Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

They do it every week tearing down jt... and guy who mention lake Travis o those fans are the worst and jt is fully able to beat a lt team just like the same was said before last night about Longview I know a lot of Longview fans came in thinking they would do whatever they wanted to jt ...good game Longview now it time for horn ..and I wonder when and how would jt meet lt in playoffs? Like semifinals? State?

Man, I understand your frustration but ONE day you are going to have to take off them green colored glasses and learn to be humble about this era of Longview Lobos especially with John King at the helm. The way you feel right now is the way I feel and when you keep hyping up our team to be more than what they are, you are going to have PLEANTY on VonG's chomping at the bit to tear our program down.

I am a proud Lobo but, to be quite frank I am a bit embarrassed at times when we fail on a consistent basis, year in and year out to accomplish nothing more than a district championship T-Shirt and an early exit from the playoffs. I am glad football season is here because God knows just as fast as it got here a few weeks ago, inevitably we Lobo fans and alumni are about to see it coming to an abrupt end because there is still too many politics, not enough accountability or recourse for repeated behavior that stills goes uncorrected.

I REFUSE to hype up this new age of Lobos because you never know what you are going to get with them, with the exsclusive exception being inconsistency. In my opinion, until we take a very, serious look at totally revamping our defense and start over from scratch, we can forget about state championships. We REFUSE to play defense, we refuse to Study, we refuse to be discipline and sound in every aspect and we have the mitigated gall to get on sports forums and beat our chests about wins over perennial powerhouse programs when in the GRAND SCHEME of things, our Lobos (Coaches and Kids included) do not rise to the occasion and get it done when it MATTERS THE MOST! That is our legacy THUS far.

I see it and everyone who knows about us, know it as well. I will end with this, Steve Harvey said on his morning show during his initial 12 minutes one morning about being GOOD and being GREAT. He expounded by saying that those who DESIRE (Key word is DESIRE) to be GREAT and set themselves apart of the pack do the NECESSARY and DETAILED things to accomplish what MOST can not do. And that is called, "THE EXTRA MILE". We DO NOT have that "EXTRA MILE" mentality nor is it representative of John King. You see, it starts at the TOP no matter how you want to slice it. It has to be TAUGHT and if you have an attitude and demeanor every time you get on the post-game show and literally say, "Well, a win is a win and that is the ONLY thing that matters."

Well, that is an attitude that I am going to do JUST enough to get by. And, when your LEADER talks like that and has that mentality then it permeates all throughout your student athletes. ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP-PERIOD. So, if your HEAD COACH co-signs on just getting by then what type of play do you think you're going to get from the kids on Friday nights? And, I am not diminishing what John King has already built and accomplished BUT, at this point in your career, you have to TRULY WANT and DEMAND more of yourself FIRST before you expect to see it in your student athletes. If you keep doing what you've always done, then you're going to keep getting what you've always got.

I wonder if WP4L will see this, because after last night, he probably got suspended from smoaky...lol.

But seriously, I don't have a probably with people seeing their team through colored glasses. Heck, JT have a few of them. But the JT fans don't trash LV like he does JT. He always has this attitude that JT is beneath LV and Luf. Heck JT has beaten Luf 2 times in a row, but yet, the move up to 6a this yr, Dude had the nerve to say he ain't worried about LV or Luf, but JT needs to prove something. JT beats LV last 3 times at Lobo...but the first 2 don't count cause of injuries and suspensions. Im sure you been around East Texas long enough to know JT ain't got to prove nothing. The record speaks for itself.

Its always something with him to discredit JT. Then his attacks got personal, with name calling, and this "Nawf Side" ####.Last night he said some things that smoaky has deleted. I respect the Lobo program just as much as anyone. Heck, they are inexperience in spots this yr, and next yr, they will probably come to Rose Stadium and get payback (although I hope Im wrong). I've tried to keep the rivalry friendly with people like Gtee and etc. But that dude is out of control.

Anyway, don't sleep on your Lobos, they got a lot of talent coming up in the next 2-3 yrs.

Im sure you been around East Texas long enough to know JT ain't got to prove nothing. The record speaks for itself.

They do it every week tearing down jt... and guy who mention lake Travis o those fans are the worst and jt is fully able to beat a lt team just like the same was said before last night about Longview I know a lot of Longview fans came in thinking they would do whatever they wanted to jt ...good game Longview now it time for horn ..and I wonder when and how would jt meet lt in playoffs? Like semifinals? State?

If I am not mistaking Bro, LT will go D1. Good game last night JT!!! I will definitely be rooting for you guys in the playoffs!!!

Longviews D is too small to go toe to toe with the "big boys" in 6A. They got manhandled last night. The D line and linebackers were on skates all night. They just dont have the weight to fight off blocks all night long against a stout O line like JT.

The offense under John King will never win a SC. How many dive plays do you get shut down on before you start looking foolish?? No screeens, sweeps, slants, etc... King is stuck in 1970's offense mode. JT's D line shut it down.

JT has a good looking, very athletic team this year. That QB is crazy good, and #8 played both ways and will see a college field in his future.

Lobo fans need to understand that at the top of the food chain, that is 6A, you either have the athletes to match up, or you dont. Dont believe it? Well, Longview just got slapped by a good 6A team that WILL NT win a 6A SC, and most likely will be out after round 3.

Hey.... Longview will win both remaining games.... district co champs... bottom line....Jt has a good offene... bottom line neither team good enough to win it all anyway so all the talk can just go away. Lake Travis would eat these teams lunches!

Longview has now over 60 underclassman up

smh....here we go with this again...smh. First WP4L says returning starters mean nothing, now you talking about how young the Lobos are. Just take the loss and move one, nobody is talking about state champions or lake travis.

by the way, JT is young too. Several underclassmen starting last night. Only 3-4 seniors starting on offense and 4-5 on def.

Longviews D is too small to go toe to toe with the "big boys" in 6A. They got manhandled last night. The D line and linebackers were on skates all night. They just dont have the weight to fight off blocks all night long against a stout O line like JT.

The offense under John King will never win a SC. How many dive plays do you get shut down on before you start looking foolish?? No screeens, sweeps, slants, etc... King is stuck in 1970's offense mode. JT's D line shut it down.

JT has a good looking, very athletic team this year. That QB is crazy good, and #8 played both ways and will see a college field in his future.

Lobo fans need to understand that at the top of the food chain, that is 6A, you either have the athletes to match up, or you dont. Dont believe it? Well, Longview just got slapped by a good 6A team that WILL NT win a 6A SC, and most likely will be out after round 3.

#8 is Damian Miller. He is a 4 star receiver thats has been committed to Univ of Texas since the end of his Soph season.

Lobos will be fine.... good game to get them going in right direction

Right direction for what? Another 1 or 2 and done? Another "Co-District Champions" tshirt? Been a Lobo since my days there in the 70's. Same song, different year all over again.

Nowdays, I just enjoy the games and hope for a winning season.

JT99, it looks like it will be our boys in the first round. We still have a long way to go though. I'm not sure if it would be the first meeting in the playoffs or not. Looking forward to it though, if we can ever get healthy on offense..

No guarantee of a JT/LP meeting yet.
  • Like 1

Congrats to JT on a big win.

I almost skipped our game to go to this one.....but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I sure miss those days when EVERY WEEK was a circus like last night in Longview.

Week after week where there may or may not be a favorite in a game.... but no one was shocked if anyone beat the other on any given week.

Long/Luf

Luf/JT

Marsh/Lee

Marsh/Lufkin

Long/JT

JT/Lee

packed out every week..... 3 or 4 in the top 10-15.

We get that on occasion nowadays....but not on the weekly like we did back then.

OK Lobos.... pick yourself up and go win out.

Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Amazing how one week you can beat the snot outta teams and the next get the snot beat outta you...

Its not like Longview had a really down night. We got spanked by a much better team. Physically it was no contest.

Longview was also, dare I say, badly outcoached.