WOS vs Kennedale in Nacogdoches this friday

chukslegacy

Why in the world would they choose Roaches over Abe?!...doesn't make sense..

Because the stadium is plenty big enough to hold the fans, and is much cheaper than Lumberjack. I also don't think SFA will rent out their stadium during the regular season anymore. Kennedale doesn't bring much of a crowd at all usually.

West Orange-Stark will win this game handily. It likely won't be as easy as the previous games, I don't think, but a win nonetheless.

Kennedale's been disappointing primarily due to injuries and not being able to settle on a QB...the kid at RB Kirven sprained the arch of his foot in the first game of the year, didn't play in the Alvarado game, he's come back but he really hasn't looked himself...Kennedale's best DB I believe broke a bone in his foot also....he'll be back but he's a key component of the secondary...they've rotated QB's I think the soph may eventually win the job but rotating QBs and its tough to get a rhythm...I think WOS is just too strong for Kennedale but I do think the Wildcats score

• Like 1

This could be an interesting game, but I see WOS winning handily. The slot-t can be hard to stop when run to perfection, but Kennedale just hasn't been able to do that this season. I do believe they will score the first touchdown of the season on WOS though.

This could be an interesting game, but I see WOS winning handily. The slot-t can be hard to stop when run to perfection, but Kennedale just hasn't been able to do that this season. I do believe they will score the first touchdown of the season on WOS though.

5A Vidor runs the Slot T very well (4-1 and 3-0 in Dist). In the last preseason scrimmage, they scored once on WOS. But week before last, WOS played Bridge City, who runs the Slot T as well as anyone, and WOS shut them out. Their defense is just so solid, it's hard to believe. As is their offense. Only possible weakness could be the band, but I'm just grasping at straws. I'll sure be surprised if Kennedale scores, especially if they're hampered by injuries.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Just telling you what little I know.

Because the stadium is plenty big enough to hold the fans, and is much cheaper than Lumberjack. I also don't think SFA will rent out their stadium during the regular season anymore. Kennedale doesn't bring much of a crowd at all usually.

West Orange-Stark will win this game handily. It likely won't be as easy as the previous games, I don't think, but a win nonetheless.

Abe is in Lufkin...not SFA

5A Vidor runs the Slot T very well (4-1 and 3-0 in Dist). In the last preseason scrimmage, they scored once on WOS. But week before last, WOS played Bridge City, who runs the Slot T as well as anyone, and WOS shut them out. Their defense is just so solid, it's hard to believe. As is their offense. Only possible weakness could be the band, but I'm just grasping at straws. I'll sure be surprised if Kennedale scores, especially if they're hampered by injuries.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Just telling you what little I know.

Actually Vidor scored the most points versus WOS in the scrimmages. I believe png scored twice, so I assume Vidor did 3 times?? Water under the bridge now though, just scrimmages.

Abe is in Lufkin...not SFA

Oops! I was thinking you, or somebody, mentioned SFA. Don't know where that came from. Of course Abe is in Lufkin. Played there a few times.

It's likely because of what Matt said. It's a two year deal between the schools, and Nac's stadium was open that week both years.

Oops! I was thinking you, or somebody, mentioned SFA. Don't know where that came from. Of course Abe is in Lufkin. Played there a few times.

It's likely because of what Matt said. It's a two year deal between the schools, and Nac's stadium was open that week both years.

Gotcha. I can understand now.

Actually Vidor scored the most points versus WOS in the scrimmages. I believe png scored twice, so I assume Vidor did 3 times?? Water under the bridge now though, just scrimmages.

Vidor did score three times. They all agree on that. What they don't agree on, is how many when it was first string or second string. The WOS folks are adamant it was only once on first string. Vidor supporters are crazy (and IR1) so I went with one. Still, that's a good 5A (this year) against 4-D2, so they got some D.

My thoughts exactly. Wish this game would have happened any of the previous yrs for Kennedale. Kennedale is one of those schools that

doesnt get much attention IMO but are really pretty good in all sports and glad to see them venture to far east tx the last couple yrs to play football.

My thoughts exactly. Wish this game would have happened any of the previous yrs for Kennedale. Kennedale is one of those schools that

doesnt get much attention IMO but are really pretty good in all sports and glad to see them venture to far east tx the last couple yrs to play football.

South East Texas not the real East Texas

Yes...Kennedale is a wing-T team....lots of misdirection stuff....."back in the day"....when Barrett(HC of Kennedale)had the studs....they played some REAL good teams and yes did play Argyle up to the last...AND had chances to win Both years....BUT...if WOS defense is as good as you say it is...and if WOS fans are "barking" THIS loud about their defense...Barrett may be tapping a hornet's nest and get stung pretty bad....tall order for Kennedale right before district.....