David Ortiz- Hall of Famer?

Stoney

David Ortiz Is A Hall of Famer?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does he belong among the greats?

• Yes, look at the numbers and the great moments he created.
    • No, he was a lovable PED using DH.
    • Maybe. Depends on a couple variables.

1. He was strictly a DH during his career. That argument has kept Edgar Martinez who was the premier DH of his era out of the Hall.

2. PEDs. He failed a test back in 2003. Before he was Big Papi. Before he was hitting homers and leading Red Sox to World Series championships. Does that earn him a pass while others are left out?

Lot on your knife ...

Someone's been hanging around Lion or been sneaking Doomy's squeezins. Lol I'm kinda surprised at the turnout of the vote. I figured there would be massive amounts of hate for bashing Ortiz. Huh.

Someone's been hanging around Lion or been sneaking Doomy's squeezins. Lol I'm kinda surprised at the turnout of the vote. I figured there would be massive amounts of hate for bashing Ortiz. Huh.

I think you have to be a Twins or Red Sox fan to really admire Ortiz. I would have liked to see this every game when he played the Yankees :

. The only two players that I was a huge fan of that didn't play for the Yankees was Reggie Jackson with Oakland and California, and Albert Pujols. I think Pujols should retire, and I think he'll be in the HOF 1st ballot. While there was speculation that he used steroids there isn't any definitive proof.

Since I am TOTALLY AGAINST the DH ... there is no way I could support him for the HOF ...

• Like 1

I despise both the concept of the DH and the concept of the 3-out save ... BUT, my personal opinions on recognized MLB positions should not ('not saying it isn't difficult) sway this.

If Mario Rivera belongs in the HOF, so does Ortiz...

I'm more than okay with Mo being in the Hall. Used one of the most dominant pitches ever over his career to set a MLB all time record. Ortiz? No. No way is he in my Hall of Fame. Just like Kurt Warner in the NFL isn't getting into Canton.

...but Ortiz is one of the greatest DHs in the History of the game- FACING THE BEST PITCHERS IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE ... setting aside my low opinion of the DH, does that not mean ANYTHING ???

I can't believe I am defending a friggin' DH :ermm:

Edgar Martinez. He was a great pure hitter. Couldn't play the field to save his life. He can't get a sniff of the Hall of Fame. Ortiz could be a first ballot Hall of Famer. The only difference I see is the lovable, East Coast bias of Big Papi. But ain't it fun debating the qualifications? lol

...but Ortiz is one of the greatest DHs in the History of the game- FACING THE BEST PITCHERS IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE ... setting aside my low opinion of the DH, does that not mean ANYTHING ???

I can't believe I am defending a friggin' DH :ermm:

:(

I despise both the concept of the DH and the concept of the 3-out save ... BUT, my personal opinions on recognized MLB positions should not ('not saying it isn't difficult) sway this.

If Mario Rivera belongs in the HOF, so does Ortiz...

Rivera never used steroids. I have no problem with either DH's or Relief Pitchers making it to the HOF if their stats are solid enough.

Pay Doomer some respect them corn squeezin's give him the inside edge on picking high school games. I've heard he's a near genius at that.

• Like 1