The Official 2016/2017 Rangers Offseason

Stoney

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2668559-complete-offseason-guide-predictions-for-the-texas-rangers/page/5

Today's notes-

JD announced that Rangers would pick up Lucroy's 2017 option. He also stated in the press conference that the three positions of interest this offseason would be "starting pitching, first base and center field."

I'm leaning to a trade for a front line starter. Chris Sale, Gerritt Cole, Chris Archer. Rangers re-sign Moreland or Gallo is the new first baseman. I've seen a 5yr/$64m deal possible for Desmond. More likely? Carlos Gomez is your 2017 starting center fielder.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2668559-complete-offseason-guide-predictions-for-the-texas-rangers/page/5

Today's notes-

JD announced that Rangers would pick up Lucroy's 2017 option. He also stated in the press conference that the three positions of interest this offseason would be "starting pitching, first base and center field."

I'm leaning to a trade for a front line starter. Chris Sale, Gerritt Cole, Chris Archer. Rangers re-sign Moreland or Gallo is the new first baseman. I've seen a 5yr/$64m deal possible for Desmond. More likely? Carlos Gomez is your 2017 starting center fielder.

You have to keep Moreland if you are trading for a SP because Gallo would have to be included to get a big name like those you mentioned. For CF, I would low ball Desmond as he fell off the second half of the year, and I really do think that Gomez would thrive in a full season with the environment the Rangers have in their club house. Gomez seems to thrive on that kind of thing.

It really is a tricky situation with the starting pitching because there is not much out there on the market, unless you want to over pay for Strassburg

• Like 1

I think you'll see Gomez in centerfield next year. Desmond had a great first half. That second half was brutal on him. Gomez got run out of Houston for being a knucklehead. Beltre and Beltran helped turn him around in Arlington. He'll come cheaper than Desmond. That's why I'm leaning Gomez stays and Desmond signs that big deal elsewhere.

First base depends all on the hunt for a starter. Gallo and Profar have to be included in any deal involving the level pitcher I want. Gallo leaving would by default mean you have to sign Moreland to a extension. Unless you wanna pay to bring in Edwin Encarnacion, Kendry Morales or a Mark Trumbo/Mike Napoli. Trade Gallo and Profar. Get Chris Sale.Get Gerritt Cole. Get Chris Archer. Get one of those guys and bring back Moreland to play a good defensive first base and streaky left handed power.

• 3 weeks later...

Evan Grant has the Rangers having Gallo start in AAA in 2017. If that's the case, that makes the argument to trade him easier. If Moreland is being re-signed to be your 1B. If your planning on bringing back the 4 man OF and in turn taking care of DH. Beltre is still holding down Third. Package him and/or Profar for that front line starter. Chris Sale. Chris Archer. Gerritt Cole. Have a three headed monster this year. A possible replacement for Darvish next year if you can't re-sign him this year.

I wouldn't want Cashner. He's a decent pitcher, but he always falters in the 4th-5th inning. He will tear your bullpen up

The splits from 13-14 to 15-16 are brutal. If he's the fifth starter I'm okay with it. It's basically a flip for Derek. Now if he's 4 that's a problem. I still say if Gallo is in AAA this year instead of bringing in another front line starter that's a waste.

I see the Rangers getting in the bullpen market.

• 2 weeks later...