Week Nine: Longview vs John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (6-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

And if JT best Longview they both will be at 4-1 so again. What do you have against JT? Did someone beat you down in North or what? There has to be a reason why you hate JT.

I was thinking the same thing. Lobo07 and I disagree all the time, but it ain't personal with him. This dude, its clearly personal. I have never seen someone make so many excuses. But when the same excuses can be applied to another team they beat, it doesn't count.

Big difference if you actually finished a story for once.

(4-0 with no trails) > (3-1 with trails)

what does trails have to do with anything, As long as you ain't trailing at the end of the game.

By the way, if you are going to post a ridiculous stat, at least be accurate. You trailed Lee 14-13 after the 1st qtr.

https://www.news-journal.com/blogs/staff/entries/2016/sep/24/insider-full-box-longview-lee/

I feel worse for yall. Arguably one of the top offenses in the state going to waste because the defense isn't interested in stopping a nose bleed.

Yep, it's like I'm watching that arena football mess when our efense(because the lord knows they ain't playing any d) is out on the field. The boys on that side of the ball act like they are allergic to tackling and covering people. I don't understand why we punt at all during games. Yall or The JT fans have my sympathy for having to watch them in a few weeks. It's that bad. I have to take a week off after watching the last two games. A person can only take so much of that. I don't see how PA does it. He goes to every game. I should be used to it by now though. This stuff isn't new. We haven't really played any defense against a good team in several years now.

Yep, it's like I'm watching that arena football mess when our efense(because the lord knows they ain't playing any d) is out on the field. The boys on that side of the ball act like they are allergic to tackling and covering people. I don't understand why we punt at all during games. Yall or The JT fans have my sympathy for having to watch them in a few weeks. It's that bad. I have to take a week off after watching the last two games. A person can only take so much of that. I don't see how PA does it. He goes to every game. I should be used to it by now though. This stuff isn't new. We haven't really played any defense against a good team in several years now.

your D was good enough in week Zero. Again, how can someone comment on your Defense when you beat that person team this yr. smh

Since you won't be watching your beloved Panthers this Friday. You and your lsu gear might as well come to rose east and see an epic battle between two good teams. Be sure to stop in Tyler to eat since we have more variety. We love out town money being spent in the city.

Nope, I gotta take a Friday off. If you've seen what I've seen for the last two games, you would do the same. Kidding aside though, I want to go. Just don't see the point.

your D was good enough in week Zero. Again, how can someone be lecturing you on your Defense when you beat that person team this yr. smh

Good enough? Yea, but still gave up a lot of yards. We also had our best player Savon for most of that game. I honestly don't know what happened though. They weren't great in the first week, but they were much better than this. Two starters in the secondary getting injured shouldn't do this..

Mesquite Horn, Chris Robison gets hurt and leave the game, doesn't matter cause their backup is just a dangerous...Although Robison is the one with all the Div.1 offers, not the Soph nobody ever heard of.

Typical 99, has no idea what he's talking about.

We were beating them 35-10 when he got injured freakin' fool!

It's okay though, JT will find out about Horn soon enough. Whether it's Robison or Givens, they will definitely carve up JT's defense. Luckily, you all will still have a shot at winning since they don't play a lick of defense either.

Good enough? Yea, but still gave up a lot of yards. We also had our best player Savon for most of that game. I honestly don't know what happened though. They weren't great in the first week, but they were much better than this. Two starters in the secondary getting injured shouldn't do this..

I get that, but how can a person take a shot at your defense, when they lost to you. As a matter of fact, their team had their lowest scoring output this yr vs Lufkin.

In my opinion, that person shouldn't be saying anything in regards to Lufkin, unless its good.

And you still have no clue.

Kendrevian White went for over 200+ yards but Lufkin played lights out defense on us that night. lmao

Who said they played lights out? I do know your team had their lowest scoring output this yr vs Lufkin....so you really shouldn't be saying anything about them.

You are like the only person in the world who would talk smack about a team you lost too. Pack, you crazy for giving this dude a pass.

You can't name the players that were missing though.

And even if you did, the comparison is apples to oranges. Why? Because JT was a horrible program during this time frame...all 4 or 5 people who use to attend JT games could vouch for that. No player would have made a difference. You're on here talking about Kendall Hunter as if he would have made a difference in 2005. He played in 2006...the year JT posted an amazing 4-7 record.

Chris Robison wasn't playing hurt vs us. He left that game because of a hit that caused an unrelated injury from his original. Their sophomore QB Givens is just as dangerous anyway, and he has proven it all year.

And lets not act like JT's move to 6A has been some cakewalk. Yall have trailed at some point in every game in district play except against Heath....every single one. Hell Mesquite had you down by 7 at the half and North even had yall sweating at the half WITHOUT several players including Gooch. So don't get on here beating your chess about how easy yalls district wins have come. lol

If you kick the ball off first and they score whether it be a field goal or touch down. You are trailing. Everybody trails. No 2 teams plays offense at the same time. By your logic y'all should have lost to JT last year since y'all trailed going into halftime. Your argument stinks. Last time I checked you play 4 twelve minute quarters not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4. Trailing in the 1st half is not bad as long as you are winning the clock strikes 0.

You can't name the players that were missing though.

And even if you did, the comparison is apples to oranges. Why? Because JT was a horrible program during this time frame...all 4 or 5 people who use to attend JT games could vouch for that. No player would have made a difference. You're on here talking about Kendall Hunter as if he would have made a difference in 2005. He played in 2006...the year JT posted an amazing 4-7 record.

Chris Robison wasn't playing hurt vs us. He left that game because of a hit that caused an unrelated injury from his original. Their sophomore QB Givens is just as dangerous anyway, and he has proven it all year.

And lets not act like JT's move to 6A has been some cakewalk. Yall have trailed at some point in every game in district play except against Heath....every single one. Hell Mesquite had you down by 7 at the half and North even had yall sweating at the half WITHOUT several players including Gooch. So don't get on here beating your chess about how easy yalls district wins have come. lol

If you kick the ball off first and they score whether it be a field goal or touch down. You are trailing. Everybody trails. No 2 teams plays offense at the same time. By your logic y'all should have lost to JT last year since y'all trailed going into halftime. Your argument stinks. Last time I checked you play 4 twelve minute quarters not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4. Trailing in the 1st half is not bad as long as you are winning the clock strikes 0.

By the way, if you are going to post a ridiculous stat, at least be accurate. You trailed Lee 14-13 after the 1st qtr.

https://www.news-journal.com/blogs/staff/entries/2016/sep/24/insider-full-box-longview-lee/

Wow. 1 trail by 1 point because we missed an extra point.

Meanwhile yall were being beaten at halftime (Mesquite) and tied up with an injured up team (North). Oh..and then there is Rockwall..

Your homie says we're the same because we're both 6-1....that is clearly incorrect.

The only fan base that doesn't pay attention to detail + believes non district is just as important as district. lol how the hell could you possibly argue with 4-0 > 3-1? Smh.

Typical 99, has no idea what he's talking about.

We were beating them 35-10 when he got injured freakin' fool!

It's okay though, JT will find out about Horn soon enough. Whether it's Robison or Givens, they will definitely carve up JT's defense. Luckily, you all will still have a shot at winning since they don't play a lick of defense either.

and what was the score when your QB went out against JT in 2010. 21-0, 28-7, what ever it was, JT was clearly in command of the game, but has that stopped you from using the qB injury as an excuse.

You are so busy trying to defend the game, that you missed to larger point (not surprised). The larger point, is that you give excuses for LV losses, but when a team LV beats has the same excuses...you ignore them or say they are apples and oranges. But im sure this will fly over your head too.

and what was the score when your QB went out against JT in 2010. 21-0, 28-7, what ever it was, JT was clearly in command of the game, but has that stopped you from using the qB injury as an excuse.

7-0! He had just thrown a 90 yard TD pass....he got hurt on that very play in the 1st quarter. It was not 21-0 or 28-7...or whatever lie you are trying to make up.

Wasn't until he was done that JT went on their little streak in the 2nd quarter because our offense kept putting our defense in bad situations.

Nice try though.

Wow. 1 trail by 1 point because we missed an extra point.

Meanwhile yall were being beaten at halftime (Mesquite) and tied up with an injured up team (North). Oh..and then there is Rockwall..

Your homie says we're the same because we're both 6-1....that is clearly incorrect.

The only fan base that doesn't pay attention to detail + believes non district is just as important as district. lol how the hell could you possibly argue with 4-0 > 3-1? Smh.

this dude is talking about trailing in a game.....lol

who are you? Have you ever played sports before? Jacksonville State led LSU 3-0 in the second qtr, before losing 34-13. Are we about to debate that Jacksonville State is just as good as LSU. what the heck does trailing in a game have to do with anything. Yes JT trailed NM on their home filed, but they won 42-14. Should NM get a moral victory.

You made point that you never trailed, but when called out on the fact that it was a lie, now you try to cover it up. Again, you got a freaking excuse for everything, even when your called out on a lie.

anyway, you did take a shot at their D because you said their D isn't interested in stoping a nosebleed.

They can't. He'll even tell you that.

What's the difference between me and him saying it? Nothing.

He don't have to give me a pass. I said nothing wrong nawfsida.

He is aware of the lack of defense that is being played in Lufkin right now.

Yea, its his team, he can comment on them. You should keep your mouth shut about them, because their "couldn't stop a nosebleed D" held your all american team to their lowest scoring output this season.

And here you go with that "Nawfsida" talk. JT fans know what you trying to say when you use that. Trust me, we know. Again, everyone tough behind a keyboard. Its cool, I can get you with your own words, no need to call you a fool or anything else.

7-0! He had just thrown a 90 yard TD pass....he got hurt on that very play in the 1st quarter. It was not 21-0 or 28-7...or whatever lie you are trying to make up.

Wasn't until he was done that JT went on their little streak in the 2nd quarter because our offense kept putting our defense in bad situations.

Nice try though.

again, completely missed the larger point like I said you would.

this dude is talking about trailing in a game.....lol

Yeah..

I realize that you never played sports or know anything about football period..

But there are such things as quality wins and unquality wins. We're 4-0 in district play with less trails than yall, who are 3-1. You also loss to a team that we beat...so how the hell is our 6-1 records the same....because they appear the same on paper?

You have no clue.

Yea, its his team, he can comment on them. You should keep your mouth shut about them, because their "couldn't stop a nosebleed D" held your all american team to their lowest scoring output this season.

Lufkin clearly isn't playing half the D that they were playing earlier in the year.

You don't have to be a fan of a team to comment on them, especially if its true and accurate. You probably do this every single day, hypocrite.