The SDC All Time Baseball Hall of Fame

Stoney

Gonna see how this works out. I'll list the original Hall of Famers by position. I'll allow each of us to replace that player with a player that they believe is a truly better player than that Hall of Famer. What will the SDC all time Hall of Fame look like? If you aren't the greatest player at your position than your not in our Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

C- Buck Ewing

1B- Cap Anson

2B- Nap Lajoie

3B- Jimmy Collins

SS- Honus Wagner

LF- Fred Clarke

CF- Ty Cobb

RF- Babe Ruth

P- Christy Mathewson

P- Walter Johnson

These are all the first men elected into the Hall at their respective position. Replace only one player at one position until we have our final 10 All Time Hall of Fame Team.

C- Johnny Bench

1B- Lou Gehrig

2B- Rogers Hornsby

3B- Brooks Robinson

SS- Honus Wagner

LF- Ted Williams

CF- Willie Mays

RF- Babe Ruth

P- Sandy Koufax

P- Walter Johnson

^ that's it ... That's my own personal subjective all-time All-Star team ... you guys knock your socks off trying to convince me that Nolan Ryan is the greatest :ermm: pitcher ever ... :P

^ that's it ... That's my own personal subjective all-time All-Star team ... you guys knock your socks off trying to convince me that Nolan Ryan is the greatest :ermm: pitcher ever ... :P

I can live with that selection, and I agree on Nolan. He was a great pitcher, but not the Greatest. Many simply don't know how good Koufax and Johnson were. Koufax ended his career short, because of an arthritic condition at the age of 31, and coming off one of his best seasons ever with a 27-9 record, 1.73 era, and 317 strikeouts.