Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

So What's years should Longview have won state title, where should I start....

Even the year where we went out in the first round against South Garland in Mesquite Texas. fans sat in their car for two hours trying to figure out what happened. BTY don't blame it on the place kicker. Head Coach chose a in experience rb ahead of Vondrell McGee, ball ended up on the far far right hash mark. Results missed field goal ball game...

Denton Guyer / SMU stadium just run the clock out Coach don't try and punt , Guyer has been getting close to blocking all day.

Should I continue, I can if you would like. One more how about HC go sat on the charter bus and not even speak a word to team during half time......:.2nd game against Lake Travis / Waco Baylor Staduim

So What's years should Longview have won state title, where should I start....

Even the year where we went out in the first round against South Garland in Mesquite Texas. fans sat in their car for two hours trying to figure out what happened. BTY don't blame it on the place kicker. Head Coach chose a in experience rb ahead of Vondrell McGee, ball ended up on the far far right hash mark. Results missed field goal ball game...

Denton Guyer / SMU stadium just run the clock out Coach don't try and punt , Guyer has been getting close to blocking all day.

Should I continue, I can if you would like. One more how about HC go sat on the charter bus and not even speak a word to team during half time......:.2nd game against Lake Travis / Waco Baylor Staduim

Um, no.

The 2004 team, I played on and will be the first to admit that it wasn't a state championship team. There was a lot of talent and sure, and maybe we beat Lufkin without a handful of fumbles (not the coach's fault, but the player's for hiding an injury). But we weren't going to beat Southlake Carroll.

The 2007 team wasn't going to beat Katy. Nobody was that year.

The 2008 team was completely outmatched against Lake Travis. As was the 2009 team. What Division 1 players did Longview even have those years? Aaron Johnson? Maybe one other? And you can say we got "outcoached" by them those years.... But then again the coach for that team was Chad Morris who's made millions of dollars at the collegiate level for being one of the best. Who will be head coach at a Power 5 school soon. So yeah, you can say we were "outcoached" those games, but considering the opposing coach, that's not all that bad.

In 2010, we MAYBE could've won state against Cibolo Steele. But with all the talent that that team lost, it was impressive just making the semifinals. And maybe it WAS a boneheaded play to punt, but it's on the players to execute in that situation. You seem to be confusing where the blame lies. The team had executed that punt correctly all day- there's no reason not to think they'd do it again.

In 2005, he didn't take Vondrell out of the game. Vondrell was in the game the entire time. Chris Ivory TOOK HIMSELF out of the game for whatever reason and the young Mark Johnson didn't get the yard needed. But think about this, again. There was a QB sneak before that which lost a yard. With proper execution, that's an easy first down. The coach can't block FOR the players, he can only call the play. And if the team couldn't pick up a first down on a QB sneak needing one yard, they didn't deserve to win anyway, coaching or not. And finally, on 3rd and 2, if the offensive line executed, they'd have picked up the yardage, no matter who was playing fullback. Again, execution cost the team that game (and did so on MULTIPLE missed kicks, not just the last one), not some "bad call".

• Like 1

I never called you a "lobo jock rider" until you made your post taking an indirect shot at me. I don't have a problem with you, I had a problem with your post. You and I have talked in other forums before. We have been cool. If you had told me to chill out on him, I would have done it, because I respect you enough to do that. But you got to admit, its rather odd that Lobofan is quiet on this thread, when he has been so much to say on others concerning JT. But anyway, thats all I wanted you to admit. If you want to continue to have a problem with me, thats on you, cause we ok on my side.

by the way, I didn't post EVERYTHING they have said, because if I did, I could have started a 10 page thread on that alone...lol.

We're good, just gotta do one thing. It's not that big of a deal. Not at all. Just find a way to get JT to lose one more game before the playoffs and we're good. Heck, Friends for life after that lol. It's just one game and then a trip to Beaumont!! You can't beat that. Kidding aside though, I gotta stay out of other teams drama anyways and just sit back with my popcorn. Just thought people should've moved on, but regardless that's none of my business..☕️

Um, no.

The 2004 team, I played on and will be the first to admit that it wasn't a state championship team. There was a lot of talent and sure, and maybe we beat Lufkin without a handful of fumbles (not the coach's fault, but the player's for hiding an injury). But we weren't going to beat Southlake Carroll.

The 2007 team wasn't going to beat Katy. Nobody was that year.

The 2008 team was completely outmatched against Lake Travis. As was the 2009 team. What Division 1 players did Longview even have those years? Aaron Johnson? Maybe one other? And you can say we got "outcoached" by them those years.... But then again the coach for that team was Chad Morris who's made millions of dollars at the collegiate level for being one of the best. Who will be head coach at a Power 5 school soon. So yeah, you can say we were "outcoached" those games, but considering the opposing coach, that's not all that bad.

In 2010, we MAYBE could've won state against Cibolo Steele. But with all the talent that that team lost, it was impressive just making the semifinals. And maybe it WAS a boneheaded play to punt, but it's on the players to execute in that situation. You seem to be confusing where the blame lies. The team had executed that punt correctly all day- there's no reason not to think they'd do it again.

In 2005, he didn't take Vondrell out of the game. Vondrell was in the game the entire time. Chris Ivory TOOK HIMSELF out of the game for whatever reason and the young Mark Johnson didn't get the yard needed. But think about this, again. There was a QB sneak before that which lost a yard. With proper execution, that's an easy first down. The coach can't block FOR the players, he can only call the play. And if the team couldn't pick up a first down on a QB sneak needing one yard, they didn't deserve to win anyway, coaching or not. And finally, on 3rd and 2, if the offensive line executed, they'd have picked up the yardage, no matter who was playing fullback. Again, execution cost the team that game (and did so on MULTIPLE missed kicks, not just the last one), not some "bad call".

No offense, but yall were going to lose to us in 05 anyways. Just the better team, when we were healthy.

No offense, but yall were going to lose to us in 05 anyways. Just the better team, when we were healthy.

We'll never know... But to act as though the state championship was ours to lose is just false.

I see that there are a few things about some Longview fans... Some feel like we have the most talented team in the state every year, and some seem to think that no matter what goes wrong, it's the coach's fault and never on the players.

• Like 1

We're good, just gotta do one thing. It's not that big of a deal. Not at all. Just find a way to get JT to lose one more game before the playoffs and we're good. Heck, Friends for life after that lol. It's just one game and then a trip to Beaumont!! You can't beat that. Kidding aside though, I gotta stay out of other teams drama anyways and just sit back with my popcorn. Just thought people should've moved on, but regardless that's none of my business..☕️

Hmmm....with Lee and Horn on the schedule, its a real possibility...lol...

Lots of pain in 2010 from LV and JT, I thought both should have won state. A LV state championship that yr, would have been one of the most impressive ever, because that team lost alot from the yr before. I thought King should have took a safety then kicked the ball off.

Lots of pain in 2010 from LV and JT, I thought both should have won state. A LV state championship that yr, would have been one of the most impressive ever, because that team lost alot from the yr before. I thought King should have took a safety then kicked the ball off.

that was the year I said eff it! No mo broken hearts for me! That game right there made me question alot of things bout Lobos football. I still shake my head when I think about it.

Masters of Deflections, afraid to talk about the real issues dealing with Lobo Football, so I got a couple games and years wrong. I work full time and more and don't have time to comb the resources to come up with exact stats..and performances. And also know this I'm not a forum troll I have watched Longview football since 1989........

More sophisticated offense or using more players to utilize mis direction or speed.... better use of all athletes on team.... having players sit as back ups for 2 years when they could be utilized for is insane... I know they know they know the players but this year one or 2 0f thevrunning backs should be playing linebacker!

Does Longview have any two way players? I don't ever hear of guys playing on both sides of the ball there.

got a kid that caught a TD pass and recorded a int in the same game few weeks ago. But he isn't a starter at neither position.

Masters of Deflections, afraid to talk about the real issues dealing with Lobo Football, so I got a couple games and years wrong. I work full time and more and don't have time to comb the resources to come up with exact stats..and performances. And also know this I'm not a forum troll I have watched Longview football since 1989........

Nobody thinks you're a forum troll... Well, I'm starting to wonder, but I digress...

What ARE the "real issues dealing with Lobo Football"? You can use a blanket term and say, "the coach", but I'm interested in specifics. Others have pointed out he's not the best at managing time, and I'll agree that he's made a few mistakes over the years when it comes to managing timeouts/time.