Week Five: Longview at Tyler Lee

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-1) at Tyler Lee Red Raiders (2-2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

Gonna be really interesting next year with 3 Qb's competing

Maybe 4..

Carter - SR

Lawson - SR

Lampkin - JR

HK - Soph

I think Carter goes through a position change in the spring though. Lawson is a pretty good runner and can be deadly on option plays, but his arm isn't consistent.

Just hope the best player plays. If you are our JV next year, you win regardless with either Lampkin or HK.

Maybe 4..

Carter - SR

Lawson - SR

Lampkin - JR

HK - Soph

I think Carter goes through a position change in the spring though. Lawson is a pretty good runner and can be deadly on option plays, but his arm isn't consistent.

Just hope the best player plays. If you are our JV next year, you win regardless with either Lampkin or HK.

yea I believe Carter moves also. Personally I hope King wins it. Even if we gotta go through year of growing pains I just envision what I thought Chumley was gonna be. We ever get "THAT" Qb...man oh man
  • Like 1

Game Stats

LV. Lee

First downs. 21. 19

Rushes- yards. 50-396. 41- 326

Passing. 127. 219

Punts. 1-44. 2-33

Fumbles. 1-1. 2-1

Total yards. 523. 545

Most yards rushing LV gave up all season

Special teams was a major part of this game

Lee kicking a 5 yard field goal to go ahead and blocked for a 95 yard return Td

Extra point blocked

Muffed snap on a punt gave LV ball on Their 30. However Sanders int next play

Another kick off returned for Td

Kicking game spotted LV the ball at 40 all night

LV kicker is incredible- he kept us pinned back all night. He's a weapon

I knew going in our ST were suspect and the LV team speed cleaned up on it they did their homework on ST

Lee played as good as this team could play against a team like LV.

Coach George had a good plan but as I predicted our front couldn't hold up to the pounding in the 2nd half

Coach George has seen now that this is a SEC team. It's taken Sumlin 3 years to get his fronts built up to be able to compete in that league

Lee has to get their fronts built up to be able to play LV and others equal

We should be able to fix ST. We need to spend a whole week on it and get that mess fixed its been our burn all year

Hats off to LV. You do what you do I have no doubt we gave it our all

Um, Coach Sumlin went 11-2 his first year in the SEC. He actually regressed when his linemen weren't the studs that Jim Turner had put together... Jim Turner is back at A&M this season which is why you see the line play vastly improved.

Hats off to Lee. They came to play and according to Coach King on the radio show, he was really worried all day because he felt like the team wasn't taking the game as seriously as they should've been, and that is a recipe for disaster against a team like Lee. Thankfully, they seemingly got everything together for the second half. As LoboFan07 said. I'd much rather be 2-0 than 1-1 with a hard lesson learned.