Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

WP4L, on 15 Apr 2016 - 7:32 PM, said:snapback.png

That's my views as well.

To me, no need to worry about LV or Lufkin. Both programs have played and been successful in the top classification recently.

However JT hasnt played in the big leagues since 2009. So it's kind've a wait and see thing for me. I do have them preseason ranked 4th in what DCTF has already ranked the toughest 6A district in the state. Good players they have coming back.

All that smack you talk WP4L...and look what happen. You talked all that noise about district pedigree...lol. Pedigree don't win jack...Players do. I told you all season that JT had good players returning...But you and some of your NOBO buddies threw that to the side, because you guys think you are entitled.

When you don't give CUJO nation their respect, they will show up to your house and take it. I have gave LV props for yrs on this forum, but every yr, you don't return the same to JT. As Birdman said....Put some respect on the name

Nawl...JT is the real District champs. How yall lost to Rockwall is headscrather...

Right now I'm off to lala land for bout a hour...gotta be at work at 2am

That lost to Rockwall is what JT needed in my opinion. It woke them up and they realized they can't play around with these teams. If they played Rockwall now it wouldn't be close at all.

Coaches didn't make the necessary adjustments at all. I don't blame the kids. If the coaches would have put a safety over the top JT would be 10-0 instead of 9-1. That's if they take care of horn and beat lee.

JT toyed with Lobo D all night long. Smith out there zigzag'n like tecmo bowl...

JT had to average 10 yrds per play. We just had nuthg for them. The fumble at the 2 right b4 half really sealed our faith. We had to match them score for score. It's a realization of could be 1 and done this year...

Quit being a sore loser. Man up and eat your crow geez you are embarrassing yourself.

You don't know football anymore than the rest of us. No one is intimidated or impressed. You are a keyboard warrior that just happens to be passionate about your team. Jt is a good team. You usually have a excuse when someone beats Longview. I honestly have never seen you eat crow. If you don't like this site quit posting on it daily.

wow lion saying something I agree with lol good stuff yea u r right about that
  • Like 1

Didn't see this game in person. Watched the second half on livefeed. Our defense had no answer for JT. they done whatever they wanted to do. I know we have a young defense, but tonight they got taken to the woodshed. The fumble we had on the one yardline killed our comeback chances. Our Lobos will bounce back, hats off to JT on a good win.

Didn't see this game in person. Watched the second half on livefeed. Our defense had no answer for JT. they done whatever they wanted to do. I know we have a young defense, but tonight they got taken to the woodshed. The fumble we had on the one yardline killed our comeback chances. Our Lobos will bounce back, hats off to JT on a good win.

• Like 1

JT toyed with Lobo D all night long. Smith out there zigzag'n like tecmo bowl...

JT had to average 10 yrds per play. We just had nuthg for them. The fumble at the 2 right b4 half really sealed our faith. We had to match them score for score. It's a realization of could be 1 and done this year...

I think it showed 7.6 a play for JT and 7.2 for Lv. I may have been half sleep reading that though. I'll say this, that trip to Beaumont will be tough(if it happens). JT will have to win out for it to happen I think. But West Brook has a pretty good Qb too, definitely not on the level of Bryson. Very talented though, and I was impressed with his decision making against us. I want to see if that game is on a Friday night. Long trip to Beaumont against a pretty good team(mostly on offense) won't be easy.

I think it showed 7.6 a play for JT and 7.2 for Lv. I may have been half sleep reading that though. I'll say this, that trip to Beaumont will be tough(if it happens). JT will have to win out for it to happen I think. But West Brook has a pretty good Qb too, definitely not on the level of Bryson. Very talented though, and I was impressed with his decision making against us. I want to see if that game is on a Friday night. Long trip to Beaumont against a pretty good team(mostly on offense) won't be easy.

7.6 for JT and 7.2 for Longview was the average coming into this game for both teams.

• Like 1

Man, I understand your frustration but ONE day you are going to have to take off them green colored glasses and learn to be humble about this era of Longview Lobos especially with John King at the helm. The way you feel right now is the way I feel and when you keep hyping up our team to be more than what they are, you are going to have PLEANTY on VonG's chomping at the bit to tear our program down.

I am a proud Lobo but, to be quite frank I am a bit embarrassed at times when we fail on a consistent basis, year in and year out to accomplish nothing more than a district championship T-Shirt and an early exit from the playoffs. I am glad football season is here because God knows just as fast as it got here a few weeks ago, inevitably we Lobo fans and alumni are about to see it coming to an abrupt end because there is still too many politics, not enough accountability or recourse for repeated behavior that stills goes uncorrected.

I REFUSE to hype up this new age of Lobos because you never know what you are going to get with them, with the exsclusive exception being inconsistency. In my opinion, until we take a very, serious look at totally revamping our defense and start over from scratch, we can forget about state championships. We REFUSE to play defense, we refuse to Study, we refuse to be discipline and sound in every aspect and we have the mitigated gall to get on sports forums and beat our chests about wins over perennial powerhouse programs when in the GRAND SCHEME of things, our Lobos (Coaches and Kids included) do not rise to the occasion and get it done when it MATTERS THE MOST! That is our legacy THUS far.

I see it and everyone who knows about us, know it as well. I will end with this, Steve Harvey said on his morning show during his initial 12 minutes one morning about being GOOD and being GREAT. He expounded by saying that those who DESIRE (Key word is DESIRE) to be GREAT and set themselves apart of the pack do the NECESSARY and DETAILED things to accomplish what MOST can not do. And that is called, "THE EXTRA MILE". We DO NOT have that "EXTRA MILE" mentality nor is it representative of John King. You see, it starts at the TOP no matter how you want to slice it. It has to be TAUGHT and if you have an attitude and demeanor every time you get on the post-game show and literally say, "Well, a win is a win and that is the ONLY thing that matters."

Well, that is an attitude that I am going to do JUST enough to get by. And, when your LEADER talks like that and has that mentality then it permeates all throughout your student athletes. ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP-PERIOD. So, if your HEAD COACH co-signs on just getting by then what type of play do you think you're going to get from the kids on Friday nights? And, I am not diminishing what John King has already built and accomplished BUT, at this point in your career, you have to TRULY WANT and DEMAND more of yourself FIRST before you expect to see it in your student athletes. If you keep doing what you've always done, then you're going to keep getting what you've always got.

• Like 2

Man, I understand your frustration but ONE day you are going to have to take off them green colored glasses and learn to be humble about this era of Longview Lobos especially with John King at the helm. The way you feel right now is the way I feel and when you keep hyping up our team to be more than what they are, you are going to have PLEANTY on VonG's chomping at the bit to tear our program down.

I am a proud Lobo but, to be quite frank I am a bit embarrassed at times when we fail on a consistent basis, year in and year out to accomplish nothing more than a district championship T-Shirt and an early exit from the playoffs. I am glad football season is here because God knows just as fast as it got here a few weeks ago, inevitably we Lobo fans and alumni are about to see it coming to an abrupt end because there is still too many politics, not enough accountability or recourse for repeated behavior that stills goes uncorrected.

I REFUSE to hype up this new age of Lobos because you never know what you are going to get with them, with the exsclusive exception being inconsistency. In my opinion, until we take a very, serious look at totally revamping our defense and start over from scratch, we can forget about state championships. We REFUSE to play defense, we refuse to Study, we refuse to be discipline and sound in every aspect and we have the mitigated gall to get on sports forums and beat our chests about wins over perennial powerhouse programs when in the GRAND SCHEME of things, our Lobos (Coaches and Kids included) do not rise to the occasion and get it done when it MATTERS THE MOST! That is our legacy THUS far.

I see it and everyone who knows about us, know it as well. I will end with this, Steve Harvey said on his morning show during his initial 12 minutes one morning about being GOOD and being GREAT. He expounded by saying that those who DESIRE (Key word is DESIRE) to be GREAT and set themselves apart of the pack do the NECESSARY and DETAILED things to accomplish what MOST can not do. And that is called, "THE EXTRA MILE". We DO NOT have that "EXTRA MILE" mentality nor is it representative of John King. You see, it starts at the TOP no matter how you want to slice it. It has to be TAUGHT and if you have an attitude and demeanor every time you get on the post-game show and literally say, "Well, a win is a win and that is the ONLY thing that matters."

Well, that is an attitude that I am going to do JUST enough to get by. And, when your LEADER talks like that and has that mentality then it permeates all throughout your student athletes. ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP-PERIOD. So, if your HEAD COACH co-signs on just getting by then what type of play do you think you're going to get from the kids on Friday nights? And, I am not diminishing what John King has already built and accomplished BUT, at this point in your career, you have to TRULY WANT and DEMAND more of yourself FIRST before you expect to see it in your student athletes. If you keep doing what you've always done, then you're going to keep getting what you've always got.

Say cuz point to wear I have ever torn down the lobo program. I'll wait. Wolfie and few others always try to tear down JT.