Week Four: Mesquite Horn at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

The Fish didn't play LV because of the lightning. I was thinking about going to that one too, before I learned about HK getting hurt (I guess that's what you're saying?) thanks for the info though guys. I was already worried about this Lobo team with HK at Qb lol.

The future is bright! 😎

Go Lobos!

• Like 1

The Fish didn't play LV because of the lightning. I was thinking about going to that one too, before I learned about HK getting hurt (I guess that's what you're saying?) thanks for the info though guys. I was already worried about this Lobo team with HK at Qb lol.

Oh dang completely forgot about that. Was thinking about the JV score when typing that.

• Like 1

I figured.....smh. And I just got over the Hasty years, now I have to deal with three seasons of this kid. My Pack can't catch a break

I never understood why Pack nation was so terrified of Hasty. lol

I mean yeah he had some good games against yall but Miller was worst for yall.

Since all you have had your say as to rivalries, this old dude will help guide you through some history...in the 60's(as far as I'll go back), Texarkana and Marshall were always our biggest rival..70's - 80's transitioned to JT during the 'Earl' years..the rivalry with Marshall lessened as Lufkin grew and became the team we wanted to beat..I would say the Allen Wilson 90's brought on another wholesome distaste for JT..his teams were some kind of special..and then Outlaw came to town and we were back to hatin' on Lufkin..a great deal of competition has to take place before a rivalry can exist..therefore, there is no way that Horn, or any school from the Metro area can be considered a real 'rival'....p.s. we would have liked one with PT...but I digress..go lobos

I never understood why Pack nation was so terrified of Hasty. lol

I mean yeah he had some good games against yall but Miller was worst for yall.

Miller was tough to deal with like most lobo running backs, but Hasty was explosive to me. Every time he got the ball I was worried that he would break it. He didn't really like contact and would run out of bounds when he could've gotten a few more yards imo, but I was always worried when he got the ball. I remember him going crazy on us in 2013 and then he played well while hurt in that big comeback win in the playoffs the next season too. He had our defense and foolish DC Stafford worried every time he was out there. So definitely help to change the game when he was on the field, even when he wasn't getting the ball. At least that's what I remember(I can't watch the replay). Him and of course Chumley passing to a wide open freaking tight end every freakin time lol.
  • Like 1

Since all you have had your say as to rivalries, this old dude will help guide you through some history...in the 60's(as far as I'll go back), Texarkana and Marshall were always our biggest rival..70's - 80's transitioned to JT during the 'Earl' years..the rivalry with Marshall lessened as Lufkin grew and became the team we wanted to beat..I would say the Allen Wilson 90's brought on another wholesome distaste for JT..his teams were some kind of special..and then Outlaw came to town and we were back to hatin' on Lufkin..a great deal of competition has to take place before a rivalry can exist..therefore, there is no way that Horn, or any school from the Metro area can be considered a real 'rival'....p.s. we would have liked one with PT...but I digress..go lobos

I knew there was a lobo fan out there with common sense...lol

I could've told ya that gtee. lol

Do you really have to wonder who'll be our starter next season?

you told us for a couple yrs now that the kid was special. I got to believe you because other JT guys are saying it, and you were right about the group of kids coming up too. I'm anxious to see this kid, I may come to the next fresh game against JT.

Glad to hear King is as good a passer as you'd hoped. I mean the kid has grown up (man... I feel old cause I remember when he was born...) in a football household and been around football all his life. I hope the talent around him is good when he's a Junior and Senior... Those could be some really special Longview teams.

Anyway, hoping we beat Horn tonight. They always had good talent and some decent athletes. But we always seem to get the bigger end of the stick... Anyone remember Mon Williams and the hype he got?! Only to get completely outplayed by Vondrell McGee...

Oline needs farrier

We're up 21-7, 10:46 left in the 2nd.

The offense is running and passing at will....and the defense is giving Chris Robison and that Horn offense all they can handle.

What the hell are you complaining for? We're playing great right now against probably the best team we've seen all year.