Week Four: Mesquite Horn at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

I tried to reply to this post earlier and then several times on my computer, couldn't do it. Not sure what's going on though.....but cursing at my screen isn't helping lol..

BUt whatever......Same effect??? really. Yea, we were all #### after losing to Nac, because we had just won twenty straight games against them and we didn't consider them our equals(still don't if we're being honest). It had nothing to do with the so called rivalry being heated, It was like losing to Huntington or Diboll. I hate Jacksonville, are they our rivals? Whitehouse too? LIke I said earlier, losing to them made us look bad as a program at the time, very bad and we were definitely all mad because of it after the game. However, you can't compare that to Longview. We played Lv in the playoffs those seasons and we were all sick after those losses. It's foolish to even compare the two programs and the emotions after the game. Losing to Longview was much worse imo, especially in 2014. I couldn't sleep for a whole week because of that game. We were up 28-0!! You're talking about reading posts, did you read that 2014 playoff thread?? none of the Nac games can even compare to that. That wasn't friendly. You're trying to compare emotion and all of that, when that really doesn't have anything to do with it. It's not just being "friendly", it's called respect. I respect Lv and what they've done as a program. I can't say that about Roaches, not because it's a bigger rivalry and I hate them, it's because they've never done anything. They lost to Diboll one year!! Just look at how competitive the games have been between us and Lv though, not just over the last few years like Nac either. The series is 38-37 or something like that. I think most of us respect them, but I'm probably the only Lufkin fan(maybe Gametyme) that says good luck to LV in their game threads. PA, Chad and majority of the other Panther fans can't stand Longview and even I was screaming for Quick to run up the score at the game when we had the ball up 35-24. I pull for them, until we play them. Just ask any Panther, the rivalry is still huge and the Lobos are still our main rival. Nac need to win about 40 games before they can even get into the discussion...

It's called respect 99. Hate has nothing to do with Nac being a bigger rival. I hate Jacksonville and Whitehouse about as much as them, if we're being honest about it. Other than some of the elders, I don't know anyone that considers Nac a true rival. Just look at the records. The Lobos will always be our main rivals over the Woodlands and JT imo, it's foolish to think otherwise...

but if Nac has done nothing, then why do they bring out so much emotion from you. Why do you call them Roaches? Because you know there is a genuine dislike between Lufkin and Nac. I lived in that area....Ive seen it. And your not suppose to think your rival is equal to you. Thats why its call a rival. I don't think Lee is equal with JT....even though they may be. Heck I think Lobs and Panthers are below us too...lol. I don't respect our rival, and I don't want them to win either, unless its a benefit to JT.

ri·val

ˈrīvəl/Submit

noun

a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

you insinuated that I was a troll, and basically told me to get off your thread, but now you are jumping in the debate....lol

ok "rival" might be to strong of a word but there is some dislike/evilness in the games. Started with their tailback from a few years back flexing in front of Lobo bench. Then the 13-9 game...the 9 Lobo turnovers game...and lastly the Indy game. Horn not Lp/Longview...not even JT/Longview but it is sumthg brewing. If we stayed together for more than 2 years at a time....one of our "rivals" would lose their spot

Heck JT fans(and probably LP fans) dislike Ennis based on recent games and cheap shot on our QB, but they are not even close to being a rival despite the fact we had close games. Throwing out the word like rival for Horn is really elevating a team that ain't on your level...and it doesn't take much to be on the level of a Lobo...lol. But seriously, you know people in LV ain't talking about Horn.

That says more about you than anything you've posted on this forum previously.

omg , it was sarcasm.....at the end of the day its just kids playing a game. I don't really hate anybody... I wish the best for the kids, I hope they all get scholarships, become successful people in life.

Heck JT fans(and probably LP fans) dislike Ennis based on recent games and cheap shot on our QB, but they are not even close to being a rival despite the fact we had close games. Throwing out the word like rival for Horn is really elevating a team that ain't on your level...and it doesn't take much to be on the level of a Lobo...lol. But seriously, you know people in LV ain't talking about Horn.

Hell nobody likes ennis! Sorry arses!

but if Nac has done nothing, then why do they bring out so much emotion from you. Why do you call them Roaches? Because you know there is a genuine dislike between Lufkin and Nac

I've always said that I hated them though, so obviously there is dislike between us lol. That has nothing to do with them being our "biggest rivalry". It's the location and dealing with their fan base every year, putting a N on our field and just drama with them. All of that builds up. I don't consider them our biggest rival because of that. You have to be competitive on the football too. They haven't for a longggg time. It's what 58-8 in the 66 games. Come on now. You can't call someone your biggest rival over teams like Longview and they've won 8 games out of 66. It's not just about emotions and smack talking on a message board or even at the stadiums to be considered a rival, at least imo

Nac is not LP rival??? Wow!

No, no, no...he!! No!!

Horns' fish Qb...GOD help us the next 3 years

And just watching HK throw the ball...he's the best on the entire roster!

He had that one good drive but the D has been better since. Horn's little back is fast as heck.

I have no problem with saying King is our best passer. He has some work to do no doubt but the skill and talent is definitely there and it's super obvious.

The A squad is every bit as impressive as I thought it was going to be. Excited to see them continue grow.

Would've loved to see the team before Haynes took the starting role just to compare how they looked (mainly against Lufkin), but it's been a solid half for our A squad for sure.

The Fish didn't play LV because of the lightning. I was thinking about going to that one too, before I learned about HK getting hurt (I guess that's what you're saying?) thanks for the info though guys. I was already worried about this Lobo team with HK at Qb lol.