Center @ Palestine

Crawford

Riders vs Wildcats  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

Another evenly match up for the Riders.

Pigskins has Palestine pick by 3

Palestine Wildcats 2016 Record: (3-2)(0-1)

2016 SCHEDULE Date Opponent Pick Score

8/26 at Mabank 3 (W 21-7)

9/2 at Jacksonville -15 (W 49-40)

9/9 vs Fairfield -14 (W 27-10)

9/16 vs Van -24 (L 21-38)

9/23 at Kilgore -11 (L 20-33)

9/30 vs Center 3 (0-0)

2016 STATS Current Rating: 144.41
2016 PF (138) PA (128)
Off. Avg: (28) Def. Avg: (26)

MOV: (2) SOS: (26-22)

Center Roughriders 2016 Record: (3-2)(1-0)

2016 SCHEDULE Date Opponent Pick Score

8/26 vs Rusk 34 (W 27-21)

9/2 at Gilmer -28 (L 21-70)

9/9 at Gladewater -16 (L 15-56)

9/16 vs Diboll 11 (W 34-21)

9/23 vs Bullard 5 (W 30-16)

9/30 at Palestine -3 (0-0)

2016 STATS Current Rating: 144.83
2016 PF (127) PA (184)
Off. Avg: (25) Def. Avg: (37)

MOV: (-11) SOS: (27-20)

Simply put, we lost a lot to graduation. There were lots of holes to fill and many are filled with sophomores and juniors. But, in a year or two, look out.

Yep, nothing more, nothing less. All teams go through a rebuilding phase, it just hits some harder then others. But even in this season, don't count Center out.

• Like 1

It appears they might be talkin' a little trash. Sorry about that. We have not earned the right to talk trash yet. It is going to be a good game. We understand losing a lot through graduation. I have seen it here more than once the past few years. For folks that do not know Center has some very good WR's and a QB that can get them the ball. They will challenge our defense, but I feel we can #RiseUp and get this game if we can eliminate mistakes and play a solid 2nd half. Nothing wrong with a little trash talk in a rivalry game or even each week but you have to earn that right. We have not won a district game yet, so I think we need to wait until we have a few of those under our belt. Love the enthusiasm though.

Your loss is a major Gain for Palestine. Palestine will send the Center home with a loss tonight. Believe this game is for the 4th playoff spot and Palestine will take it for sure. Change my prediction to Palestine by two touchdowns

If all Palestine is playing for is a 4th place spot, then at best, that's all they'll get. But Center on the other hand, will set their goal much higher. They may not get there and it could very well come down to the 4th place spot, but this is just the second district game with four more to go afterwards. But they won't play each district game hoping to just get in the playoffs and be satisfied with that.

• Like 2

I am a realist. Lost to Kilgore already and it would be a miracle if we could beat Henderson or Carthage. Center is the game to get into the playoffs. Pretty plain and simple. Bullard and CH just aren't that good this year. If you think Center can win district then more power to you but it WILL NOT happen.

As am I. I realize the odds are greatly against us to win district, but my point was that you don't play the game with the mind set that that's the best you will do is to just make the playoffs.