News about split divisions in 5A

dillonpanthers

A vote to split 5A would not be welcome in Texarkana for Texas High. The travel would be grueling for all contests in all sports and fans would be hard pressed to attend out of town games. I'm not afraid of the competition but an affirmative decision would be somewhat of a disaster for Texas High.

A vote to split 5A would not be welcome in Texarkana for Texas High. The travel would be grueling for all contests in all sports and fans would be hard pressed to attend out of town games. I'm not afraid of the competition but an affirmative decision would be somewhat of a disaster for Texas High.

Splitting divisions is horrible for travel in 5A and 6A period.

I could be wrong.... but wouldn't that be for football only??

All the other sports would revert back to an east Texas district.

Seems like I recall that being the case.

I agree though.... not sure it's a good idea for 5A and 6A. It works great for the other classifications, but the larger schools are too sporadic and spread out compared to the smaller schools.

I agree though.... not sure it's a good idea for 5A and 6A. It works great for the other classifications, but the larger schools are too sporadic and spread out compared to the smaller schools.

You've got schools playing others with almost 1000 more kids than them. That makes a huge difference in football. UIL of late has very rarely done anything with travel in mind of late.

I don't think it would be that bad. East Texas already drives to dfw and Houston outskirts

IF they split it around 1600-1700, then Tx High and Nac will be the only Div.1 schools, and travel would be bad, but like you said, they already travel far as it is.

Splitting divisions is horrible for travel in 5A and 6A period.

I hope it happens. Travel is already horrible for us and our administration act like they don't care about that type of stuff anyways traveling to Louisiana every year. I rather not play schools with enrollments of 3,500 and more in district though. Not sure if they're changing it for all sports, but that's tough on us. Lv is a town with 80,000+ . They probably have depth in each sport, resources, and the enrollment that continues to grow to do it. We have a population that's close to Nac and Huntsville, two towns with 5A schools. We can't compete long term in several sports like we used to with the Woodz area. Don't think we ever could in baseball, volleyball and basketball. We had a few good years and runs, but I think that was it.

I hope it happens. Travel is already horrible for us and our administration act like they don't care about that type of stuff anyways traveling to Louisiana every year. I rather not play schools with enrollments of 3,500 and more in district though. Not sure if they're changing it for all sports, but that's tough on us. Lv is a town with 80,000+ . They probably have depth in each sport, resources, and the enrollment that continues to grow to do it. We have a population that's close to Nac and Huntsville, two towns with 5A schools. We can't compete long term in several sports like we used to with the Woodz area. Don't think we ever could in baseball, volleyball and basketball. We had a few good years and runs, but I think that was it.

Unfortunately for Lufkin, this wont effect them unless they drop back to 5A. Haven't seen any predicted numbers for next realignment, but I know Lufkin has been on the bubble recently. Do you think they'll move back down next time?

Unfortunately for Lufkin, this wont effect them unless they drop back to 5A. Haven't seen any predicted numbers for next realignment, but I know Lufkin has been on the bubble recently. Do you think they'll move back down next time?

They're talking about doing the same for 6A and splitting divisions, which is why I mentioned us. As for moving back down, probably not. However, with certain places closing and people moving to the city because they don't have those jobs now, you never know. I think we'll always be on that bubble. I'm expecting to still be 6A in a few years though..

They're talking about doing the same for 6A and splitting divisions, which is why I mentioned us. As for moving back down, probably not. However, with certain places closing and people moving to the city because they don't have those jobs now, you never know. I think we'll always be on that bubble. I'm expecting to be 6A in a few years though..

Gotcha. I know they are only going to put it to a superintendent's vote for 5A this time. I'd imagine if it passes they'll consider it for 6A too, but that would be 2 realignments out.

I expect it to happen.

It' won't affect us much.....for now........ would toss us into a 5A Div II district looking like this....

Marshall

MP

SS

WH

Jax

Lindale

Hallsville

PT

I bet Greenville, Corsicana, and Ennis go back to the DFW areas....

Gotcha. I know they are only going to put it to a superintendent's vote for 5A this time. I'd imagine if it passes they'll consider it for 6A too, but that would be 2 realignments out.

I just noticed they already voted on it and it didn't pass. I saw that on Twitter.