Who can compete with Gilmer Buckeyes in 4A DII

chukslegacy

I don't know what y'all put in the water over there but y'all are scaring me. Y'all need to stop with all this Gladewater love.

Aliens must have stopped in Gilmer and kidnapped the Gilmer faithful, brainwashing them before returning them to Buckeyeland.

Where's jackpots? Surely he still hates my Bears!!'

Hahahaha...! Just because I think the gladwater bares are good enough to beat us this season doesn't mean I have any "love" for gladwater -- quite the opposite in fact. I'm pretty sure we can beat them, but we will certainly have to play better than we have been in my opinion.

Hahahaha...! Just because I think the gladwater bares are good enough to beat us this season doesn't mean I have any "love" for gladwater -- quite the opposite in fact. I'm pretty sure we can beat them, but we will certainly have to play better than we have been in my opinion.

Now I feel better!!!! 😀

My point is that despite being 3-0, in my opinion the Bears haven't played well enough to be considered front runners. I wish we had gotten a full game against Carthage. Despite it being game 1 and having our scrimmage the week before cancelled I think if we had played the entire game we would know a little more about where we are compared to teams like Carthage who are really good teams. Even though we got in a little over a quarter's worth against them, it was raining and game was delayed almost 2 hours do conditions weren't enough to give us any ideal of where they are. Games vs Kilgore, Center & CH, although before the season seemed like games that would be hard and good indicators of where we are as a team, today don't make me all warm & fuzzy about how good we are. I'm skeptical. I see our weaknesses and I'm not ready to crown the Bears district champions. Of course you know I would never do that anyway.

I'm sure other Bear fans disagree with me. Not the first time or last. And I'm not bashing on my Bears. Just being honest about what I see and the long long road ahead.

Now I feel better!!!! 😀

My point is that despite being 3-0, in my opinion the Bears haven't played well enough to be considered front runners. I wish we had gotten a full game against Carthage. Despite it being game 1 and having our scrimmage the week before cancelled I think if we had played the entire game we would know a little more about where we are compared to teams like Carthage who are really good teams. Even though we got in a little over a quarter's worth against them, it was raining and game was delayed almost 2 hours do conditions weren't enough to give us any ideal of where they are. Games vs Kilgore, Center & CH, although before the season seemed like games that would be hard and good indicators of where we are as a team, today don't make me all warm & fuzzy about how good we are. I'm skeptical. I see our weaknesses and I'm not ready to crown the Bears district champions. Of course you know I would never do that anyway.

I'm sure other Bear fans disagree with me. Not the first time or last. And I'm not bashing on my Bears. Just being honest about what I see and the long long road ahead.

Unlike some of the other posters on here (you know who), you are being humble and not counting your chickens before they hatch. You understand there is a lot of football left this year and there are too many variables to list that could come into play in the future. You have a ringside seat to see both good and bad for every game and you still show respect for each opponent and the unknown. That's one of the signs of a true THSF fan. Support your team with facts, but respect the game and ALL opponents. Wish others would take some pointers from your perspective. Trollers, pot stirring and bragging get old fast!

• Like 2

Unlike some of the other posters on here (you know who), you are being humble and not counting your chickens before they hatch. You understand there is a lot of football left this year and there are too many variables to list that could come into play in the future. You have a ringside seat to see both good and bad for every game and you still show respect for each opponent and the unknown. That's one of the signs of a true THSF fan. Support your team with facts, but respect the game and ALL opponents. Wish others would take some pointers from your perspective. Trollers, pot stirring and bragging get old fast!

Thank you! Your words are very appreciated!!

First off, Gilmer is the team to beat.... to be the man you gotta beat the man... until that happens, Gilmer reigns supreme. But yes, I think GW has a good chance of beating them this year.... Run the ball and play defense thats what it takes to beat Gilmer and thats what GW does to a T.....

I agree with you to an extent. Carthage did exactly what it takes to beat Gilmer. Balance, with a good defense. To beat Gilmer, you will have to be balanced on offense. Just being able to run the ball won't do it. Gladewater has a great running game, and a stingy defense, but they haven't played a game against anyone that has a strong offense like Gilmer. I don't count Carthage since that game wasn't completed, but Carthage was ahead. You will have to be able to pass, and not really anyone in that district can pass except for Gilmer. I will say Gladewater stands the best chance, but the game is in Gilmer, so no beating them there. Possibly in the playoffs at a neutral site if they were going to get it done.

1. Gilmer

2. Gladewater

3. Atlanta

4. Pittsburg

5. PG

6. SH

I agree with you to an extent. Carthage did exactly what it takes to beat Gilmer. Balance, with a good defense. To beat Gilmer, you will have to be balanced on offense. Just being able to run the ball won't do it. Gladewater has a great running game, and a stingy defense, but they haven't played a game against anyone that has a strong offense like Gilmer. I don't count Carthage since that game wasn't completed, but Carthage was ahead. You will have to be able to pass, and not really anyone in that district can pass except for Gilmer. I will say Gladewater stands the best chance, but the game is in Gilmer, so no beating them there. Possibly in the playoffs at a neutral site if they were going to get it done.

1. Gilmer

2. Gladewater

3. Atlanta

4. Pittsburg

5. PG

6. SH

LE couldn't throw it, than ran the ball up and down the field...

• Like 1

Here's a comparison of offensive statistics of L-E vs both Carthage and Atlanta. I really think Atlanta's defense has the potential of being great.

Liberty-Eylau offensive stats vs Carthage;
17/29 - 171 yds
32 carries - 174 yds

Total yards - 345

Liberty-Eylau offensive stats vs Atlanta;
11/28 - 154 yds - 1 Int

37 carries - 186 yds

Total yards - 340

That being said, they've been pretty balanced on offense so far. If they can be more consistent, this district could be interesting :)

Here's a comparison of offensive statistics of L-E vs both Carthage and Atlanta. I really think Atlanta's defense has the potential of being great.

17/29 - 171 yds

32 carries - 174 yds

Total yards - 345

11/28 - 154 yds - 1 Int

37 carries - 186 yds

Total yards - 340

That being said, they've been pretty balanced on offense so far. If they can be more consistent, this district could be interesting :)

Carthage held LE to 2 1st downs and 46 yards in the 1st half. LE got it going in the 2nd half and finished with 301 yards total offense. 137 rushing and 164 passing.

Carthage held LE to 2 1st downs and 46 yards in the 1st half. LE got it going in the 2nd half and finished with 301 yards total offense. 137 rushing and 164 passing.

Carthage was wore down by the fourth quarter. First full game of the year. Ever since that game they have been well conditioned an you can tell

17/29 - 171 yds

32 carries - 174 yds

Total yards - 345

11/28 - 154 yds - 1 Int

37 carries - 186 yds

Total yards - 340

Sounds like ATL has really improved since the Henderson game.