Aledo- United They Stand

TheTrueKing

That team is awesome. Only word for it.

Heard something today that I'll share with y'all on the National Anthem controversy. Last Friday when Port Neches played Livingston, both teams came on the field following a teammate running with the American flag. Meant a lot to this old man.

• Like 1

watch all 7 episodes... the only thing that i didnt like is that they did not portray the impact that the death of Trenton had on this small community and the school. In the episode you can see them painting his basketball jersey on the shed near downtown. That little scene didnt show that hundreds of kids were out there, not just a few doing that. That shed is generally traded out weekly for birthdays, but I am pretty sure that his name and jersey will stay on that shed for the rest of the year so everyone can remember him. Every sign in town remembered him. From what I understood, pretty much every church in Aledo prayed for his family and the school and students. It was a tragic situation and those kids played for him.

You hear a lot of "We are family" in football teams, but seriously... this entire town is a family. They embrace the school and all of its programs like all of them are state championship football teams...

Finally, this year may be a state championship run for Aledo this year. The QB has improved heads and tails above last year with his accuracy, the WR #3 is no joke, the "Harris brothers" are 2 great athletes (I know one is a TCU commit). Just watch out for Aledo if you guys have them on your path in 5A... This is a different team and a different offense than last season although they have the same players for the most part.