Week Four: Mesquite Horn at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

If you don't want us to claim that Horn is a rival of our's based on our series, and based on how few of games we have played against them....why do you get to claim Whitehouse as a rival?

Funny....I've seen members of cujo nation on this very board claiming Lindale as a rival. lol he had nothing to say about that though.

Mesquite Horn aint yall rivals.

Yeah they are.

Up there with Lufkin and JT? Na....but a rival none the less. You lose yet another debate.

For future advice though, Actually attend a Horn-Longview game before attempting to give an opinion on the series.

If you don't want us to claim that Horn is a rival of our's based on our series, and based on how few of games we have played against them....why do you get to claim Whitehouse as a rival?

Y'all have played just 6 times, 5-1 against them, and only three of them have even been remotely competitive.

They're the pure definition of who isn't a rival according to your standards.

Let me be clear, Lee is JT primary rival. JT/Whitehouse have somewhat of a rival and its more of a rival than Horn/Longview. Why, because you have family members, friends, church members, etc that play or have ties for both schools. JT/Chapel Hill are not really rivals, but because the schools are close and you have the same situation at both schools, there is a bit of street rivalry even though they haven't played in football. Kinda like Pine Tree/Longview. Rivals in the since of you guys in the same city. I believe proximity has alot to do with it. You must remember, just because you don't play them in football, there are other sports where you can see the city/county rivalries. When JT plays Chapel Hill or Whitehouse in any sport,you can see the smack talk and the emotion, because you have family members,friends, etc out there.

Texas and OU are primary rivals, followed by A&M, but because Tech, Baylor are close, and they have history, the rivalry is there cause of the same reasons.

Again, just go take the pulse of the city, Go ask Lobo nation. I did it. And I can tell you Horn don't matter to the lobo people I know, other than just being another team on schedule that they hope to beat.

Let me be clear, Lee is JT primary rival. JT/Whitehouse have somewhat of a rival and its more of a rival than Horn/Longview. Why, because you have family members, friends, church members, etc that play or have ties for both schools. JT/Chapel Hill are not really rivals, but because the schools are close and you have the same situation at both schools, there is a bit of street rivalry even though they haven't played in football. Kinda like Pine Tree/Longview. Rivals in the since of you guys in the same city. I believe proximity has alot to do with it. You must remember, just because you don't play them in football, there are other sports where you can see the city/county rivalries. When JT plays Chapel Hill or Whitehouse in any sport,you can see the smack talk and the emotion, because you have family members,friends, etc out there.

He continues to talk about proximity....yet our biggest rival (Lufkin) is 2 hours away. lol

I'm waiting for you to claim Longview-PT > Longview-Horn...

• Like 1

lol.

Under absolutely no circumstance are Longview and Pine Tree rivals on the gridiron.

That's along the same lines as saying we're rivals with Hallsville, White Oak, Spring Hill and heck even Trinity (TST)...."just because we're close."

I have no problem with saying we're rivals in different sports, but this discussion wasn't about anything other than football.

This discussion is going no where tbh. Longview has a ton of rivals, some old..some new. They're different for everyone out there. Longview's main rival has been Lufkin for a long time now. John Tyler has been close to the top throughout spurts in our history. Marshall has. Texas High has. Tyler Lee has. No one matches Lufkin rivalry wise for us and that's something almost all of Longview can agree on.

He continues to talk about proximity....yet our biggest rival (Lufkin) is 2 hours away. lol

I'm waiting for you to claim Longview-PT > Longview-Horn...

I think he's just setting us up for the ultimate Longview vs Tatum are rivals claim.

whats so funny is that you guys are claiming Horn as a rival, but I haven't seen ONE Horn poster on this thread yet. Now does that seem like a rival to you? I know Horn fans know smoaky.com exist, because I have seen them before. But not ONE post from a Horn fan yet. And on the 6a board, the banter was way to friendly to be a rivalry. The Horn fans don't appear to treat you guys like rivals at all.

I think rivals come and go according to bragging rights to City, Region, and State. Rivals exist because you have something I want and your in my way.

We will meet on Friday night and take what's ours, and we will show everybody who is best.

I think some old long rivals lose their edge when you dominate them every year.

Horn is starting to fit that bill with Longview. I remember Coach Owens beat Horn one year, and said on the coaches corner " don't hold your breath because their growing at a fast rate, and their going to be the big dog in this district one day. That day is kinda here. They want Longviews title. But Longview wont give it to them easy. The Lobos know they have to be counted... and its going to be a rival as long as LV stays in this district. I love the competition of it all, but I want to see them and all East Texas schools win.

The Lee JT game is a city game that all the kids went to school together, and its always a game no one can predict, because of the rival game it is, anything can and will happen for 1 night.

Good luck Lobos, Keep Horn in your rear view mirror.

And on the 6a board, the banter was way to friendly to be a rivalry.

Because the last time we faced off, there were a ridiculous amount of unnecessary (from both sides) comments. It was worse than even the Longview/Lufkin playoff thread from two years ago.

whats so funny is that you guys are claiming Horn as a rival, but I haven't seen ONE Horn poster on this thread yet.

You aren't going to see a bunch of Horn fans on ANY board. lol Grain is the only person you'll consistently see on any board.

Another failed attempt at a point...

Let me know when JT and All Saints play one another. I wouldn't wanna miss such a great proximity rivalry game.

whats so funny is that you guys are claiming Horn as a rival, but I haven't seen ONE Horn poster on this thread yet. Now does that seem like a rival to you? I know Horn fans know smoaky.com exist, because I have seen them before. But not ONE post from a Horn fan yet. And on the 6a board, the banter was way to friendly to be a rivalry. The Horn fans don't appear to treat you guys like rivals at all.

No, this an East Texas/Central Texas board first....DFW teams rarely hang out here. They also do not have the numbers that we all do in people that post. And.....how do they have a chance to get a word in edge-wise with John Tyler fans trolling all of our threads. WE don't always have to have words with every team that we play. The ONLY team that we play, that argues on a consistent basis is JT. And that argument goes all season because we cannot get ya'll to stay in your own thread. If you do not want to have anything to do with being a Lobo, then why continue to hang around? It does not make any sense to me.

We have RIVALS, you have yours. What difference does it make if you do or do NOT agree?

Go Lobos!

• Like 1

You aren't going to see a bunch of Horn fans on ANY board. lol Grain is the only person you'll consistently see on any board.

Another failed attempt at a point...

Let me know when JT and All Saints play one another. I wouldn't wanna miss such a great proximity rivalry game.

I can guarantee a JT/All Saints game will bring more hype than Horn/LV. Of course any game JT plays in East Texas fills up a stadium. Everybody wants to see Cujo. We have more cujo fans in LV than Lobo fans....lol

No, this an East Texas/Central Texas board first....DFW teams rarely hang out here. They also do not have the numbers that we all do in people that post. And.....how do they have a chance to get a word in edge-wise with John Tyler fans trolling all of our threads. WE don't always have to have words with every team that we play. The ONLY team that we play, that argues on a consistent basis is JT. And that argument goes all season because we cannot get ya'll to stay in your own thread. If you do not want to have anything to do with being a Lobo, then why continue to hang around? It does not make any sense to me.

We have RIVALS, you have yours. What difference does it make if you do or do NOT agree?

Go Lobos!

wow...you in your feelings today. Calm down, WP4L/Lobo07 and I go back and forth all the time. They are good dudes...(misguided Lobo fans) but good dudes. Lobo fans post on JT threads all the time, so don't come at me with that. WP4L and Lobo07 can tell you that I don't troll Longview threads at all. Heck, Im not trolling you guys now. I think Horn is a very good program, not as good as LV, but a solid program. And I think its going to be a good game, but I know too many lobo fans who would say they ain't rivals to yall. But its all good, we can agree to disagree. This ain't the first time WP4L and Lobo07 have gone back and forth, and it won't be the last.

Sorry to upset you...lol...I come in peace...lol

lol.

And yet, less than a decade ago, y'all could barely get 20 people to a game.

lol we barely got 20 people for Plano West games.....lol.

yea, you started it...lol. come GTEE2, you know Horn ain't no rival of LV....lol

ok "rival" might be to strong of a word but there is some dislike/evilness in the games. Started with their tailback from a few years back flexing in front of Lobo bench. Then the 13-9 game...the 9 Lobo turnovers game...and lastly the Indy game. Horn not Lp/Longview...not even JT/Longview but it is sumthg brewing. If we stayed together for more than 2 years at a time....one of our "rivals" would lose their spot

youf emotion is proving my point. I only see you get this emotional about Nac. You call them Roaches and etc. When you guys lose to LV, it didn't have the same effect as it did when Nac beat you guys twice. Just go back and read the posts. And the fact that you hate them also proves its a rivalry. Its the same emotion JT has for Lee. I know Luf and LV aren't primary rivals, because I see you wish them luck. I never want Lee to win. I hope they lose to everyone, unless their win benefits JT. Outside of JT beating Luf/LV/Whitehouse, I hope you guys win state (although I'm starting to feel different about the Nobos...lol)

I tried to reply to this post earlier and then several times on my computer, couldn't do it. Not sure what's going on though.....but cursing at my screen isn't helping lol..

BUt whatever......Same effect??? really. Yea, we were all #### after losing to Nac, because we had just won twenty straight games against them and we didn't consider them our equals(still don't if we're being honest). It had nothing to do with the so called rivalry being heated, It was like losing to Huntington or Diboll. I hate Jacksonville, are they our rivals? Whitehouse too? LIke I said earlier, losing to them made us look bad as a program at the time, very bad and we were definitely all mad because of it after the game. However, you can't compare that to Longview. We played Lv in the playoffs those seasons and we were all sick after those losses. It's foolish to even compare the two programs and the emotions after the game. Losing to Longview was much worse imo, especially in 2014. I couldn't sleep for a whole week because of that game. We were up 28-0!! You're talking about reading posts, did you read that 2014 playoff thread?? none of the Nac games can even compare to that. That wasn't friendly. You're trying to compare emotion and all of that, when that really doesn't have anything to do with it. It's not just being "friendly", it's called respect. I respect Lv and what they've done as a program. I can't say that about Roaches, not because it's a bigger rivalry and I hate them, it's because they've never done anything. They lost to Diboll one year!! Just look at how competitive the games have been between us and Lv though, not just over the last few years like Nac either. The series is 38-37 or something like that. I think most of us respect them, but I'm probably the only Lufkin fan(maybe Gametyme) that says good luck to LV in their game threads. PA, Chad and majority of the other Panther fans can't stand Longview and even I was screaming for Quick to run up the score at the game when we had the ball up 35-24. I pull for them, until we play them. Just ask any Panther, the rivalry is still huge and the Lobos are still our main rival. Nac need to win about 40 games before they can even get into the discussion...

Bigger rivalry, not a bigger game.

Lsu/Alabama is one of the biggest games every yr, but the rivalry isn't bigger than Alabama/Auburn. You guys are too friendly with Lufkin for it to be a bigger rivalry. Nac/Luf hate each other...regardless of the one sided history. Just look at the posts on smoaky when they play each other.

It's called respect 99. Hate has nothing to do with Nac being a bigger rival. I hate Jacksonville and Whitehouse about as much as them, if we're being honest about it. Other than some of the elders, I don't know anyone that considers Nac a true rival. Just look at the records. The Lobos will always be our main rivals over the Woodlands and JT imo, it's foolish to think otherwise...

Yes, living down the street from each other has ALOT to do with it being a rival. Go look up most rivalries, 9 times out of 10 they are with a nearby school.

As someone who has actually live in the Luf/Nac area, I can tell that many fans from Lufkin and Nac will tell you they are each others rival. Im not saying Lufkin and Longview don't have a rivalry, Im just saying Nac is their biggest rival. BUT Im ok with a debate on this. But to debate that Mesquite Horn is a rival of Longview is just plain crazy.

Stop it 99. You're crossing the line now. I can guarantee you that people under 50 that were in their right mind in Lufkin didn't call Nac our biggest rival. I can guarantee you that. STOP IT. That's like me saying CHapel hill is your biggest rivalry.

• Like 1