Who can compete with WOS in 4A DII

chukslegacy

WOS making mince meat out of everyone they faced! I am kinda concerned about the sluggish starts. Can't have that against a team like Gilmer or Celina.

Gilmer will handle Celina next week with ease. Gilmer not in the same boat as the Stangs. Said it before and now again, NOBODY in D2 can play with WOS this year.

Difference is Gilmer has actually play good teams. WOS hasn't!

I do hope Gilmer and WOS meet up. Just don't see it ending well for Gilmer if they do. Yes I see that you think WOS has not played anyone and that is your opinion and that is ok. But Nederland 5A, Kennedale still playing & Silsbee gave Carthage all they wanted...these are not weak sisters.

WOS PA - 51 PF - 690

Gilmer PA - 347 PF - 664

I'm a NE Texas fan but I know that the Mustangs are mighty tough to deal with this year. 51 Pts given up in 13 games. WHOA!! Chain Gang is TOUGH.

• Like 1

Nothing was mentioned about WOS beating 6A teams! Like the thread states. Who in 4A DI or D II who could give WOS a run for their money. You people are something else up here in the woods!

Nobody in 4A D1 or D2 can play with WOS this year. Don't count me as one of "you people"...I know about the Stangs...LOL

• Like 1

Nobody in 4A D1 or D2 can play with WOS this year. Don't count me as one of "you people"...I know about the Stangs...LOL

my son graduated in 2013 at WOS. Program Coach T has is nothing short of hard knock football. Just think what it would be like if they had the facilities to go along with the heart this team shows! Would love to see the Gilmer WOS rematch.

C'mon Golfingnut, you just missed a 6" putt on 18 to win the match :)

That's ok. At least I made it to the 18th. Only Arnie beat me. Jack & Tiger finished 3rd & 4th. I've always been better with my driver than my putter anyway.

Lesson is a team is still better than another even if they have lost, especially if the team that's undefeated is beating middle school teams.

• Like 1

I do hope Gilmer and WOS meet up. Just don't see it ending well for Gilmer if they do. Yes I see that you think WOS has not played anyone and that is your opinion and that is ok. But Nederland 5A, Kennedale still playing & Silsbee gave Carthage all they wanted...these are not weak sisters.

WOS PA - 51 PF - 690

Gilmer PA - 347 PF - 664

I'm a NE Texas fan but I know that the Mustangs are mighty tough to deal with this year. 51 Pts given up in 13 games. WHOA!! Chain Gang is TOUGH.

Nederland is -poor pathetic and didnt make the playoffs. Newton would woodshed Nederland.

• Like 1

Nederland is ######-poor pathetic and didnt make the playoffs. Newton would woodshed Nederland.

Cmon now Memorial Titan...you should know that the Mustangs are the real deal being from PA. Yes Newton has always been salty. Yes Newton would probably beat Nederland but Silsbee & Kennedale may be a different ballgame.

That's ok. At least I made it to the 18th. Only Arnie beat me. Jack & Tiger finished 3rd & 4th. I've always been better with my driver than my putter anyway.

Lesson is a team is still better than another even if they have lost, especially if the team that's undefeated is beating middle school teams.

That's true in a lot of cases. Honestly, I suspect that most 5A teams down here don't want to play WOS - sort of a no win situation. So throw the undefeated season out, and you still have the reigning SC with 17 returning starters. Actually, if I was evaluating a team, that would impress me more than the undefeated season. I will admit that any team can have a really bad game and lose. And imo, that's the only way anyone will beat WOS this season.

Btw, good job bringing Jack & Tiger down to reality :)