Mr. P

Mustangs versus Bulldogs  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

Overton. The biggest question is this: Will our old buddy Colmesneilfan1 show up for a meet and greet with Mathias?

I say, if the Jim Crews Wreckin' Crew pulls the upset, all the mods should have to change their names to Colmesneil tributes. I don't know about y'all, but I thought "ColmesneilRockCity" was dashed clever.

Overton. The biggest question is this: Will our old buddy Colmesneilfan1 show up for a meet and greet with Mathias?

I'll be at Sabine Pass watching the Oilers roll..........I'm wondering what weakness Colmesneil saw in Overton to schedule them for homecoming, though......lol

Oh....almost forgot to pick....

Overton..................................................................................................................

• Like 1

I'll be at Sabine Pass watching the Oilers roll..........I'm wondering what weakness Colmesneil saw in Overton to schedule them for homecoming, though......lol

Oh....almost forgot to pick....

Overton..................................................................................................................

Was it a choice or a lack of options?

Let me tell you something, we've got the best emos. The best. We've got white kids with floppy dyed-black hair, black kids with taper-cut magenta frohawks, Latino kids with '50s Don Draper Mad Men lookin' hair and lines shaved in the side. Clumsy Colmesneil won't know what hit 'em. We gonna roll up in there, blasting Digital Underground chopped and screwed with a Dashboard Confessional mashup. There's gonna be ironic black-rimmed eyeglasses and 21-sided dice all over the place. We're gonna make emo great again. Believe me.

Colmesneil has not backed down from playing a tough non-district schedule, opponents have a combined record of 10-6, have to give them kudos on this.

They have offensively been scoring at a clip of only 9.3 ppg while giving up 51.3, a -42.0 ppg differential. Overton three previous opponents only have a combined record of 4-7, so not quite the same strength of schedule...one common opponent, Carlisle (4-0)...Colmesneil lost that one 65-0 and Overton dropped that one 49-27, but with 2:45 to play was only down 35-27 and the Indians put up 14 in that time.

Overton is averaging offensively 32.7 ppg while defensively allowing 25.3 ppg, just a 7.3 difference per game...Overton did have their largest offensive production against a 3A DII opponent in Como Pickton...Mustang QB had a career night, over 350 yds total offense...overall the score (59-27) was not I feel indicative of how Overton dominated the game...subs played in the 4th and did give up one score...secondary continues to play well and run defense has continued to improve.

Overton should win this one...subs may get some significant playing time as Overton has an open week next and begins prepping for the district opener vs Grapeland in two weeks.

• Like 2

Overton fans don't forget the Texas Star Cafe in beautiful downtown Colmesneil.........:)

As tempting as that sounds, I don't want to deal with all the traffic. The downtown area is absolutely crazy that time of night. :lol: