Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

Yeah..

I realize that you never played sports or know anything about football period..

But there are such things as quality wins and unquality wins. We're 4-0 in district play with less trails than yall, who are 3-1. You also loss to a team that we beat...so how the hell is our 6-1 records the same....because they appear the same on paper?

You have no clue.

I never said JT was better than LV. Heck, I said all yr LV could beat JT. Im just saying, what does trailing in a game have to do with anything as long as you win. Your talking about JT trailing against NM when they beat them 42-14. At the end of the day, who cares if JT trailed in the game.

Your team is in first place. That speaks louder than anything.Thats the only stat that matters. Bringing up ridiculous stats like "trails in a game" is pointless.

by the way, you think I never played football....lol....OK. If that makes you feel better

And here you go with that "Nawfsida" talk. JT fans know what you trying to say when you use that.

I'm not trying to say anything but nawfsida. A well earned name because talking football is entirely different when talking to southsiders. Lee folks have never been so clueless or misinformed.

Twist and spin it any kind of way that you want....I'm not changing up something I've been doing for years because your so easily offended. lol boo friggin hoo.

"Fool"....lol.... tough talk behind your computer.

anyway, you did take a shot at their D because you said their D isn't interested in stoping a nosebleed.

Well....it's true. I can't jump on anyone for saying this efense is bad. Not even Nac fans. And everyone on here should know by now how I feel about Nac. Lufkin efense is bad. I don't care what happened in the first few weeks of the season, things are worse now. No point in going back and forth about it, when it's true.

Lufkin clearly isn't playing half the D that they were playing earlier in the year.

You don't have to be a fan of a team to comment on them, especially if its true and accurate. You probably do this every single day, hypocrite.

but despite how bad their defense is or was, Lufkin proved that they are better than LV. So if their D ####, then what does that say about your team.

I was thinking the same thing. Lobo07 and I disagree all the time, but it ain't personal with him. This dude, its clearly personal. I have never seen someone make so many excuses. But when the same excuses can be applied to another team they beat, it doesn't count.

I know that's why I asked the question. I don't like Longview but I will give them their due.

Nope, I gotta take a Friday off. If you've seen what I've seen for the last two games, you would do the same. Kidding aside though, I want to go. Just don't see the point.

I invited you to come to rose east. I clearly said since you won't be watching your beloved Panthers. Come see the dq game of the week. Lobos by 24.

Bringing up ridiculous stats like "trails in a game" is pointless.

Not whenever you truly understand the difference between quality and unquality wins....but okay.

There's a reason why you all were so mad after BEATING Mesquite and North Mesquite. If a win is truly a win...why were all of yall whining and moaning on this message board after beating those two teams?

Then when yall smoked Heath...everyone was happy and had no complaints. Guess that had nothing to do with 48-0. lol

I'm not trying to say anything but nawfsida. A well earned name because talking football is entirely different when talking to southsiders. Lee folks have never been so clueless or misinformed.

Twist and spin it any kind of way that you want....I'm not changing up something I've been doing for years because your so easily offended. lol boo friggin hoo.

dude your clearly trying to imply something, because you have no idea what side of town I grew up on to make that type of reference. Its cool, I hope it makes you feel better, but you can't win at life being a fake tough talker. Someone will call your bluff.

Well....it's true. I can't jump on anyone for saying this efense is bad. Not even Nac fans. And everyone on here should know by now how I feel about Nac. Lufkin efense is bad. I don't care what happened in the first few weeks of the season, things are worse now. No point in going back and forth about it, when it's true.

who says its worse, maybe the teams you have played are better. Ever thought about that.

JT has the best defense in the district. They are only allowing 17 points a game. Heath had the 2nd best defense going into the game Friday against JT. Those are facts.

nope not facts. LV beat the team we gave up 59 to, and you know LV has played a better schedule, so it doesn't count. LV by default has the better D.

Lufkin proved that they are better than LV. So if their D ####, then what does that say about your team.

More evidence that you never played sports.

Teams are never the same in August compared to November. They either progress or regress.

I'll let Lufkin folks tell you whether they have progressed or regressed since then since I'm not allowed to comment on teams that I'm not a fan of. lol

who says its worse, maybe the teams you have played are better. Ever thought about that.

Don't think Wb offense is better than the offense at Longview, but I guess we'll see if they play. I've watched this Pack team in every gane(Watched the Parkway game on lptv). I think it's obvious that we're worse on that side though or at least these teams are taking advantage of our weaknesses. That was the lobos first game and I think first varsity start for their Qb. I didn't think Kordell and our receivers played well either in the first week, but I'm sure they would be much better if we played again. You can say the same about the lobo offense. Again, it was the first game. It's hard to compare that lobo offense to these teams. I do believe the Woodz are better. Probably Parkway too. It was week 8 for Wb, you can't really compare that to the Lobos in week 1 imo

More evidence that you never played sports.

Teams are never the same in August compared to November. They either progress or regress.

I'll let Lufkin folks tell you whether they have progressed or regressed since then since I'm not allowed to comment on teams that I'm not a fan of. lol

maybe, but how are you able to determine Luf progress against different competition. MAYBE the teams they have played since LV are better, which is why they have gave up more points. That is certainly possible. I know LV is probably better than all the teams JT has played so far, so it would be premature to judge JT until they played LV. But we both can accurately judge JT and LV because we will have several common opponents.

Don't think Wb offense is better than the offense at Longview, but I guess we'll see if they play. I've watched this Pack team in every gane(Watched the Parkway game on lptv). I think it's obvious that we're worse on that side though or at least these teams are taking advantage of our weaknesses. That was the lobos first game and I think first varsity start for their Qb. I didn't think Kordell and our receivers played well either in the first week, but I'm sure they would be much better if we played again. You can say the same about the lobo offense. Again, it was the first game. It's hard to compare that lobo offense to these teams. I do believe the Woodz are better. Probably Parkway too. It was week 8 for Wb, you can't really compare that to the Lobos in week 1 imo

I was at the Parkway game, they have one of top WR in the nation, and probably a 4 star QB along with a couple of Div.1 guys in the backfield LV ain't got that

• Like 1

I do believe the Woodz are better.

We're no where near The Woodlands. We simply don't play the defense that they do....whomever gets 2 seed in D1 out of this district will get killed by them.

Parkway, Idk about that. They were beaten by Evangel and I know we'd beat them in a football game.

• Like 1

but despite how bad their defense is or was, Lufkin proved that they are better than LV. So if their D ####, then what does that say about your team.

It says in week 0 our passing game was also a zero. Without a passing game, they were able to load the box to stop the run. it says zero about where teams are now.

Prove me if I'm wrong. You can't refute that.

I won't have to say anything. We ain't gave up 58 this year. lol

You contradict yourself a bit. Picking us to win by 24....yet your defense is supposed to be 85 Bears.

If they're as good as you say, we won't get anything Friday.

It says in week 0 our passing game was also a zero. Without a passing game, they were able to load the box to stop the run. it says zero about where teams are now.

possibly true. But when you lose to a team, they have the bragging rights against you and you have no room to talk, unless you meet again and its a different outcome. thats just how it works.

I was at the Parkway game, they have one of top WR in the nation, and probably a 4 star QB along with a couple of Div.1 guys in the backfield LV ain't got that

lol

We ain't got the amount of players JT has with D1 offers either...

Wonder what the final score Friday will reflect though.

I won't have to say anything. We ain't gave up 58 this year. lol

You contradict yourself a bit. Picking us to win by 24....yet your defense is supposed to be 85 Bears.

If they're as good as you say, we won't get anything Friday.

Name another game where JT gave up more than 14. I'll wait. Like I said prove me wrong. Every team is guaranteed 10 games a season. JT has had one bad game out of seven. 6>1. In my opinion JT needed a game like that to wake them up. They weren't challenged before that game and has stop everybody after that game.

Lobos by 24 come Friday.