Week Five: Longview at Tyler Lee

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-1) at Tyler Lee Red Raiders (2-2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

well 2010 our Qb stepped in a hole in the turf and got hurt and 2014 we decided we wanted to be tear the walmart club up thugs b4 the season so them dont count...

Shhh. Let them continue believing they beat "Longview" those two times.

# 31 Makyle Sanders D1 Safety

Cambell Miller LB / DT

<b>#16 Tyrec Grayson WR

#13 Ishwan Barker WR</b>

The Whitaker kid who rushed for 200 against Marshall has had a sprained ankle since and has been ineffective. Therefore our running game has been null

This team has a lot of potential but their young at the skill positions.

They have to go air attack this week. Put in alot of screens, draws, misdirection,bubble screens, short passing game, etc.... to keep Longview from teeing off with their front 4. 3 Second passing game or bust.

Lee will not be able to run on that front.

They are wasting their time trying to run the zone read 20 times this week. We have to throw it and let Amie take off with it if needed mixed with a lot of LV misfortune to have any chance

Shhh. Let them continue believing they beat "Longview" those two times.

so...should the wins not count on the record. Cause Im sure the team JT played had on Green and white.with L's on their helmets.

So lets go through everyone's historic schedule and remove any win in which the other team had injuries.

One thing I will say is lee can sneak up on you and surprise a team I remember that game they beat lufkin I didn't even think Lee had a chance to win and they ended up dominating that game mostly cuss of hall was just unstoppable amie should get his don't know if it will be enough tho

One thing I will say is lee can sneak up on you and surprise a team I remember that game they beat lufkin I didn't even think Lee had a chance to win and they ended up dominating that game mostly cuss of hall was just unstoppable amie should get his don't know if it will be enough tho

Hall was on another level when he was healthy. I'm thinking we had our recievers hurt too. Plus Stafford was our DC, so recipe for disaster in that game. Like 07 said though, anything can happen. I just don't see it this year. Lobos also seem to be playing well going into this game. With Hall and their recievers from last season, maybe there could be a chance for an upset, but I don't think it will happen with this team.

That is completely false...I have personally watch JT win 5 times in Lobo myself....in 94, 96, 98, 2010, 2014

should have won there in 92, but field goal kicker missed 2 or 3 very short field goals. Ended up losing 17-16....lol

I have that 1992 game somewhere. I think he missed an extra point as well as 2-3 field goals. I'd have to go back and watch...

I have that 1992 game somewhere. I think he missed an extra point as well as 2-3 field goals. I'd have to go back and watch...

yep thats true. Whats ironic is that the kicker went on to kick at a Div.1 school and have a very nice professional soccer career.. It was a heartbreaking game, because he missed two field goals that were less than 30 yds.

One thing I will say is lee can sneak up on you and surprise a team I remember that game they beat lufkin I didn't even think Lee had a chance to win and they ended up dominating that game mostly cuss of hall was just unstoppable amie should get his don't know if it will be enough tho[/quote

If Lee surprises anyone in this game it will be me also. I know what they have and what they do as well as King does. Whatt they have left of a backfield is all Sophs. And Wick is limping. So scrap the running game. That was easy. It's down to a short passing game and special teams play which we have had issues. The surprise will have to come from someone who has yet to surface.

I do remember a LV and Lee game at the Rose back in ? When the LV starting back went down and Fred Talley came in as a Soph and rushe for 220 that day. That was his breakout game. I don't think Talley ever lost the job after that game.

That's what Lee will need

I do remember a LV and Lee game at the Rose back in ? When the LV starting back went down and Fred Talley came in as a Soph and rushe for 220 that day. That was his breakout game. I don't think Talley ever lost the job after that game.

That's what Lee will need

1996. It took an unreal late rally for Longview to win that one. Tajuan Stoker was the starter, but he didn't get injured (was apart of the winning play).

But agreed.

Will take someone completely unexpected to show up and take over the game for Lee to win it. We all know Longview will target y'all's QB and make someone else beat us.

1996. It took an unreal late rally for Longview to win that one. Tajuan Stoker was the starter, but he didn't get injured (was apart of the winning play).

But agreed.

Will take someone completely unexpected to show up and take over the game for Lee to win it. We all know Longview will target y'all's QB and make someone else beat us.

Yep it was stoker thought he was hurt. All I know they put Talley in and he ran all over the place. He was a player for sure.

But agreed.

Yep. And Lee, leading by 7, fumbled inside the Longview 5 with less than 3 minutes left. Had they even got a FG, that game never goes to OT, much less a second OT.

Kinda like 2004. Up by 7 with maybe 8 minutes left, Lee fumbled inside the Longview 20 to allow us back into the game.

Yep. And Lee, leading by 7, fumbled inside the Longview 5 with less than 3 minutes left. Had they even got a FG, that game never goes to OT, much less a second OT.

Kinda like 2004. Up by 7 with maybe 8 minutes left, Lee fumbled inside the Longview 20 to allow us back into the game.

That OT game was a heck of a game . Didnt Lee try the 10 in the huddle play in that OT

Lighten up man,you get in your feelings too easy Lmao... No sense of humor at all.

1st.......The original statement about owning Lobo Stadium was not made in jest!! Not needing a humorous response. The only thing that phrase evokes is annoyance and irritation, because it is a BOLD FACE LIE!

2nd......You do not know me to know if I have a sense of humor or not. I am pretty close to being a great stand up comedian in my circle of friends. Keyword: FRIENDS

3rd.......If I EVER "get in my feelings" with someone from N Tyler, it will be a loud, ugly, unpleasant, horrid, dreadful, and most definitely so foul that I would certainly get banned for life.

4th.......And probably the most important..............I AM NOT A MAN, Moronica.

• Like 2

If it happened, the cameras definitely didn't get it. Lee did complete a few big passes in OT, but none looked like they'd be because of the hideout play.

Or wait. Did you mean 2004? I'm pretty sure they didn't do anything like that in 2004 either. [/quote

I'm not sure which one it was but I remember Lee running it against Longview. It didn't work because of a procedure call. After 10 years my brain starts to short circuit without data I liked the call though.

Haha yeah the hideout play is illegal. We ran it vs Lufkin and Sulphur Springs in 2014... Although whether it was against the rules is up for debate. (The rule has something to do with how far from the sideline a player can line up, and whether our player was within that distance or not, I don't know).

Oh well, it's water under the bridge now.

Man, think about the two games in 2003 that Longview had vs Lee. THOSE were some good ones. I wonder if Preston Hill not being hurt would've changed the outcome of the 2005 game too. Maybe not to a Lee win, but certainly not the blowout that the game turned into.