White Oak @ Jefferson

FootballFanatic16

Yes Jefferson does have a new starter at QB. It is the soph kid that has been rotating in and out the whole year. Had a good game for his first start and we are looking for good things from him in the future.

What happened to the starting QB, #1 Andre Boone?

Well if it turns out the other way just make sure you come get your crow. Jefferson hasn't had any athletes the last few years obviously....

They always have to athletes but have lacked the discipline. Last year they had injury problems and i can understand that, but they went 4 years putting the biggest and fastest kids on the field and still didn't win. I'm still curious about this Jefferson defense that's so good. Giving up 36 to Hughes Springs....
  • Like 1

DF has a few guys that are 4.6-4.3 so by that statement should I believe Jeffersons guys run faster times than that

And YES thats true, there's a few left that are in that range

What happened to the starting QB, #1 Andre Boone?

No longer with the team

They always have to athletes but have lacked the discipline. Last year they had injury problems and i can understand that, but they went 4 years putting the biggest and fastest kids on the field and still didn't win. I'm still curious about this Jefferson defense that's so good. Giving up 36 to Hughes Springs....

Out of curiousity how many yards did y'all give up to Sabine? I heard it was over 300, but I don't know how true that is. Btw...this years team is a little different than the past few, they're 6-2 for a reason and are 8pts from being 8-0. With that said they have struggled stopping quick qb's and rb's from the spread. I haven't seen WO play but if they're quick then Jefferson will struggle on D, but you won't outrun them! I've seen them play 4 games and they have a track team in the secondary that will run you down like a cheetah on a gazelle.

Out of curiousity how many yards did y'all give up to Sabine? I heard it was over 300, but I don't know how true that is. Btw...this years team is a little different than the past few, they're 6-2 for a reason and are 8pts from being 8-0. With that said they have struggled stopping quick qb's and rb's from the spread. I haven't seen WO play but if they're quick then Jefferson will struggle on D, but you won't outrun them! I've seen them play 4 games and they have a track team in the secondary that will run you down like a cheetah on a gazelle.

Y'all had trouble too. In defense of Sabine they just couldn't finish drives. Penalties and turnovers have been their biggest issue. We both gave up the same amount of points to them. Last week, against a very good Redwater team, WO may have given up 150 yards the entire game. Never said Jefferson didn't have speed, and i'll give Jefferson the respect they deserve for being 6-2, they've earned it. I just don't think Jefferson is ready for the physicality of our defense. Put that on display last week.

Against Sabine, over 60 yards was given up on their first play from scrimmage, an unexpected pass that caught the safety out of position. Another 110 yards was given up by the 2nd team in the 3rd and 4th quarter. In between, the WO defense gave up less than 100 yards. Also, WO's 2nd team offense scored two TDs, making the final score 62-8.

I wasn't at the game last week and haven't seen #8 run the ball yet, but does anyone know if he can run the ball out of the backfield on a run play. Has anyone seen the jv qb run the ball on a run play? I'm just curious if both backup qb's are a dual threat like #5 is?

I wasn't at the game last week and haven't seen #8 run the ball yet, but does anyone know if he can run the ball out of the backfield on a run play. Has anyone seen the jv qb run the ball on a run play? I'm just curious if both backup qb's are a dual threat like #5 is?

I've seen both of them play, and both are dual threat. Neither of them have quite the running ability Hood had, and #8 arm isn't as good. The JV QB can unload a bomb whenever and wherever he wants, but he's a sophomore with no varsity experience. I do believe White Oak has to great kids to pick from to replace Hood for a few weeks.

Has it been confirmed who gets the starting spot? It wouldn't be bad to let #8 continue to be a wr if the jv qb can step up. Does anyone have stats on the jv qb?

Won't know till game time, i guess.

Fortunately for W.O. the qb isn't the primary threat. The defense and offensive line deserve a lot of the credit after watching game film.

Very true and that point will show come friday. The O-line and D-line will make things happen.

Injury or discipline? Is #7 or #5 the sophomore, #7 is a pretty big kid and #5 is a speedster.

7 is the sophomore, he was just to timid and humble to play the position last year. That's who they've wanted AT QB all along with offensive scheme the OC wants to insert. Neither Boone is a good kid good grades..... Jefferson has had speed and size and have had since the beginning of time.

Going with the Dawgs in an upset over White Oak, Often people seem to get a little to cocky for their own good ! Then they usually get a wake up call!!

Yea so far this season white oak has gotten a wake up call to the smell of victory and the ride of the Valkyries tune.

Whose cocky?

Might as well be me to fill the cocky roll on here.