BEST DB's in East TX?

RoughAndReady

No offense, but no one in Texas secondary is doing a good job at anything. Lol

As for the original question, technically is Thompson at Nac. But much like Miller at JT, he hasn't looked like 4 star talent apparently.

Best DB I've seen all year is actually Longview S Traveion Wesbster. Very dominant player.

Agree

Pack knows what he's talking about.

He saw Lufkin's non 4 star WR's smoke Nac's entire secondary Week 2.

Heck believe Malik Jackson had a field day on him.

From what I remember Malik and our fourth best receiver on the team, Ellington made him look silly most of that game. The sad part is he went up a star after that game. He's a solid special teams player though...

You still didn't answer my question.

Yes id take Savon Fields over Josh Thompson. Lufkin secondary as bad as it is when we wernt missing 2 starters. Still better then Nac secondary. Thompson the most over hyped kid in East Texas

I agree Josh Thompson going to fit right in at Texas along side the Gilmer DB Boyd who is good for a personal foul ever other game or just flat out stops covering during the middle of the route. Brandon Jones started 1 game and lasted about a quarter before getting yanked. Although I'm optimistic about Jones in the future. Boyd seems to have a attitude problem and can't control himself at times.

Now go tell the Gilmer fans shots fired

From what I remember Malik and our fourth best receiver on the team, Ellington made him look silly most of that game. The sad part is he went up a star after that game. He's a solid special teams player though...

They abused him nearly the entire game. Nac front 7 much better then the back 4

• Like 1

Yes id take Savon Fields over Josh Thompson. Lufkin secondary as bad as it is when we wernt missing 2 starters. Still better then Nac secondary. Thompson the most over hyped kid in East Texas

I agree Josh Thompson going to fit right in at Texas along side the Gilmer DB Boyd who is good for a personal foul ever other game or just flat out stops covering during the middle of the route. Brandon Jones started 1 game and lasted about a quarter before getting yanked. Although I'm optimistic about Jones in the future. Boyd seems to have a attitude problem and can't control himself at times.

And there you go....lmao. I tried to be nice to them, because they're always calling me a Nac hater(which is true, but that's past the point). I'm glad you told them the truth though. Very overrated Db. Don't know anything about Boyd, but he must not be that good, if the Gilmer d is giving up points like that. On the level of Lufkin. Like others have said, I would give it to that Webster kid from Longview. He's the main Db that I was worried about this season and we've played some very good teams.

And there you go....lmao. I tried to be nice to them, because they're always calling me a Nac hater(which is true, but that's past the point). I'm glad you told them the truth though. Very overrated Db. Don't know anything about Boyd, but he must not be that good, if the Gilmer d is giving up points like that. On the level of Lufkin. Like others have said, I would give it to that Webster kid from Longview. He's the main Db that I was worried about this season and we've played some very good teams.

We are talking about Kris Boyd at Texas. He has started some at corner for Texas this year. He has shown flashes of being good but other times just looks lost or does something stupid to get a flag.

We are talking about Kris Boyd at Texas. He has started some at corner for Texas this year. He has shown flashes of being good but other times just looks lost or does something stupid to get a flag.

Gotcha. All of them are terrible, although #14 at times make plays. I thought Kevin Vacarro would be better.

That's really nothing we didn't already know.

wow....Kid from Nac has a ton of offers. Maybe he ain't overrated but, not properly used. He could be out of position as far as what he will play in college. Could be the scheme, could be alot of things, but a kid with that many offers has to be doing something right. At least one would think so..lol.

wow....Kid from Nac has a ton of offers. Maybe he ain't overrated but, not properly used. He could be out of position as far as what he will play in college. Could be the scheme, could be alot of things, but a kid with that many offers has to be doing something right. At least one would think so..lol.

he will play corner in college....being used at safety to help keep him in the middle of the field. He has actually saved a few tds running ppl down after the corner on the other side gets beat. He is basically playing centerfield so offenses cant scheme him out of the game.

Most offenses stayed off of his side of the field, including lufkin. Most of the big plays against Nac have come on the opposite side of the field from him. He has made a few mistakes playing zone, since playing zone in highschool is mostly ineffective.