Mr. P

Sandies at Mustangs  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

Overton and Grapeland have one common opponent in non-district, Colmesneil - Overton won 54-18 and Grapeland won 66-13...Overton offensively is scoring 38.0 ppg while surrendering 23.5 ppg...Grapeland PF 39.2 vs PA 31.4, so they should be evenly matched.

Grapeland two losses were to good teams. 2ADI Groveton (4-1) 64-42 and 3ADII Buffalo (4-2) 51-12. Overton's lone loss was to 2ADI Carlisle 49-27, but Overton was only 8 down with 2:45 to play.

Overton must stop the Sandie passing attack and get pressure on their QB. They utilize a lot of screens and short passes to move the chains. Offensively, the Mustangs must pick up the Grapeland blitzes/stunts, eliminate all turnovers, and win time of possession.

Both teams are quick.

This game will go a long way in determining playoff seeding. Going with Overton in a close one.

Grapeland going to score a lot of points quick. Just like they did against Maud. Looking at flim Overton reminds of Maud. If our defense steps up again this will not be close.

Overton toughest opponent was Carlisle. Carlisle is 5-0, but has not played anyone tough yet. They are not the Carlisle from last year. They lost there studs.

Grapeland going to score a lot of points quick. Just like they did against Maud. Looking at flim Overton reminds of Maud. If our defense steps up again this will not be close.

Overton toughest opponent was Carlisle. Carlisle is 5-0, but has not played anyone tough yet. They are not the Carlisle from last year. They lost there studs.

Graplands wins came against teams with a combined 4-13 record. So...

• Like 1

Do you really want to compare. Your wins are against teams 1-14. That one win came against Detroit and there record is 1-5 with there only win coming against Como-Pickton that is 0-5 and every team that beat them was horrible also.

Overton beat Bowie 12-0. Maud handle Bowie 33-6.

Carlisle is 5-0. The teams records they beat 8-16. Played Overton close. Also played Cayuga and Alba close, and they are not very good.

Kountze 3A division 1. I believe they would give yall a good game and beat yall. Almost 3 sizes bigger then us in school sizes.

Maud in my opinion would beat yall. But it would be a close game..

We also got Battle tested vs Groveton, and Buffalo... Turned the ball over 6 times vs Buffalo and was feeling the loss of a few players. Can't do that against good teams.

So why are you trying to compare again?

One more thing. I know last year was last year. But we did scrimmage yall, and yall couldn't handle are passing up tempo, and speed. I think we scored like 4 td to 0. I think we scrimmage yall for 4 years and they all had the same results. Not very good. But hey this is a new year, and that was just scrimmages.

Underdog? I don't know about that. Fox Sports Southwest poll has you leading by 10 points. Palestine, Crockett, and Lufkin newspapers favor Grapeland as well. Besides, it's the first week of district. Everybody's got to prove themselves. Nobody is favored to win any game... except for Tenaha. We're about halfway through the regular season now, and the real difference maker is gonna be which team has lost fewer starters to injuries and grades.

Grapeland will win if they stop the run. Period. Load the box, make Overton throw it downfield, and you've got them beat. Key on #3 and #25, but don't let the QB run the ball or #7 will make you pay. On offense just play keepaway. Stay out of 3rd-and-long situations. Crossing routes and bubble screens. Get out to a big lead quick, Overton's offense isn't designed to score quickly. If you can force them to play catch-up, you've got them on the ropes.

Overton will win if they wrap up and play assignment football. The film I've seen shows a number of big plays that should've just been short gains. Too many blown coverages. If they can avoid that, they can slow Grapeland down. Offense has to score almost every time they have the ball. A couple three-and-outs may be all Grapeland needs to run away with this one. Turnover ratio must be at least "0" if not +1. Control the ball, control the clock. Kill the body, the head will die.

Think your scrimmage results are a little skewed...but hey you seem bent on painting the picture Grapeland maroon so get after it, fortunately they will actually play ball on Friday night bout 7:30 in a steel cage surrounded with barb wire at the top, 2 will go in 1 will come out and the team that does will be.....1-0 in district! Yall have a safe trip

• Like 1

Think your scrimmage results are a little skewed...but hey you seem bent on painting the picture Grapeland maroon so get after it, fortunately they will actually play ball on Friday night bout 7:30 in a steel cage surrounded with barb wire at the top, 2 will go in 1 will come out and the team that does will be.....1-0 in district! Yall have a safe trip

Game time for all games in this district is 7 PM, not 7:30.

• Like 1

Underdog? I don't know about that. Fox Sports Southwest poll has you leading by 10 points. Palestine, Crockett, and Lufkin newspapers favor Grapeland as well. Besides, it's the first week of district. Everybody's got to prove themselves. Nobody is favored to win any game... except for Tenaha. We're about halfway through the regular season now, and the real difference maker is gonna be which team has lost fewer starters to injuries and grades.

Grapeland will win if they stop the run. Period. Load the box, make Overton throw it downfield, and you've got them beat. Key on #3 and #25, but don't let the QB run the ball or #7 will make you pay. On offense just play keepaway. Stay out of 3rd-and-long situations. Crossing routes and bubble screens. Get out to a big lead quick, Overton's offense isn't designed to score quickly. If you can force them to play catch-up, you've got them on the ropes.
Overton will win if they wrap up and play assignment football. The film I've seen shows a number of big plays that should've just been short gains. Too many blown coverages. If they can avoid that, they can slow Grapeland down. Offense has to score almost every time they have the ball. A couple three-and-outs may be all Grapeland needs to run away with this one. Turnover ratio must be at least "0" if not +1. Control the ball, control the clock. Kill the body, the head will die.

I see team speed as pretty even here...should be a close one.

I didn't like any of this.

And as far as all dist games starting at 7...man it will take us at least a half hour to get the lights on...hahaha

They were turning them on Monday to warm up in time...let's see, first game lights go out and game is cancelled...second game scoreboard shorted out...hopefully this third game everything works.

Contain contain contain....tackle tackle tackle. If Overton can do those two things, they can win. Contain! Tackle!

That's pretty hard to do with 7 and 11. I might be biased but I have not seen kid on any team in our district like 7, and you can add 11 also.

http://www.palestineherald.com/sports/grapeland-s-chipman-chips-in-everywhere-in-win-over-maud/article_3fd1c20e-89cf-11e6-b2be-e3285b4609ab.html

That's pretty hard to do with 7 and 11. I might be biased but I have not seen kid on any team in our district like 7, and you can add 11 also.

http://www.palestineherald.com/sports/grapeland-s-chipman-chips-in-everywhere-in-win-over-maud/article_3fd1c20e-89cf-11e6-b2be-e3285b4609ab.html

Funny that you bring up #7, because I did some research on him this morning. Found some interesting facts.
Turns out he can start a fire by rubbing two ice cubes together, and has counted to infinity - twice. I also heard he won the 2013 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades, and a 1989 Don Mattingly baseball card.
Someone better cover that guy.
  • Like 1