Mr. P

Sandies at Mustangs  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

Overton and Grapeland have one common opponent in non-district, Colmesneil - Overton won 54-18 and Grapeland won 66-13...Overton offensively is scoring 38.0 ppg while surrendering 23.5 ppg...Grapeland PF 39.2 vs PA 31.4, so they should be evenly matched.

Grapeland two losses were to good teams. 2ADI Groveton (4-1) 64-42 and 3ADII Buffalo (4-2) 51-12. Overton's lone loss was to 2ADI Carlisle 49-27, but Overton was only 8 down with 2:45 to play.

Overton must stop the Sandie passing attack and get pressure on their QB. They utilize a lot of screens and short passes to move the chains. Offensively, the Mustangs must pick up the Grapeland blitzes/stunts, eliminate all turnovers, and win time of possession.

Both teams are quick.

This game will go a long way in determining playoff seeding. Going with Overton in a close one.

• Like 1

What does Grapeland look like running the ball? I've heard from several folks that they can throw it, but how are they between the tackles? That's gonna be the difference, I'd wager.

Grapeland looks like alot of other teams when they runs the ball. The main runningback for instance runs with a slight forward croutch. He holds the ball close to his body with the back tip of the football tucked into the inside fold of his elbow. His forearm protects the middle side portion of the football. He is not above covering the ball with both arms if he feels there is danger of someone trying to strip it away. Tru-up

• Like 1

Grapeland looks like alot of other teams when they runs the ball. The main runningback for instance runs with a slight forward croutch. He holds the ball close to his body with the back tip of the football tucked into the inside fold of his elbow. His forearm protects the middle side portion of the football. He is not above covering the ball with both arms if he feels there is danger of someone trying to strip it away. Tru-up

Funny... John Madden told me the same thing. :P

• Like 1

Maud played one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen a Maud team play not taking any thing away from Grapeland for sure, they are good and took advantage of the miscues. Luck never went and jumped on a guy sittin' in the shade- DKR

I see money here Doomer. I'm thinking you could write a book, "Football for Dummies". I'll be your agent. :)

• Like 1

Maud played one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen a Maud team play not taking any thing away from Grapeland for sure, they are good and took advantage of the miscues. Luck never went and jumped on a guy sittin' in the shade- DKR

Watching film of game Maud played a much better 2nd half...

Grapeland ran the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down mostly every drive the 2nd half. That is not how Grapeland runs there offense. If you watched the first half then you should know that.

Coach does not like to run the score up. I went back and looked 18 runs 6 passes I believe. First half was way different. A lot more passes then runs.

I was at the game and Maud did play better in the second half regardless of play selection by Grapeland. They certainly werent subbing or taking their foot off the gas on either side of the ball. No on is taking anything away from Grapeland they are a good team.