James Bowie vs Maud

pirate4ever

I was thinging about starting a thread earlier in the week but it's just not the same anymore!!! We had some major trash talking threads leading up to this game in the past...the rivalry is just not as intense as it used to be I guess...and both schools have been in a bit of a down cycle, but hopefully that will change for both schools. Good luck to both teams and hope they stay safe from harm as district play is getting close. Gotta go with the Cards, but it will be a tough game, especially tough to beat them at home.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the Pirates are breaking out some new, black uniforms tonight. Should look pretty sharp. Different, but sharp!

Really??? !!!! That sounds pretty cool!!! Can't imagine them in black but I bet they look good!! All black can look really good!!!! You should post a pic if you get a chance.

Ol'Stomp has been out to pasture for a few years now but he has some colts running around. The Pirates have everyone back and healthy and they are hungry. It's still a rivalry game but not the same since we are not district opponents anymore. It will be a tough game. I'll take my Pirates in a close one.

Really??? !!!! That sounds pretty cool!!! Can't imagine them in black but I bet they look good!! All black can look really good!!!! You should post a pic if you get a chance.

Sources say they didn't wear em! I heard the Maud game was gonna be the unveiling, but I guess not. Maybe waiting for homecoming.

This was an interesting game. Maud came out flat and it wasn't til the 3rd quarter did the kids get fired up. The they began to play with a little more intensity and broke the game open. Bowie played hard all the way through. It was nice to see some of the younger cardinals get in there and get some playing time. On to next week.

Thanks, but I'm not there any more...but I do agree, they have a good looking group and two of the finest young men who have ever worn the maroon uni's leading the team. ( Gage Jones (qb) Alex Sultz) both juniors. Good things ahead for the Cards!! Congrats to all the staff and young men who have worked so hard!