Should Celina QB be Suspended ?

Hagar

I played for a man that would of collected my equipment . Sent me to the office for a schedule change and I'd be the only person in athletics period to get an F on my report card.

When you played, coaches were commended for honor and integrity... today you only get credit for winning... if that QB sits out a playoff game and they lose, everyone will blame the coach, not the kid who acted stupidly...

Again, 3 weeks is about right. Enough to make the kid miss playing, and short enough to save the season for Celina...

I am not justifying the QB's actions by any means... but man... some extremely harsh comments...so many comments about it being premeditated, and that he stomped the kids ankle...assault charges etc... I watched the video like 8 times.

First of all, I am pretty sure he didn't "premeditate" this awful decision... Premeditated would have required forethought, and I am pretty sure if he thought about beforehand he would have realized it was a stupid decision, and wouldn't have made the poor choice... with that be said... he is a KID... isn't that the definition of being a KID...This was totally a "heat of the moment" thing that was caught on film...What if the 100's of "assaults" that occur during the game on every down were caught on film and put on replay for all to see were put out there...if we had footage of the assaults inside of the pile... would we all be ready to tar and feather this kid...

From everything I have read...the kids ankle WAS NOT broken...he played the following week...Still a stupid mistake nonetheless... perhaps being the QB...whom we all expect to be level headed and make smart choices, we are holding this kid to higher standards... I am 100% sure that this type of "assualt" happens pretty much in every single play of the game...you just don't see it! These boys come off the field battered,bruised, and bleeding.

Should he be punished...YES! Should law enforcement be involved...NO.

That definitely would open the flood gates...and the entire game we love to be transformed to pretty much...FLAG FOOTBALL. I can hear it now... he hit my son too hard...Little Johnny suffered a concussion...ATTEMPTED MURDER it is...

We put our kids out there and teach them to play with intensity, and heart... from time to time they do something STUPID...yes I said STUPID..not criminal!

I do not agree with those of you saying that this kid should never play another game of football... that is STUPID!

Let Celina coaching staff handle the situation...Let this be a teaching moment to transform this kid into a young man...This does not define him!

I am not justifying the QB's actions by any means... but man... some extremely harsh comments...so many comments about it being premeditated, and that he stomped the kids ankle...assault charges etc... I watched the video like 8 times.

First of all, I am pretty sure he didn't "premeditate" this awful decision... Premeditated would have required forethought, and I am pretty sure if he thought about beforehand he would have realized it was a stupid decision, and wouldn't have made the poor choice... with that be said... he is a KID... isn't that the definition of being a KID...This was totally a "heat of the moment" thing that was caught on film...What if the 100's of "assaults" that occur during the game on every down were caught on film and put on replay for all to see were put out there...if we had footage of the assaults inside of the pile

I couldn't disagree with you more. The "kid" will never grow up to be a man if he doesn't have to answer for his actions.

I couldn't disagree with you more. The "kid" will never grow up to be a man if he doesn't have to answer for his actions.

+1000

We have to many in prison now that got aa slap on the wrist instead of true consequences. But that is what you get when you get the right to punish your kids taken away and given to big brother by the bleeding heart liberals.

First of all, I am pretty sure he didn't "premeditate" this awful decision... Premeditated would have required forethought, and I am pretty sure if he thought about beforehand he would have realized it was a stupid decision, and wouldn't have made the poor choice... with that be said... he is a KID... isn't that the definition of being a KID...This was totally a "heat of the moment" thing that was caught on film...What if the 100's of "assaults" that occur during the game on every down were caught on film and put on replay for all to see were put out there...if we had footage of the assaults inside of the pile... would we all be ready to tar and feather this kid...

From everything I have read...the kids ankle WAS NOT broken...he played the following week...Still a stupid mistake nonetheless... perhaps being the QB...whom we all expect to be level headed and make smart choices, we are holding this kid to higher standards... I am 100% sure that this type of "assualt" happens pretty much in every single play of the game...you just don't see it! These boys come off the field battered,bruised, and bleeding.

That definitely would open the flood gates...and the entire game we love to be transformed to pretty much...FLAG FOOTBALL. I can hear it now... he hit my son too hard...Little Johnny suffered a concussion...ATTEMPTED MURDER it is...

We put our kids out there and teach them to play with intensity, and heart... from time to time they do something STUPID...yes I said STUPID..not criminal!

I do not agree with those of you saying that this kid should never play another game of football... that is STUPID!

Let Celina coaching staff handle the situation...Let this be a teaching moment to transform this kid into a young man...This does not define him!

Good post. But you are in trouble now. I guess it's your turn to be "debunked" hAha

Young your fighting a losing battle. There is no half full or half empty in this glass house. I am glad he's getting a second chance to prove himself. I am sure the 3 weeks is only a small part of what he went through to get his position back. I hope he uses this to become a better person and will apply what he learned to life.

• Like 1

I am the first poster to use the term, " premeditation" in this thread; I never said he should be arrested, charged with a crime, OR Prosecuted... There was a comment where another poster said the QB "audibled" a play called "QB Stomp" which to Me implies premeditation. Having said all of this, My solution Did Not involve getting the Law involved, though I feel if the kid (who'se leg was stomped, broken or not)& his parents desired to press charges against the QB, that is THEIR business. I said let the kid's leg get back to normal & just let him beat the SNOT out of the QB. Off campus, of course!😋

I am the first poster to use the term, " premeditation" in this thread; I never said he should be arrested, charged with a crime, OR Prosecuted... There was a comment where another poster said the QB "audibled" a play called "QB Stomp" which to Me implies premeditation. Having said all of this, My solution Did Not involve getting the Law involved, though I feel if the kid (who'se leg was stomped, broken or not)& his parents desired to press charges against the QB, that is THEIR business. I said let the kid's leg get back to normal & just let him beat the SNOT out of the QB. Off campus, of course!😋

Seriously... you want to condone violence with violence... my post if you actually read...was in response to 8 pages of many comments...saying a myriad of things...

IMO... stomped would require him raising is knee up to his chest and thrusting his cleat onto kids ankle...he placed cleat on ankle. Lifted opposite foot off of ground and did a hop on kids ankle...was it wrong? ABSOLUTELY...should he be punished ABSOLUTELY Should he be crucified and humiliated by anyone with access to the Internet? HECK NO... As a parent EVERYONES KID makes STUPID mistakes...not all of those are caught on film (Thank God!) While a flagrant personal foul was not called (perhaps ref did not see it) The kid was suspended for a game...and I am sure he has deep regrets about making a split decision... and doing something extremely STUPID! NOT CRIMINAL! You can bet the footage was sent to UIL for review...and one game suspension was satisfactory to review board...

The awesome trolls will have a field day with pretty much anything... won't they?

But equating what this KID did with...PRISON... is utterly laughable!

• Like 1

Again that is not what that means. In your eyes everyone that pulls a trigger on someone is premeditated. So not case at all. You are really far off on this.

Def- done or made according to a plan. Planned in advance. The fact that you and the other guy are still stuck on that is mind blowing

The kid intercepted his pass, he thought how dare you intercept my pass, he sees the kid laying on the field, he walks over, and stomps his ankle. Premeditated, Case closed.
  • Like 1

Seriously... you want to condone violence with violence... my post if you actually read...was in response to 8 pages of many comments...saying a myriad of things...

IMO... stomped would require him raising is knee up to his chest and thrusting his cleat onto kids ankle...he placed cleat on ankle. Lifted opposite foot off of ground and did a hop on kids ankle...was it wrong? ABSOLUTELY...should he be punished ABSOLUTELY Should he be crucified and humiliated by anyone with access to the Internet? HECK NO... As a parent EVERYONES KID makes STUPID mistakes...not all of those are caught on film (Thank God!) While a flagrant personal foul was not called (perhaps ref did not see it) The kid was suspended for a game...and I am sure he has deep regrets about making a split decision... and doing something extremely STUPID! NOT CRIMINAL! You can bet the footage was sent to UIL for review...and one game suspension was satisfactory to review board...

The awesome trolls will have a field day with pretty much anything... won't they?

But equating what this KID did with...PRISON... is utterly laughable!

Do I think the kid who got his ankle stomped,( or whatever YOU want to call it) should get his chance to punch to QB while STANDING face to face, rather than being defenseless on the ground? Yes; Yes I Do! Maybe then, this kid will think TWICE before pulling another stupid stunt like he did in this case... Sorry if that's too violent for you, but Remember... You asked the question.
  • Like 1

Do I think the kid who got his ankle stomped,( or whatever YOU want to call it) should get his chance to punch to QB while STANDING face to face, rather than being defenseless on the ground? Yes; Yes I Do! Maybe then, this kid will think TWICE before pulling another stupid stunt like he did in this case... Sorry if that's too violent for you, but Remember... You asked the question.

The whole game is violent...when played correctly we are all entertained!

Do I think the boys should just duke it out... I really don't care! I am sure the player with the sore ankle has moved on... I am sure he has football on his mind...and could care less! Pretty sure if the kid was penalized at the time of incident (ejection from game) he would have been 100% satisfied...

Did the kid with the sore ankle continue to play... HECK YES! Why... because that is football...I am sure most players are extremely lucky all of the throat punches and junk grabs they commit aren't forever captured by game film...and blasted on social media for the washed up footballers to decide their fate!

I stand by my opinion on this...and will not be swayed! I do not see how ending football forever for this kid will teach him a lesson... OR even how branding him as a premeditated ankle stomper helps!

QB made STUPID mistake...QB was punished...END OF STORY!