Week Five: Longview at Tyler Lee

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-1) at Tyler Lee Red Raiders (2-2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

Since then, it hasn't really been competitive with Lee, sadly. Wish we could get back to the old days.

I wouldn't go that far.

2006 was a really close game, that saw the Red Raiders climb back and tie the game after trailing 10-0 most of it.

2007 was a game that could've gone either way, with Lee leading into the 4th quarter.

2008 game was 0-0 at halftime and only 7-0 heading into the 4th quarter.

2010 was probably one that got away from Lee as Robertson just completely took over the 4th quarter for us, but another game REL had the lead in late.

Now the last three meetings, it's just been awful. After that first quarter in 2011 when Lee was leading 7-3, Longview has outscored the Raiders 157-25.

Obviously, I'm hoping that continues this week. But I can't see it being as dominating as that 2013 game. I've never seen Lee look as bad that night as they did when they came to Lobo Stadum.

GOLEE, outside of Amie, who for Lee has stuck out so far this year??

# 31 Makyle Sanders D1 Safety

Cambell Miller LB / DT

#16 Tyrec Grayson WR

#13 Ishwan Barker WR

The Whitaker kid who rushed for 200 against Marshall has had a sprained ankle since and has been ineffective. Therefore our running game has been null

This team has a lot of potential but their young at the skill positions.

They have to go air attack this week. Put in alot of screens, draws, misdirection,bubble screens, short passing game, etc.... to keep Longview from teeing off with their front 4. 3 Second passing game or bust.

Lee will not be able to run on that front.

They are wasting their time trying to run the zone read 20 times this week. We have to throw it and let Amie take off with it if needed mixed with a lot of LV misfortune to have any chance

Thanks for the heads up on those guys!

I will say that I don't think our secondary has played poorly at all this season.

Hoping Wiley continues to improve with the passing game and that our guys aren't looking ahead to Rockwall the week after.

Thanks for the heads up on those guys!

I will say that I don't think our secondary has played poorly at all this season.

Hoping Wiley continues to improve with the passing game and that our guys aren't looking ahead to Rockwall the week after.[/quo

That Rockwall game is going to be good one.

Their QB throws a pretty ball. He has some of the best QB tetnique I have seen. He reminds Me of Drew Breeze when he played at Westlake. He can throw the deep ball on the money and has a guy that can go get it. Their the real deal

Welll.....lol, not that long. Cedar Hill I think the week before, put up 42 on them in the first half with a backup Qb. I think it was 42-14 at halftime and 59-21 final.

Wow didn't realize their D was so suspect. I think their missing The QB play and relying on big points.

Wow didn't realize their D was so suspect. I think their missing The QB play and relying on big points.

QB played the first half against Longview and was absolutely shut down. It sounded like their back up made a ton of mistakes against C Hill, but they definitely had their chances in that game before it just got out of hand.

Horn is a lot better than they're playing right now, IMO.

I wouldn't go that far.

2006 was a really close game, that saw the Red Raiders climb back and tie the game after trailing 10-0 most of it.

2007 was a game that could've gone either way, with Lee leading into the 4th quarter.

2008 game was 0-0 at halftime and only 7-0 heading into the 4th quarter.

2010 was probably one that got away from Lee as Robertson just completely took over the 4th quarter for us, but another game REL had the lead in late.

Now the last three meetings, it's just been awful. After that first quarter in 2011 when Lee was leading 7-3, Longview has outscored the Raiders 157-25.

Obviously, I'm hoping that continues this week. But I can't see it being as dominating as that 2013 game. I've never seen Lee look as bad that night as they did when they came to Lobo Stadum.

Eh, I'll give you 2006 because they did tie it in the 4th quarter, although we immediately took the lead back on the ensuing kickoff. Also 2010, but it took them running all sorts of trick plays just to take a lead in the 3rd quarter. But like 2006, it was still a 2-possession win. In 2008 did Lee even cross the 50? I remember they never really threatened to score and the score was only close at half because Longview couldn't seem to score. Again, though, it was a 3-possession win.

You're right about 2007, though. Although their coach seemingly gave up on the game when trailing only by a possession.

Eh, I'll give you 2006 because they did tie it in the 4th quarter, although we immediately took the lead back on the ensuing kickoff. Also 2010, but it took them running all sorts of trick plays just to take a lead in the 3rd quarter. But like 2006, it was still a 2-possession win. In 2008 did Lee even cross the 50? I remember they never really threatened to score and the score was only close at half because Longview couldn't seem to score. Again, though, it was a 3-possession win.

You're right about 2007, though. Although their coach seemingly gave up on the game when trailing only by a possession.

I mean if you want to call all those games with Marshall close because we were tied at halftime with them...I think ya gotta call games that Lee had the lead with less than 12 minutes to go close too lol.

Nah.

Robison was there....but our defense shut him down. And after a series of hits, he exited the game with an unknown injury. Givens is a good QB too which is why I say Horn will be fine.

I was extremely proud of our defense. Don't let the 37 points fool you, that was probably the best defensive game we've had in a while....and they've honestly played well all season. 27 of Horn's 37 came from the Lobo offense (fumbling inside the 30) and the Lobo special teams (muffing punts inside the 30). Another 7 of Horn's points came from a fake punt on 4th down. But whenever Horn had to march down the field, our defense wasn't letting Horn have anything. It was so dominant, I had to question how in the world Robison is a 4* QB....but Jett Duffey was only a 3*. lol But I think Robison is good, our defense just played a helluva game and prepared well all week.

But even all of that isn't as shocking as their lack of defense. Longview ran AND passed at will against them. A couple of their fans were even commenting on the 6A board about how good our passing looked. Now their front 7 looks ridiculous. A beefy defensive line, and a mean LB core that had to been averaging 230lbs. That LB Chika Nwabuko was the most impressive LB I'd seen in several seasons. Dude looked 250+ and even popped our RB White a couple of times and if you know anything about our RB Ken White....he usually does the popping. But even with all of that beef, we still ran at will. I said it before the season started...no one was going to stop our backfield. It was always just a matter of Longview finding a passing game to go along with it.

Im just glad to be playing Longview again. Their East Texas and we go way back. I love to watch King and that power running game, as well as play physical defense, not to mention the halftime show with the marching band, that is still the best around.

I still have a lot of faith in Coach George and where he is going, with the program.

He is going to get to see how far he has to go by playing Longview.

I can say this ... our kids love to play LV, and I know their looking forward to the challenge.

At the end of the day, I want LV or JT to take this district away from the Dallas schools.

Im just glad to be playing Longview again. Their East Texas and we go way back. I love to watch King and that power running game, as well as play physical defense, not to mention the halftime show with the marching band, that is still the best around.

I still have a lot of faith in Coach George and where he is going, with the program.

He is going to get to see how far he has to go by playing Longview.

I can say this ... our kids love to play LV, and I know their looking forward to the challenge.

At the end of the day, I want LV or JT to take this district away from the Dallas schools.

so how would you feel if Lee pulls it out?