meyer did well at Utah for 2 years and Saban took an 0-11 (lol more like 6-6) Michigan State team to 9-2 in a few years. I think they're equal on the number of teams they've "built" but Saban has won 2 more national titles.

Also consider the program Saban has built now is insane compared to ANY program anyone has had since probably the 80s when Miami was in the title hunt every other year. Or when Bud Wilikinson had OU rolling in the 50s.

• Like 1