Week Four: Mesquite Horn at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars (2-1)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

First off Horn has the biggest DLine and LB's I have ever seen! Finally I saw a secondary that was worse than ours. They didn't knock a single ball down that I saw. Horns' backup Qb...he was pretty dang good! Lobos got complacent the second half. 35-10 and we get the ball second half...ball game shoulda been over. Wiley started to calm down and just throw the ball. The miss freaking tackles killed us defensively. If that was the best team we will play as King said...I'm kinda happy with the results.

Horn front 7 is rediculous.

They actually have TRUE LB's...I'm talking must've been averaging over 230 in the LB core. Goodness.

Horn front 7 is rediculous.

They actually have TRUE LB's...I'm talking must've been averaging over 230 in the LB core. Goodness.

Like I stated on the other board we had the size on defense to match up with Longview OL. It makes zero sense that they gave up 300 yards in the run game. Our corners have gotten torched in every game with the exception of the Skyline game. Wiley only missed 3 passes and had a 20 yard per pass average. We have one corner who got a few offers before his first start on varsity. It has gone to his head and he is giving up big plays weekly. He falls for every double move a receiver gives him. Our offense has done nothing in the first half against CHill or Longview. If Horn's passing game is not working we are doomed. We have always been a team who simply use the run game to keep defenses honest. In years past we have had very good offensive lines. It's now been two years since he have had a D1 lineman. We have been below average for a couple of years now. I think we will get the offense fixed. I have little hope for the defense. They don't seem to have that fire in the belly mentality that you have to have. Right now I would say we are fighting for that last playoff spot. This team look like cats but play like kittens.