Mount Enterprise 1-4 at Overton 4-1

Mr. P

Wildcats at Mustangs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

An old Rusk County rivalry. Overton leads the series all-time 17-10, and the Mustangs are currently on a two-game win streak over the Wildcats, but these games are always competitve regardless of win-loss records. In recent history this matchup has proven to be a perennial shootout. Just check out the last five results:

2015 Overton: 39, Mount Enterprise: 36
2014 Overton: 62, Mount Enterprise: 34
2011 Mount Enterprise: 44, Overton: 18
2010 Mount Enterprise: 25, Overton: 22
2007 Mount Enterprise: 46, Overton: 31
2006 Overton: 27, Mount Enterprise: 23
Both teams come into this game with opposite momentum. Mount Enterprise has a young team, but they can move the ball. The offense is centered around a talented signal-caller and some speedy backs/wideouts. Overton's got their best record in more than a decade, there's a lot of excitement, but they've been inconsistent. When they're rolling, they're very impressive. The defense is coming along too. They just need to play a complete game, and not take Mount lightly.
Mustangs by two scores.

Two common opponents here Carlisle and Colmesneil...ME lost to Carlisle 6-45 and beat Colmesneil 34-16...ME PF 82 (PPG 13.7) PA 256 (PPG 42.7) in 6 games...ME has played some very good teams in addition to Carlisle, they have gone up against Union Grove (4-1) and Big Sandy (5-1) in non-district play. Their QB appears to be a very good athlete...runs the ball well and decent passer. Overton in the past has been vulnerable to a QB who can run out of the spread.

Overton lone loss was to Carlisle 27-49 and beat Colmesneil 54-18...Overton PF 192 (PPG 38.4) and PA 120 (PPG 24.0) in 5 games. Overton has a lot of offensive weapons...QB runs and passes well...three RB's that can bust long runs...three WR's who have speed and block well downfield...offensive line that has steadily improved each week. Defensively they are doing well...DB's did get stung on wheel routes twice against Grapeland, but overall have been great...picks, knock downs.

Overton will take this one, but they better not be complacent...ME is feisty when playing their cross county rival.

• Like 1

Yall talkin this un up huh?. Well, alright I guess.

Heck yeah, I haven't waited through decades of Overton sucking just to get bored now. I'm gonna get the most out of every week. Life's too short.

• Like 1

Okay, so it seems pretty much unanimous that Overton's gonna win (which makes me nervous), so the real prediction would be how much is Mount gonna score... what do y'all think? We talking about a Big XII kinda shootout here, or does Overton score a couple times then sit on the ball?

I'm thinking Mount gets a couple of big plays early on, then scores a couple times late against the backups. Something like 42-30. What about y'all?

I hate to predict scores but I was within 4 pts both ways last week (true story ask Mustangmania) as long as we continue to stay aggressive the Natch sees this one at 54-22....Stangs. But don't sleep on the cats they play with a lot of heart from what I've seen and could pose some problems if we don't take care of business.

As many as yall want- to about 20.

But if yall can hold em to less than 20 then that would be a good one.

hahaha.... your just a very smart fellow aint ya....... living your old glory days through a internet thread.... knowing good and well that you never stepped on a football field.... but you got everybody figured out... funny thing is you bash tenaha coaches when things arent going your way then slob all over them when tenaha is winning.... guess what the coaches in tenaha nor anyone else could care less what you think or what your prediction is of a football game. THE END