Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

Pinpoint the injuries/absent players in all of those games and I'll gladly do that.

Until then, lets stick to REAL facts...

Which are:

1. John King has never loss a district home game in his 13th season as our HC.

2. John Tyler has not beaten Longview in district play in 16 years.

3. Lastly, John Tyler has not beaten Longview in district play AT LOBO in 18 years.

Don't give me no BS stats like "we're 4-0 at Lobo the last 4 times" when two of those times weren't even against us and the other two were against none 100% teams. JT saw first hand last season what it's like playing 100% Lobo teams. Total domination.

Have Longview and JT been in the same district for the past 13 years? If beating a team by 17 is total domination I don't know what to say. A veteran team vs an inexperience team that could have won if the receivers and qb were on the same page. Wasn't total domination if you were losing at halftime. Injuries shouldn't be a problem when you have 80 varsity members. Lastly, how many head coaches has Longview had since 2001 compared to JT. Throw in the fact JT had a new oc and dc every year under Ratcliff and less than 30 varsity members but you beat a program at 100%.

Pinpoint the injuries/absent players in all of those games and I'll gladly do that.

Until then, lets stick to REAL facts...

Which are:

1. John King has never loss a district home game in his 13th season as our HC.

2. John Tyler has not beaten Longview in district play in 16 years.

3. Lastly, John Tyler has not beaten Longview in district play AT LOBO in 18 years.

Don't give me no BS stats like "we're 4-0 at Lobo the last 4 times" when two of those times weren't even against us and the other two were against none 100% teams. JT saw first hand last season what it's like playing 100% Lobo teams. Total domination.

Streaks are made to be broken.

Have Longview and JT been in the same district for the past 13 years? If beating a team by 17 is total domination I don't know what to say. A veteran team vs an inexperience team that could have won if the receivers and qb were on the same page. Wasn't total domination if you were losing at halftime. Injuries shouldn't be a problem when you have 80 varsity members. Lastly, how many head coaches has Longview had since 2001 compared to JT. Throw in the fact JT had a new oc and dc every year under Ratcliff and less than 30 varsity members but you beat a program at 100%.

Von, stop wasting your time. Dude never think he is wrong. He brags that JT never beat a 100% Lobo team, although in 2010 they were 100%, until the QB got hurt in the game. Whats funny is that prior to the game, they said the back up was better than the starter. But that doesn't count.

He brags that LV hasn't lost a district home game, but I guarantee he doesn't take in account games against other teams that had injuries, BUT he does when LV loses. JT had injuries during losses against LV, but you never see us bringing that up. Heck I know for a fact that a future NFL player was hurt in one of those losses. But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter than Horn QB was playing hurt against LV this yr. Nothing matters with this guy. Same guy who said he ain't worried about LV and Luf, but JT move to 6a...hmmm. You are wasting your time going back and forth with this dude.

IF JT wins, he will find an excuse, if JT loses, then, its how things should be. So I say LV by whatever points, cause I don't want to see his whining if they lose.

Von, stop wasting your time. Dude never think he is wrong. He brags that JT never beat a 100% Lobo team, although in 2010 they were 100%, until the QB got hurt in the game. Whats funny is that prior to the game, they said the back up was better than the starter. But that doesn't count.

He brags that LV hasn't lost a district home game, but I guarantee he doesn't take in account games against other teams that had injuries, BUT he does when LV loses. JT had injuries during losses against LV, but you never see us bringing that up. Heck I know for a fact that a future NFL player was hurt in one of those losses. But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter than Horn QB was playing hurt against LV this yr. Nothing matters with this guy. Same guy who said he ain't worried about LV and Luf, but JT move to 6a...hmmm. You are wasting your time going back and forth with this dude.

IF JT wins, he will find an excuse, if JT loses, then, its how things should be. So I say LV by whatever points, cause I don't want to see his whining if they lose.

I love the back and forth banter. It's been respectful on both ends.

Stop it. You'll see a bad defense in a few weeks though, when we come to town..

Since you won't be watching your beloved Panthers this Friday. You and your lsu gear might as well come to rose east and see an epic battle between two good teams. Be sure to stop in Tyler to eat since we have more variety. We love out town money being spent in the city.

You can't name the players that were missing though.

And even if you did, the comparison is apples to oranges. Why? Because JT was a horrible program during this time frame...all 4 or 5 people who use to attend JT games could vouch for that. No player would have made a difference. You're on here talking about Kendall Hunter as if he would have made a difference in 2005. He played in 2006...the year JT posted an amazing 4-7 record.

Chris Robison wasn't playing hurt vs us. He left that game because of a hit that caused an unrelated injury from his original. Their sophomore QB Givens is just as dangerous anyway, and he has proven it all year.

And lets not act like JT's move to 6A has been some cakewalk. Yall have trailed at some point in every game in district play except against Heath....every single one. Hell Mesquite had you down by 7 at the half and North even had yall sweating at the half WITHOUT several players including Gooch. So don't get on here beating your chess about how easy yalls district wins have come. lol

lol.

I wouldn't want either in terms of chasing a championship....I wouldn't trade our defense for anyone elses on our schedule though either.

They play well at times and produce turnovers, but man...every since Lee week....they have been kings of giving up big plays. No one has hardly marched down the field on them or anything but we just give up big yardage plays that result in TD's. And for the love of everything, I cannot figure out why it has become so easy to run on us up the middle. I haven't seen decent LB play since the Horn game...let that sink in.

If we ever cleaned that up...which I doubt we will..we'd be so much better.

I feel worse for yall. Arguably one of the top offenses in the state going to waste because the defense isn't interested in stopping a nose bleed.

And even if you did, the comparison is apples to oranges. Why? Because JT was a horrible program during this time frame...all 4 or 5 people who use to attend JT games could vouch for that. No player would have made a difference. You're on here talking about Kendall Hunter as if he would have made a difference in 2005. He played in 2006...the year JT posted an amazing 4-7 record.

Chris Robison wasn't playing hurt vs us. He left that game because of a hit that caused an unrelated injury from his original. Their sophomore QB Givens is just as dangerous anyway, and he has proven it all year.

And lets not act like JT's move to 6A has been some cakewalk. Yall have trailed at some point in every game in district play except against Heath....every single one. Hell Mesquite had you down by 7 at the half and North even had yall sweating at the half WITHOUT several players including Gooch. So don't get on here beating your chess about how easy yalls district wins have come. lol

And JT is still 5-1 just like Longview so what is the difference?

See Von.....the guy is proving my point. An excuse for everything. Our players get hurt, its apples to orange, their players get hurt, its different.

You see Von, all of LV wins are legit. They never beat any teams with injuries, and if they do, doesn't compare to their injuries. Mesquite Horn, Chris Robison gets hurt and leave the game, doesn't matter cause their backup is just a dangerous...Although Robison is the one with all the Div.1 offers, not the Soph nobody ever heard of. LV QB got hurt in 2010, and all the lobo fans (including WP4L) said the back up was better. BUT when JT beats them in 2010, all of a sudden, its because the QB got hurt. Robison is better than their 2010 QB, but his injury was insignificant.

Von I don't know what happen to this dude. I almost think he is joking.