Who can compete with WOS in 4A DII

chukslegacy

Looks like the last 3 times the Mustangs have played a NETX team they were airing up basketballs the next day. But in fairness Gilmer and Carthage have sent a lot of teams to the basketball court before they were ready.

Do they air the balls up on a Saturday/Sunday or do they wait until Monday???

Are you for real! Any win in a SC game is impressive to say the least! If not mistaken it was very lopsided game. And if your QB is the star of the team than most likely your in trouble. WOS is the most well rounded ball club. Heck if WOS lost their QB there is at least two other kids that could step up and get it done. Really what you just said really makes it to where Celina with their starting QB getting hurt and leaving the game had no business being in that game. Because it got quite embarrassing looking at all the players from Celina standing on the sidelines and not one could step up and get it done. There must have been 100 players vs 40 WOS kids.

You are talking about your field general in the state championship game. The leader of your offense.

Example; Look at Colt McCoy with the Texas Longhorns in that national championship game. Yes they ALMOST won with a backup, but it's not a testimate as to how good that team was when arguably the best QB in Texas Longhorns history was playing.

Connor Pingleton was an EXCEPTIONAL Celina QB. Over 3,000 yards passing, over 700 yards rushing, and 56 touchdowns. You don't replace a player like that with a backup. You attempt to make due, and it may or may not work in your favor. When WO-S found out that the backup couldn't throw well, the stacked the box. Simple. It doesn't take the trophy away from them, but it should make you stop and think what might have happened otherwise, and respect the other teams the way they should be, instead of talking about how dominant yours is when they may or may not have gotten away with one last season. I take last year's Gilmer or Atlanta team into the championship game and see a totally different outcome as long as both go in healthy.

• Like 4

I would guess Monday. But we don't do it in Carthage. They get the gloves and bats out.

Y'all have had a good run for sure...when you miss basketball season because football lasted so long I would say that's a pretty good thing..I don't like basketball anyway..

Remember 2010 Chapel Hill , I forget the years but Gilmer the year they played sota in the state championship and the year Gilmer played Liberty Eylau in Bi District, 2013 Stephenville, and Alvarado 2011 thought they were unbeatable as well.

Gilmer/L-E - 2006

Gilmer/Navasota - 2012

You do know that Celina brings up their 9th grade and JV teams just to be with the varsity in the playoffs, right? That's why it looks like they have big numbers, when in fact they only have about as many as anybody else on the upper end of 4A-D2.

It doesn't matter, though, but I would hazard a guess that if Jack Dallas did get hurt (God forbid) that WO-S would suffer tremendously on offense. He is the leader of the Mustang team. Yes, the defense would keep on keeping on, but the offense wouldn't be nearly as effective, in my opinion.

Injuries are a big part of the game, especially noticeable at the lower classifications. That's why there's a "luck" factor involved, and why it is so difficult for teams to repeat, threepeat, etc.

So true! A three year starter that makes the wheels turn at WOS.

There have been many times "some" people thought a team could not be beat. Gilmer (2006), although I definitely wasn't in that mindset, Brownwood (2010), Daingerfield (1984), and several more than others can think of.

No doubt West Orange-Stark is a very good team, and should be the favorite to win another state championship. The thing is, though, they don't hand out SC trophies in September. You have to EARN it, and you have to have a little "luck" along the way (avoiding injuries, a fortuitous bounce here and there, etc.). NOBODY is unbeatable, and nobody knows for sure how one region stacks up against another. I'm pretty sure there will be some teams out there that can give WO-S a scare, and just maybe could even beat them.

Great season thus far for the Mustangs, though.

• Like 2

"KYKX Game of the Week...Surratt & Turner cut the deal to not play in Longview but at Home for 2 years + each team gets 2 scholarships instead of 1...Bux / Dawgs make all the money, not Lobo." --- From another poster. But it makes sense.

business is business...

There have been many times "some" people thought a team could not be beat. Gilmer (2006), although I definitely wasn't in that mindset, Brownwood (2010), Daingerfield (1984), and several more than others can think of.

No doubt West Orange-Stark is a very good team, and should be the favorite to win another state championship. The thing is, though, they don't hand out SC trophies in September. You have to EARN it, and you have to have a little "luck" along the way (avoiding injuries, a fortuitous bounce here and there, etc.). NOBODY is unbeatable, and nobody knows for sure how one region stacks up against another. I'm pretty sure there will be some teams out there that can give WO-S a scare, and just maybe could even beat them.

Ohh yea, I don't know how but I forgot about Brownwood 2010. They were touted to be the best 3a team of all time. Then they ran into a buzz saw.

Ohh yea, I don't know how but I forgot about Brownwood 2010. They were touted to be the best 3a team of all time. Then they ran into a buzz saw.

You're from Carthage and you didn't remember that one??? :)

I remember it very well. The hype all year was how good Brownwood was, and how they couldn't be beat. Carthage put an end to that. They were a very good team, just not good enough.

You're from Carthage and you didn't remember that one??? :)

I remember it very well. The hype all year was how good Brownwood was, and how they couldn't be beat. Carthage put an end to that. They were a very good team, just not good enough.

I just looked at their season. Wow that was a team. Through 14 games (before they played Carthage) they out scored opponents 773-222. That's an average of 55-16. Talk about dominate. That also includes a 49-16 win over a Stephenville team that played Aledo in the regional finals that year in 4a, and was barely beat 18-10. In all our playoff runs that was one of the best team we ever played. In the same group with 2007 LH, 2008 Gilmer, and 2015 La Vega.

there is a reason WOS is ranked #1. It isn't because of a weak region. They will make believers out of you East Texans again! Gilmore has no chance and silsbee will be blanked this week by WOS

WO-S plays Silsbee this week? I thought they played some academy team out of Houston this week.

According to my peeps down there, Silsbee will end up scoring on WO-S.

WO-S plays Silsbee this week? I thought they played some academy team out of Houston this week.

According to my peeps down there, Silsbee will end up scoring on WO-S.

your sources are incorrect. Silsbee will not score! Also you are correct WOS plays some Houston team this week Having trouble finding good teams

Still upset about that '84 Daingerfield vs Gladewater game at the Rose. After being humiliated in '83 I really thought the Bears had the game in '84. Still the best game I have ever witnessed!