Gilmer Buckeyes vs Carthage Bulldogs

DAWG91

Gilmer Buckeyes vs Carthage Bulldogs  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got and why?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

I just have to say my congrats to Carthage. Y'all have a dang good team over there. Now, go get that trophy back to where it belongs. My guess is you will if you continue to improve on what you've built thus far this season.

As for my Buckeyes... I'm proud of you. You put yourself behind the 8-ball with the turnovers, got down by a bunch early, but still put up a fight to the end. That shows character. I know after the Buckeyes scored the 20 straight points there were some uneasiness in the Dawg crowd. Big leads are never as safe as they seem, especially when it's the Buckeyes playing.

I still can't wrap my head around why #33 ward isn't playing yes he fumbled once but the the other back fumbled twice and dropped several passes but until they realize that this kid and be a major weapon they will struggle to run the ball

#33 is a man. Nobody runs over #25. On the play he fumbled he went head up with a D1 Linebacker and won that battle. When he came in the game I was like "that's a RB".
  • Like 1

Yea man and it wasn't no love tap he is a force when he runs I have yet to see one hit bring him down

Watch the highlight. That was a train wreck collision. Almost knocked our guy out. I'm not stirring anything up, but to me he was the most impressive player yall had at the RB position from an eye test standpoint.
  • Like 2

Bout time to put this post to bed, and move on to Nac and Henderson, for each respective team. However, just looking at a couple of posts...

I think Ward has to play more at running back. It helps the defense, b/c Collier is probably their best defensive player, so he gets more rest.

Morton played in the secondary quite a bit, but they had him at safety. I bet at some point they may move him back to corner. Gilmer had a lot of quick kids playing corner, but none of them are very tall. Morton gives them more height at that position.

Gilmer has a lot of good players, but they don't have that dominating player. Last year, in 4th and 3, they were giving it to Demarco and he was dragging players 4 yards for a 1st down. 2 years ago, they had Kris and Blake, who both had the ability to single handedly take over a game or a possession. Gilmer doesn't have that this year. So it's even more important that they play as a team.

I think at some time some kids will be moved up from JV. Gilmer needs some more size along the front 3. There may be a couple of younger kids who could help with that.

Well, on to Nacogdoches. Good luck to Carthage the rest of the way. Hope you bring home the D1 Championship.

• Like 3

Watch the highlight. That was a train wreck collision. Almost knocked our guy out. I'm not stirring anything up, but to me he was the most impressive player yall had at the RB position from an eye test standpoint.

You are correct in your assessment of our running backs.

Unfortunately, this is the way it is in Gilmer post Jeff Traylor.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the deal is with Rashad Ward. In my opinion, he's a horse, and I'd be riding him. I don't know if it's felt that he's fumble prone,, but if so, just spend some time working hard on drills that could help with that. He's a beast of a runner, and I think he's got the endurance to play there the whole game. I can see Kelton getting a series on offense, But Ward would get the huge bulk of downs at RB. Cuevas should be a slot reciever,, he's very quick, and getting him in space would just up his value. He could be what Lance Dunbar is for Dallas when he's healthy. (which doesn't seem often.) Then again I'm not at practice every day, I guess the staff has a reason he's not the "go to" back. I'm not complaining, I suppose I'm just curious why he's not used more as "the guy" in the backfield.

• Like 1

Its an unsolved mystery why Rashad Ward doesn't hardly ever get to play.He moved here from ore city in Jr high.Seventh,eighth,&ninth grade he was the workhorse for Gilmer and leading scorer.He gets on varsity last year and ran all over defense's in pre season but never got to play in regularl season.Maybe it was because he was a sophomore last year and they wanted to play older players I don't know.Well he's a Jr this year and still don't do anything but stand on the sideline and hold his helmet.Like I said it's a mystery because he would be getting plenty of playing time at any other school.That's how good he is.Looks like wasted talent to me.Oh well maybe they will play him some his senior year.

Very true

I love Gilmer's offense, but the reason I love Carthage pro-style offense is because of guys like #33. When you can run multiple sets a guy like Ward would have a chance to shine in a 2 TE set with a blocking back and punish teams. Gilmer is missing one thing on offense, and that's being able to lineup and wear people out running the ball. Send him over to Panola County, we will use him 😜😜.
  • Like 1

I love Gilmer's offense, but the reason I love Carthage pro-style offense is because of guys like #33. When you can run multiple sets a guy like Ward would have a chance to shine in a 2 TE set with a blocking back and punish teams. Gilmer is missing one thing on offense, and that's being able to lineup and wear people out running the ball. Send him over to Panola County, we will use him 😜😜.

Yes I know it Bulldog.I wish Gilmer would have done that against Carthage.Lol there are several teams that would love to have Ward.I just want to see the kid play the majority of a game this year.

It's funny that they wouldn't use him against Carthage, because I know 2 games into this season, he had the same number of carries as the rest of the team combined, and was the rushing leader. Not sure how that stat has changed over the last 2 games though.

It's funny that they wouldn't use him against Carthage, because I know 2 games into this season, he had the same number of carries as the rest of the team combined, and was the rushing leader. Not sure how that stat has changed over the last 2 games though.

Rashad may get a few carries in the first half.Most of his playing time is toward the end of the game when they pull a lot of the starters