White Oak @ Jefferson

FootballFanatic16

Congrats to Jefferson. Wasn't there but heard it was a hard fought ball game. White Oak is disciplined, they just didn't avoid turnovers tonight. That isn't an excuse, it's simply a fact. From what i heard the back up started off well but struggled and the JV QB did well considering his lack of varsity experience. Take away a few of those turnovers, the pick six, and add a touchdown or two it's a totally different ballgame, but this game just allows White Oak to grow as a team and come back stronger next week. Again, congrats to the Bulldogs and goodluck the rest of the way.

• Like 1

Here for my serving of crow although I never picked a winner but had the Oak. Congrats to Jefferson; your kids played hard. Very impressed.

What I was not impressed with was that not only did our boys try to shake Jeff players hands before the coin toss but also afterwards. Jeff never shook their hands. Just keeping it real...very classlesd....

Here for my serving of crow although I never picked a winner but had the Oak. Congrats to Jefferson; your kids played hard. Very impressed.

What I was not impressed with was that not only did our boys try to shake Jeff players hands before the coin toss but also afterwards. Jeff never shook their hands. Just keeping it real...very classlesd....

Really, wow that's surely unsportsmanlike and a shame. Did all players not shake hands or just a select few?

This is just my opinion and its coming from a Winnsboro fan who was just there to enjoy a good game, but if Jefferson would utilize their guys even more than they did it would be scary. Its baffling to me how a team can call back to back timeouts TWICE in one game. I just couldnt believe it.

Who will WO face in round 1? I know Pottsboro and Sunnyvale and likely rd 2 and 3 opponents. Just gotta grind and survive till Hood returns.

I believe it will be Mt Vernon.

BULLDOGS WIN!!!!!!!

35-20

Its obvious the best QB in the district is #7THE SOPHOMORE

Wasn't Hood the Regular starter injured? Bulldogs got the W and can't take that away but Hood has played out of his mind all year he and Poppy Brown traded off for best QB stats wise this entire year. IJS

NO WHAT WAS DISRESPECTFUL WAS SPITTING ON THE J SO THE PLAYERS DIDN'T TAKE KIND TO THAT

Yea I heard that from parents that had kids walkout on the field for senior night. They said some of the players were standing at midfield on the J looking at Jefferson players and spitting on the J. It was multiple players too. Always 2 sides to a story...js
  • Like 2

If you are looking for buggers, u can find them at every game. This game was played by 2 teams that left everything out on the field. There was 1 unsportsmanlike penalty against both teams on the same play and that's gonna happen with the intensity level so high. Stop looking for ways to put the other team in a bad way. Congratulations to both teams for a very hard fought battle.

• Like 3

Yea I heard that from parents that had kids walkout on the field for senior night. They said some of the players were standing at midfield on the J looking at Jefferson players and spitting on the J. It was multiple players too. Always 2 sides to a story...js

Well I don't know either side to the story but my momma always said two wrongs don't make a right.

Who will WO face in round 1? I know Pottsboro and Sunnyvale and likely rd 2 and 3 opponents. Just gotta grind and survive till Hood returns.

White Oak if they beat NB will take seed 2 and likely face Vernon. Round two would likely put white oak against Pottsboro, round three would likely be against Sunnyvale, round four would be mineola or perhaps Jefferson if they are still playing. That's just a likely scenario though with hood out who knows what may happen.

This is just my opinion and its coming from a Winnsboro fan who was just there to enjoy a good game, but if Jefferson would utilize their guys even more than they did it would be scary. Its baffling to me how a team can call back to back timeouts TWICE in one game. I just couldnt believe it.

I believe it will be Mt Vernon.

I could be wrong, but to me it seemed as though both incidents occurred when Jefferson was deep in defensive territory, facing 3rd down and had 12 men on the field.

Well I don't know either side to the story but my momma always said two wrongs don't make a right.

It's over with now. Both teams played extremely hard and gave it their all and both teams shook hands after the game. Who knows, they may very well see each other again in a few weeks. Good luck to both teams!
  • Like 1

I could be wrong, but to me it seemed as though both incidents occurred when Jefferson was deep in defensive territory, facing 3rd down and had 12 men on the field.

Maybe so but if you call a timeout to me theres absolutely no reason that you should have to call another one right behind it. Seemed like there was alot of confusion and plays were taking too long to be relayed in.

• Like 1

Maybe so but if you call a timeout to me theres absolutely no reason that you should have to call another one right behind it. Seemed like there was alot of confusion and plays were taking too long to be relayed in.

Exactly right. Offensively, Jefferson uses the majority of the play clock before the snap. Never seen the defensive plays come in like that though!!! They had a lot of trouble subbing last night and the left side line seemed confused as to who they should be listening to! Not sure what happened, but the boys were able to overcome the confusion and pull out the W. It was a nerve-rattling game. I know my voice is very rough this morning from all the cheering. That offensive speed is so impressive though. GO DAWGS!!

I just saw this, after the games once the White Oak players leave the field they don't return. I've been a part of the system and graduated from it. If that is true, the men who were involved will be punished. Believe me. That isn't White Oak.