Joaquin Rams at Carlisle Indians

trueblue82

Alto passing game is much like ours: it's there to open up the run game. They aren't going to beat good teams throwing the ball. Carlisle has something on offense that most teams at our level lack: balance. We will see balanced offense the next two weeks. How well we defend it will say a lot about how long our season lasts.

I always thought alto was better aT passing than that.

I always thought alto was better aT passing than that.

Almost always are, this year their run oriented for the most part.

We on the other hand are as balanced on offense as I guess I've ever seen. We have good backs, good recievers, good line and a couple good qb's. Teams have to respect the complete offense or its to their detriment if they don't. What I'm really digging is that these kids are listening to the coaches and doing what they are told. They're 17-18 year Olds so they could have a complete brain #### Friday night, so you know..

Almost always are, this year their run oriented for the most part.

We on the other hand are as balanced on offense as I guess I've ever seen. We have good backs, good recievers, good line and a couple good qb's. Teams have to respect the complete offense or its to their detriment if they don't. What I'm really digging is that these kids are listening to the coaches and doing what they are told. They're 17-18 year Olds so they could have a complete brain #### Friday night, so you know..

We have nothing but respect for the indians of carlisle

The schedules show Carlisle traveling for a win and Joaquin only playing 2 quality opponents. Indians only big win would be a beat up Alto. Joaquin is notorious for not covering behind the front 7. The winner goes to 3-0 and wins the district. Joaquin 36-21 over carlisle if they can force Indians to 3rd and long. Indians win big 42-21 if secondary plays like a bad Jr high 7on7 team. Winner wins district loser battles San Augustine for 2nd alto takes the last spot or they get new coaches next year.

The schedules show Carlisle traveling for a win and Joaquin only playing 2 quality opponents. Indians only big win would be a beat up Alto. Joaquin is notorious for not covering behind the front 7. The winner goes to 3-0 and wins the district. Joaquin 36-21 over carlisle if they can force Indians to 3rd and long. Indians win big 42-21 if secondary plays like a bad Jr high 7on7 team. Winner wins district loser battles San Augustine for 2nd alto takes the last spot or they get new coaches next year.

Not to be the one to correct you, LD, but SA is 2-0 in the district as well, and both of these teams still have to face them. So they will have a say in who wins the district.

I had an earlier post on another thread where I mentioned the importance of what Rocky does with his JV. If you research the 11 2A D1 thread you will see where he was mocked for his lack of strength schedule in pre-district. Tho he lost 16 seniors from a playoff team last year, and was only picked to win 2 total games this year. Look where he sits. Every JV game all the kids are in the game for a substantial amount of gametime. Thus, they have depth not just numbers. I went to Alto friday and watched purposefully to see if they played alot of kids on varsity. Unless I missed something all 28 were utilized during the game. I still say Joaqiun should win this game, but they will not be going against a shabby program at all.

SA is 2-0 with games left against Alto at home, Joaquin there and close out with Carlisle at home! So no the winner of this game does not win district at all!

• Like 1

SA is 2-0 with games left against Alto at home, Joaquin there and close out with Carlisle at home! So no the winner of this game does not win district at all!

Prolly get a playoff spot tho.. Hahahaha

Carlisle's got too much team speed. I look for this one to be close throughout, with the Injuns pulling away late.

Hmmmm.. So you can be bought... Hahahaha

• Like 1

Hmmmm.. So you can be bought... Hahahaha

Yep, a plate of tamales is all it takes. :lol:

But for reals, I was calling that weeks ago. Y'all are the ones tryin' to act like the cupboard was bare. Didn't fool this guy. :P

But for reals, I was calling that weeks ago. Y'all are the ones tryin' to act like the cupboard was bare. Didn't fool this guy. :P

Bare? No. But most weren't sure of what was really in the cupboard at the time. Me? I have faith in our JV program, in that they always have something cooking down there in subvarsity, and always playing up in terms of most of the years.. Rusk 9th, white oak frosh and the likes over the last few years. Think they may even have played Tatum 9th a time or two, so they are not completely untested under the bright lights.. Rocky let's them young uns compete and learn the game at speed.

• Like 1

Seen a video on the U-tubes, Doomy. The Ram got the tip of his horn under that Injun's loin cloth, and...... Well, like you said, MESSY!

No way I see either Rams or Indjiuns winnin'. May be best not to play this game