⚾ The OFFICIAL Astros 2016/2017 Offseason Thread ⚾

RETIREDFAN1

• 2 weeks later...

Offseason Update:

11/3/16 LF Colby Rasmus elected free agency. (Good riddance)

11/3/16 3B Luis Valbuena elected free agency. (Mixed feelings)

11/3/16 C Jason Castro elected free agency. (Good riddance)

11/3/16 RHP Doug Fister elected free agency. (Hope we can get him back)

11/3/16 Houston Astros claimed Norichika Aoki off waivers from Seattle Mariners.

11/4/16 Houston Astros traded RHP Pat Neshek to Philadelphia Phillies for Player To Be Named Later.

11/5/16 Houston Astros selected the contract of Reymin Guduan from Fresno Grizzlies.

11/16/16 Houston Astros signed free agent RHP Charlie Morton.

Stros sign Josh Reddick. 4 years/$50+m deal.

Not a fan of this one. McCann is a better version than Castro, but I'm not really feeling the Reddick signing at first glance. We have enough .250 hitters on this team already. About the only plus is you are adding a left handed bat to the OF.

• Like 1

Not a fan of this one. McCann is a better version than Castro, but I'm not really feeling the Reddick signing at first glance. We have enough .250 hitters on this team already. About the only plus is you are adding a left handed bat to the OF.

That's what I'm thinking THS. Two lefties with pop but aren't exactly known as high average or obp guys. One report I've seen has Gattis playing up to 50-60 games at catcher. Now do the Astros pick up Carlos Beltran?

I still think the Singleton contract was smart for both sides. It wasn't cost-crippling and ended up being good for the player. If he had exploded onto the scene the Astros would have a major piece locked up. Certainly worth the gamble with the facts known at that time.

Lot of internal buzz that Astros are hot after Encarnacion with backup plans of Napoli & Beltran. IF true then they are truly serious about forking over the $ and going for it. I like the fact that they seem to be holding their highly prized prospects and not going for the trap of going for a big arm. I'll be content with any of the three. But EE would be like hitting the mother lode if he can stay healthy & eat up a large number of games at 1st. I just can't really see him coming to Houston though

Sale has the contract and youth to make it worth it, if you wanna overspend like Chicago would want you to. Archer is in the same age range with a team friendly deal. 3 years, $4.9m-$7.6m and 2 option years at $8.25m. Tampa is willing to deal. I'd like to see him in Arlington.

Sale has the contract and youth to make it worth it, if you wanna overspend like Chicago would want you to. Archer is in the same age range with a team friendly deal. 3 years, $4.9m-$7.6m and 2 option years at $8.25m. Tampa is willing to deal. I'd like to see him in Arlington.

Bregman + Correa + Altuve = Best infield in baseball. Deal Springer if you must, but Bregman is a cornerstone of that young and talented infield...

Bregman + Correa + Altuve = Best infield in baseball. Deal Springer if you must, but Bregman is a cornerstone of that young and talented infield...

I think Archer can be had without Bregman being moved. Springer/ Mazara and a prospect or two, three could get you a front line starter.

I think Archer can be had without Bregman being moved. Springer/ Mazara and a prospect or two, three could get you a front line starter.

That's why I'm hoping for Archer over Sale. Not up for selling the entire franchise for a two/three year window. Archer comes with a hefty tag, but a more manageable one for the teams future...
  • Like 1