Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

I hope it's them "graduate refs" Pack fabricates about...

Well, it was announced right before our game in either 07 or 08 lol. I'm thinking 07. He said, let's welcome back our (whatever the year) graduate and then said his name, it was the referee for our game. I remember the majority of Lufkin fans laughing after we heard it announced. The only thing that was shocking for me, was the fact that y'all announced right before our game. Didn't even try to hide it 😂. So, you gotta blame the lobo announcer for snitching. If it was fabricated, the ref and stadium announcer is the blame. 007 is innocent!!

yea. He will be the starter next year. He throws a excellent ball. But he's throwing to freshman lol.

28-18 lobos start 4th

Word to the wise...bring yur coats tomorrow night. It's cold!

You know he'll be on varsity in a few weeks. We usually bring around 5 freshmen with us on the road every year.

I hope it's them "graduate refs" Pack fabricates about...

That guy WAS a graduate of Longview. But they claim he made a bad call on a 4th and 1, calling offsides on Lufkin when it was Longview who jumped... That's incorrect. He didn't make that call, and film review shows Lufkin WERE the ones to jump offisdes.

Turns out I'm gonna get to go tonight. Sideline and everything haha

• Like 1

That guy WAS a graduate of Longview. But they claim he made a bad call on a 4th and 1, calling offsides on Lufkin when it was Longview who jumped... That's incorrect. He didn't make that call, and film review shows Lufkin WERE the ones to jump offisdes.

Turns out I'm gonna get to go tonight. Sideline and everything haha

Was it the 07 or the 08 game? I can never remember.

Surely tickets will be available. There are another 10,000 or so standing room only seats on the hill. I can't imagine it selling more than that.

i have season tickets for me and a friend they may bring their kid so hopefully be able to get them a ticket in same section..

Was it the 07 or the 08 game? I can never remember.

It was 2007. We were trying to run the clock out, winning 28-24. Had a 4th and 1 and got it because of the offsides call. Then we got a FG and LP didn't have enough time to score to tie it.

The 08 game was a tough one for Lufkin because they had been without power all week and the players basically ran out of gas. Lots of cramping for them and they gave up a big lead in the 4th quarter and were gassed in 3OTs. With how hot it was then, being without power and without air conditioning all week must've been so tough.

• Like 1

It was 2007. We were trying to run the clock out, winning 28-24. Had a 4th and 1 and got it because of the offsides call. Then we got a FG and LP didn't have enough time to score to tie it.

The 08 game was a tough one for Lufkin because they had been without power all week and the players basically ran out of gas. Lots of cramping for them and they gave up a big lead in the 4th quarter and were gassed in 3OTs. With how hot it was then, being without power and without air conditioning all week must've been so tough.

Yea, I remember what happened in 08 with our kids going down on defense and of course having no power because of the hurricane. I didn't think we would play that game, because of not having much gas in town. I think we were up 20-7 at one point and got an interception in the end zone, but for some reason we ran it out. It was safety a few plays later and the game went downhill from that point. The lobos had the momentum from what I can remember. Johnson was amazing. Defense was just too tired and could lot deal with him. I was shocked the offense was able to move the ball against y'all though. As for the 07 game, I just remember y'all going up 28-0 with some great playcalling. I've never seen King call those plays on us before, usually more conservative, but we were able to make a great comeback. Honestly, I thought we would win after scoring a few times before the half. I just thought we had the lobos number. Just like in the first game that season.

You mad.

Mad about what?

Yea, I remember what happened in 08 with our kids going down on defense and of course having no power because of the hurricane. I didn't think we would play that game, because of not having much gas in town. I think we were up 20-7 at one point and got an interception in the end zone, but for some reason we ran it out. It was safety a few plays later and the game went downhill from that point. The lobos had the momentum from what I can remember. Johnson was amazing. Defense was just too tired and could lot deal with him. I was shocked the offense was able to move the ball against y'all though. As for the 07 game, I just remember y'all going up 28-0 with some great playcalling. I've never seen King call those plays on us before, usually more conservative, but we were able to make a great comeback. Honestly, I thought we would win after scoring a few times before the half. I just thought we had the lobos number. Just like in the first game that season. Mad about what?

You sad whatever as if you don't like the fact that JT is the og of beast from the east. Sounds like you have a lil haterade in ya.

He just doesn't know the difference between you shoo'ing him away like a pesky little fly, and you being mad. Bye Felisha (VonG)

Yep, someone is still living in the early 90s. Definitely not mad though. Don't think Lufkin has been the best in the pines either. Not getting into that again though..