Week Four: Mesquite Horn at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

I don't know about all that..

But I will have a few things to say to TheFootballFan who thinks this team isn't good. Been on his soap box every since we loss to yall Week 1. lol

I stand by what I said couple weeks ago...if Lobos are effective in tbe passing game...it will be very hard to beat us. And it ain't gotta be 200 yrd performance every week. Just a move the chains type of passing.
  • Like 2

I stand by what I said couple weeks ago...if Lobos are effective in tbe passing game...it will be very hard to beat us. And it ain't gotta be 200 yrd performance every week. Just a move the chains type of passing.

Same thoughts.

Hit the nail on the head.

Same thoughts.

Hit the nail on the head.

I think the last time y'all had consistent QB play and a decent passing attack was 2011 with Caraway right? I think y'all had a good receiver that year too. Wasn't his name Hawkins? I tell you what, we'll let y'all borrow some of our passing game if you let us borrow some of your running game lol

I think the last time y'all had consistent QB play and a decent passing attack was 2011 with Caraway right?

2013 actually, and at times in 2014.

But at a 'decent' level...definitely 2013 with at the time 2nd year Chumley, Leonard (UT), Whitaker, Pellum, Anthony and Hasty (Baylor) out of the backfield.

So what's going on with C.Robinson of Horn?

Think it depends on who you talk to lol.

He was injured late in the first half against Boyd. Didn't come out in pads in the second half, and hasn't been back since.

Though, sounds like he was good to go this past week.

Think it depends on who you talk to lol.

He was injured late in the first half against Boyd. Didn't come out in pads in the second half, and hasn't been back since.

Though, sounds like he was good to go this past week.

The only way they hold him out against us, is if he is REALLY hurt!!! I wouldn't think they risk a season ending injury to play us, but if he is healthy he will not sit out this week.

Go Lobos!!

The only way they hold him out against us, is if he is REALLY hurt!!! I wouldn't think they risk a season ending injury to play us, but if he is healthy he will not sit out this week.

Go Lobos!!

He'd have to not be able to move, imo, for him not to suit up at the very least Friday night.

You know, I try to do a halfway decent game preview for Atlanta's games, but you make me look bad lol. I don't have a good stream of information like you do apparently. Maybe Atlanta's records aren't kept as well.. I'm unsure.

aye...07 is a pro! He bout to start charging for these previews!!

You know, I try to do a halfway decent game preview for Atlanta's games, but you make me look bad lol. I don't have a good stream of information like you do apparently. Maybe Atlanta's records aren't kept as well.. I'm unsure.

That is many many hours, over the years, spent at the library. He is a pro, as Gtee said. Mavchamp 😍😍, does good work, too!

Go Lobos!

Longview's records were pretty poor when I was in HS, but lots and lots and lots of hours spent researching helped me there. Hobby turned obsession haha.

You do a pretty dang good job though!

Can we call this rivalry week??

I definitely view them as a rival now a days. Especially compared to Lee or even some of our more current, now turned former, district mates.

We've had some excellent games against them since 2010.

I definitely view them as a rival now a days. Especially compared to Lee or even some of our more current, now turned former, district mates.

We've had some excellent games against them since 2010.

man, you and WP4L must be under the age of 21 or something...lol

You guys are 8-1 all time vs Horn and the majority of those games you guys have won by more than 2 TDs. You guys call Horn a rival, I don't know about that. That is kinda insulting to Lobo football to call them a rival. Until you guys build up a 20-30 yr history with Horn, and they win more games vs yall, I don't understand how you guys could ever consider them a rival. They are a good team, but a rival is a huge stretch.

man, you and WP4L must be under the age of 21 or something...lol

You guys are 8-1 all time vs Horn and the majority of those games you guys have won by more than 2 TDs. You guys call Horn a rival, I don't know about that. That is kinda insulting to Lobo football to call them a rival. Until you guys build up a 20-30 yr history with Horn, and they win more games vs yall, I don't understand how you guys could ever consider them a rival. They are a good team, but a rival is a huge stretch.

Number of times you play a team is overrated. It's all about quality....not quanity. Unless somehow you wanna try to convince me that Marshall, or yall for that matter, is a bigger rival for us than Lufkin. Imagine believing that. lol

Whenever Longview and Horn play, it's always an entertaining game. Yeah those first 4 games were blowouts but Horn wasn't 'Horn' yet and was a brand new school basically. Hence why I said since 2010.

No doubt this will be the best team we've played all year, especially if Robison plays. And Horn is the most battle tested team in the district with the rediculous non district they had.

This will be a close one. Heck, every game in the district this week will be.

Number of times you play a team is overrated. It's all about quality....not quanity. Unless somehow you wanna try to convince me that Marshall, or yall for that matter, is a bigger rival for us than Lufkin. Imagine believing that. lol

Whenever Longview and Horn play, it's always an entertaining game. Yeah those first 4 games were blowouts but Horn wasn't 'Horn' yet and was a brand new school basically. Hence why I said since 2010.

I get what you are saying, but I disagree, I think the number of times is a factor, as well as the quantity. To be honest, I think Marshall is your primary rival because of quantity, but quality too. You taking a small sample size to judge Marshall, but Marshall has been playing you guys since 1909 (106 times).

I think LV has a rivalry with JT and Lufkin because the number of times you guys have played, but JT rival is Lee and Lufkin is Nac. I rival is bigger than just wins and losses. Just look at Lufkin and Nac. Its the proximity of the towns, its the emotions the games bring out.

I guarantee Horn doesn't bring out the same emotions as Marshall (or even JT/Lfk).

Alabama and LSU have played in very quality games, but and they have a rivalry, but at the end of the day, it ain't the same as Auburn/Alabama. If LV lose to Marshall (or even JT or LFK), of if LFK lose to Nac, or JT to Lee, it basically a stain on the rest of the season. I guarantee a loss to Horn doesn't have the same effect on the Lobos and their fan base.

I have met Lobo fans in several different states, when I tell them Im from JT, their is always a banter/smack talk that occurs after. I guarantee if I told them I went to Horn, they probably would ask me where is Horn located...lol.

• Like 1

The Auburn vs Alabama rivalry is in-state and very competitive though. It's 44-35 with Bama leading I think. They've played since 1893 or 1894 and both teams have won championships. Several of the people in that state have either graduated from Auburn or Bama. They had parents and other family members that have gone there and chosen sides. I'm sure they grow up hating either Auburn or Alabama. It's not just a deep hatred though, the games actually means something and it's competitive. Both sides have actually accomplished something over the years, and not a hundred years ago either. I'm appalled that you even mentioned Nac in a sentence with us. Hate doesn't make a rivalry, you need wins too imo and they don't have many. The game also doesn't mean much anymore, we're not in district. Yea, if we lose to them it's considered a stain on our season because of how bad they've been as a program, so it makes us look bad when it happens. I would feel the same way about losing to Jacksonville, Lindale or Whitehouse...or heck College Park this year in 6A.