Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

yep, wouldn't shock me if they did. Heck, its possible JT could miss out on playoffs too.

I think LV is a very good program, this isn't about JT being better than LV, its about some LV fans disrespecting JT and not giving the credit where credit is due.

JT missing the playoffs all together is possible but that's a painful thought that nobody really wants to consider possible.

I've learned over the years that when fans don't give respect to the winning team it's simply because those fans don't feel the winning team is respect worthy.

Patting myself on the back.....NO...only exposing lobo fans for their hating. I didn't play or coach Friday...I ain't did nothing. Im just an observer.

I've been around for a while, I go back to MavChamp ETsupersite, and was around when smoaky first started. I've seen JT and LV go at it quite some time. I witness JT own LV in the 90s, and LV own JT in the 2000s. It goes in cycles.

Because of that, I would never go around bragging about how great JT is over LV or LV over JT, because I know both programs are in the top 10 or 15 in all time wins in the state of Texas. SO, it bothers me that certain Lobo fans would have the nerve to disrespect JT, and discount any win against LV, as if JT couldn't beat a healthy LV team. One of LV biggest wins vs JT was in 97, but what Lobo fans don't know,is that JT lost its starting QB a couple games before that against Nac, and he didn't return into the playoffs. BUT did you ever hear a JT fan discredit that Lobo win. NOPE, but when it was the other way around....you see what was said from guys like YOU and WP4L

It actually doesn't take long to search on here..only minutes, so I didn't spend hours on nothing. This is all fun for me.

And yea, JT def cost them against Rockwall, but LV defense cost them against Jt and LV. I guess if a team scores more points than you, its very possible the defense may have played some role in that...lol.

By the way, I didn't get humiliated at all. Actually quite the opposite. Getting yourself possible suspended or banned for acting crazy after a loss is getting humiliated. The win was a vindication for smoaky.com...because it proved how crazy some lobo fans are...(including you...lol)

I mean, I still don't see how Wolfie noting that in 2014 a lot of our team was hurt is making an "excuse" for anything (especially when we had the same injuries against Lufkin but beat them later in the year when the hurt players returned), but again, it obviously lived in your head because you STILL talk about it 2 years later even after JT beat Longview (to which I personally said congrats and admitted you guys were the better team, if you go back and look). Wolfie IS one of the more homer Longview fans, sure. I never said he wasn't, and I don't agree with a lot of what the guy says, but he WAS right that we had several injuries against JT in 2014. Wether or not that was the reason Longview lost the game, we'll never know... But what he says doesn't really say anything about Longview fans as a whole. In fact, I personally said JT was better and executed better in this very thread. Did you forget how to read? Or are you intentionally overlooking it so that you can play to your little victim complex about how poor JT fans aren't given credit by the big bad Longview fans? LOL This is even MORE amusing when we note that you're a Lee fan. But given the state of Lee, i don't blame you for moving over to JT and claiming fanhood with the Lions.

Here's the thing- LoboFan07 said that JT's defense would cost them this season, and it has. It did against Rockwall when they gave up 58 points. He did NOT say that Longview's defense WAS a stellar defense. So bringing up that Longview's defense cost them vs JT doesn't make his statement any more wrong. So, like I said, it's hilarious that you remembered his post from MONTHS ago, felt the need to bring it up, and nothing he said was wrong. Wolfie WAS an embarrassment that night after the game. But you, a Lee graduate, living through John Tyler and looking up posts from 6 months ago (which are 100% true) is a complete and utter humiliation. Must be an AWESOME life you lead. I wonder if before bed tonight you'll think about the time back in 2006 when LoboFan07 said that Longview would beat John Tyler?

JT missing the playoffs all together is possible but that's a painful thought that nobody really wants to consider possible.

I've learned over the years that when fans don't give respect to the winning team it's simply because those fans don't feel the winning team is respect worthy.

JT is respect worthy for sure (and I posted that just after the game... it's the obnoxious trolling coming from worthless Lee fans that is the real eye-roll inducing posts... Not really anything true JT fans have said). That QB and RB are stud athletes.

I mean, I still don't see how Wolfie noting that in 2014 a lot of our team was hurt is making an "excuse" for anything (especially when we had the same injuries against Lufkin but beat them later in the year when the hurt players returned), but again, it obviously lived in your head because you STILL talk about it 2 years later even after JT beat Longview (to which I personally said congrats and admitted you guys were the better team, if you go back and look). Wolfie IS one of the more homer Longview fans, sure. I never said he wasn't, and I don't agree with a lot of what the guy says, but he WAS right that we had several injuries against JT in 2014. Wether or not that was the reason Longview lost the game, we'll never know... But what he says doesn't really say anything about Longview fans as a whole. In fact, I personally said JT was better and executed better in this very thread. Did you forget how to read? Or are you intentionally overlooking it so that you can play to your little victim complex about how poor JT fans aren't given credit by the big bad Longview fans? LOL This is even MORE amusing when we note that you're a Lee fan. But given the state of Lee, i don't blame you for moving over to JT and claiming fanhood with the Lions.

Here's the thing- LoboFan07 said that JT's defense would cost them this season, and it has. It did against Rockwall when they gave up 58 points. He did NOT say that Longview's defense WAS a stellar defense. So bringing up that Longview's defense cost them vs JT doesn't make his statement any more wrong. So, like I said, it's hilarious that you remembered his post from MONTHS ago, felt the need to bring it up, and nothing he said was wrong. Wolfie WAS an embarrassment that night after the game. But you, a Lee graduate, living through John Tyler and looking up posts from 6 months ago (which are 100% true) is a complete and utter humiliation. Must be an AWESOME life you lead. I wonder if before bed tonight you'll think about the time back in 2006 when LoboFan07 said that Longview would beat John Tyler?

I think I need to ask if you forgot how to read....LOL.

YOU are so confused about the posts that you have me mistaken for Von...lol. Pack07 was talking about Von not me. Von is the person who Pack said is a Lee graduate....LOL

When you get your facts straight on who you are talking about, we can continue this conversation....lol You know what, nevermind. Its cool you gave JT congrats. The game is over, now and I know Lobofan ain't going to respond, so its done with. I figured a grown man could argue for himself, and not send others to do it for him...lol.

Diboll, Central, what's next Huntington??? Or Alto? Some of us aren't jumping bandwagons like you. I support my school. And yea I said people support us from Hudson and Central, because we're the only football team in town. Lee is a huge rival to JT. Last I checked, 99 said y'all aren't supposed to support your rivals. You're supposed to hate them. Supporting them is one thing, you and a few others on here that graduated from Lee are acting like that's your school and team.

I went to Lee played ball there for 3 years in multiple sports. I banged heads with JT players my whole life.

I grew up with most of them as kids playing little league and on to middle school and high school. They were..and are my most hated rival, but only for those reasons.

I shake their hand after a loss or win and know we have common ground in Tyler.

I have been to a Gillian JT games for that reason. I have the highest respect for those kids and school. I help pay their school taxes. I'm a Tyler Lee guy 100% then I also want JT to win em all but the Lee game. That's where I put my hat back on. I'm proud of what those kids at JT can accomplish with what all has gone on over there.

At the same time if JT and Lee cant win it ...I want LV to represent East Texas the same as LP in the Houston area. It's about home first then East Texas.

It's ok to root for a rival if you have respect for them IMO.

When you have two schools in the same district in the same town it grows on you

When the visiting Dallas school comes to town. I'm pulling for JT every time

• Like 1

I think I need to ask if you forgot how to read....LOL.

YOU are so confused about the posts that you have me mistaken for Von...lol. Pack07 was talking about Von not me. Von is the person who Pack said is a Lee graduate....LOL

When you get your facts straight on who you are talking about, we can continue this conversation....lol You know what, nevermind. Its cool you gave JT congrats. The game is over, now and I know Lobofan ain't going to respond, so its done with. I figured a grown man could argue for himself, and not send others to do it for him...lol.

He didn't "send" anyone to argue for him. I was ready to move on until I saw the unhealthy obsession you took with old posts and thought "WOW", especially when he was correct in the post you quoted.

NO..."WE" didn't know you was talking about this thread...

Lobofan has been talking noise all yr. Has gone so far to throw in his opinions on other threads that have nothing to with LV vs JT, but now all of a sudden he should get a pass because he got quiet during game week and didn't say nothing on this thread...LOL...

I guess you right, rivals don't send out congrats, I didn't know rivals take up for their rival either, but I guess you became a honorary Lobo a couple yrs ago, so that rival talk is out the window for you...lol.

Its ok, I guess Lobo is feeding you responses to me. Now I know the type of dudes you and Lobofan are. I will leave him alone, because I don't want to upset you anymore...

And you wonder why I have a problem with you now. I haven't even talked with 07 or Wolf about this thread, or any lobo for that matter. I didn't have a problem with you until you and your sidekick from Tyler Lee start calling me a lobo jock rider. I just didn't see the point for all of the stuff you were posting at first and calling people out that didn't really say anything in this thread. I thought you were better than that. Guess I was wrong though. I've called lobos out in the past, because I didn't think they were giving my team full credit when we beat them, but you didn't see me posting every single thing that they've said from months or years ago. Again, I don't see the point which is why I made my original post. If you think I'm "protecting" people though, that's fine. I honestly don't care anymore what you and your sidekick from Lee thinks. I'm not going back and forth with you while I'm busy, see you in the first round if y'all win the next two games though...

I went to Lee played ball there for 3 years in multiple sports. I banged heads with JT players my whole life.

I grew up with most of them as kids playing little league and on to middle school and high school. They were..and are my most hated rival, but only for those reasons.

I shake their hand after a loss or win and know we have common ground in Tyler.

I have been to a Gillian JT games for that reason. I have the highest respect for those kids and school. I help pay their school taxes. I'm a Tyler Lee guy 100% then I also want JT to win en all but the Lee game. That's where I put my hat back on. I'm proud of what those kids at JT can accomplish with what all has gone on over there.

At the same time if JT and Lee cant win it ...I want LV to represent East Texas the same as LP in the Houston area. It's about home first then EastTexas.

It's ok to root for a rival if you have respect for them IMO.

When you have two schools in the same district in the same town it grows on you when the visiting Dallas school comes to town. I'm pulling for JT every time

Nothing wrong with pulling for them. I pull for JT, Lee and Lv at times when we're not playing. Vong acts like he went to school there. And a lot of people in that town only claim certain teams when they're winning. You probably couldn't find any of them when JT was 1-9.
  • Like 2

Nothing wrong with pulling for them. I pull for JT, Lee and Lv at times when we're not playing. Vong acts like he went to school there.

Their you go putting my name in your mouth. I don't act like I went no where. I just know what I be talking about. I been following JT/Lee longer than you been alive. You just started going to Lufkin games when you got to high school in the 2000's. I been going to games over 30 years. You not even 30 years old.

Their you go putting my name in your mouth. I don't act like I went no where. I just know what I be talking about. I been following JT/Lee longer than you been alive. You just started going to Lufkin games when you got to high school in the 2000's. I been going to games over 30 years. You not even 30 years old.

I started going to games with my father in the late 90s. I didn't go as much as I do now, no doubt about that, but I still went when he was off of work on Friday.

I started going to games with my father in the late 90s. I didn't go as much as I do now, no doubt about that, but I still went when he was off of work on Friday.

Congratulations I been going since the early 80's. Like around 81 82 as a kid every Friday with my daddy and later on with my step daddy. It didn't matter if it was Lee or JT. Whoever was home that's who I went and saw. That's how I operate til this day unless it's a marquee game like last Friday.

He didn't "send" anyone to argue for him. I was ready to move on until I saw the unhealthy obsession you took with old posts and thought "WOW", especially when he was correct in the post you quoted.

actually in his posts, he was wrong.

He said JT wouldn't avg 40 points a game in this district....Wrong, JT is averaging 41.

He said JT def couldn't compete on 6a level, JT def is leading the district in Def

And he said LV def is better than JT....Nope, that ain't true either.

The only reason why I post his old posts is because Pack said Lobofan hadn't said anything about JT....so I proved him wrong with the old posts.

Now can you move on like you said so we can end this.

And you wonder why I have a problem with you now. I haven't even talked with 07 or Wolf about this thread, or any lobo for that matter. I didn't have a problem with you until you and your sidekick from Tyler Lee start calling me a lobo jock rider. I just didn't see the point for all of the stuff you were posting at first and calling people out that didn't really say anything in this thread. I thought you were better than that. Guess I was wrong though. I've called lobos out in the past, because I didn't think they were giving my team full credit when we beat them, but you didn't see me posting every single thing that they've said from months or years ago. Again, I don't see the point which is why I made my original post. If you think I'm "protecting" people though, that's fine. I honestly don't care anymore what you and your sidekick from Lee thinks. I'm not going back and forth with you while I'm busy, see you in the first round if y'all win the next two games though...

I never called you a "lobo jock rider" until you made your post taking an indirect shot at me. I don't have a problem with you, I had a problem with your post. You and I have talked in other forums before. We have been cool. If you had told me to chill out on him, I would have done it, because I respect you enough to do that. But you got to admit, its rather odd that Lobofan is quiet on this thread, when he has been so much to say on others concerning JT. But anyway, thats all I wanted you to admit. If you want to continue to have a problem with me, thats on you, cause we ok on my side.

by the way, I didn't post EVERYTHING they have said, because if I did, I could have started a 10 page thread on that alone...lol.

I figured a grown man could argue for himself, and not send others to do it for him...lol.

Well.....if I was included in that statement I only supported him because he promised to send me a Lobo Bobblehead. If it doesn't arrive I will retract my support for him :blink:

• Like 1

Well.....if I was included in that statement I only supported him because he promised to send me a Lobo Bobblehead. If it doesn't arrive I will retract my support for him :blink:

no....lol..I was joking with Pack and Johnny about it....lol.

Hey, if they are giving away bobbleheads, then I need to be nicer to them...lol

Replying back to Longview Coaches previous records from Maxpreps:

Thanks to the tireless volunteer hours from the Longview Little League football coaches and the unappreciated work of the Tri-Jr High Coaches Longview will continue to have good records. This happens because of the talent level and being able to feed LHS from three sources. Now to the meat of the problem :If it wasn't for time outs taken during JT game we could have easily had 6 or 7 delay of game violations, Qb begging for next play clock ticking down to 2 to 3 seconds before snapping. You call plays two to three ahead not play to play,you set up one using the other. The cluster starts as soon as they get to LHS, how about JV staff member cursing out kids I mean really getting down and dirty for the whole half time period. Not talking about adjustments just talking to these kids like sailors. If I had a dog in the hunt he would have turn in his stuff right then and there. Longview should have a minimum of 5 state championships in the modern era with the players that have come thru field house of this school. As it stands as long as you guys staff have same thought processes it will be more of the same year after year. So my word to you is either quit complaining or take it to your school board.

Replying back to Longview Coaches previous records from Maxpreps:

Thanks to the tireless volunteer hours from the Longview Little League football coaches and the unappreciated work of the Tri-Jr High Coaches Longview will continue to have good records. This happens because of the talent level and being able to feed LHS from three sources. Now to the meat of the problem :If it wasn't for time outs taken during JT game we could have easily had 6 or 7 delay of game violations, Qb begging for next play clock ticking down to 2 to 3 seconds before snapping. You call plays two to three ahead not play to play,you set up one using the other. The cluster starts as soon as they get to LHS, how about JV staff member cursing out kids I mean really getting down and dirty for the whole half time period. Not talking about adjustments just talking to these kids like sailors. If I had a dog in the hunt he would have turn in his stuff right then and there. Longview should have a minimum of 5 state championships in the modern era with the players that have come thru field house of this school. As it stands as long as you guys staff have same thought processes it will be more of the same year after year. So my word to you is either quit complaining or take it to your school board.

Seeing as a team is given 6 timeouts per game, it would be impossible to avoid 7 delay of game penalties by using all 6 of the timeouts.
I share your appreciation of coaches at all levels. In general, they are all underappreciated for their efforts in developing men.
  • Like 1