2016-17 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread

Coach Rab

As usual, we normally use 1 thread for all things basketball unless its something that deserves a separate thread...

I know there are high expectations for the Horns, probably for the Aggies, LSU will be wayyyyy down (not like they were that great with the best player in college basketball last year), and I have no idea about OU, TCU and the others...

Watching the Orange/White Longhorn scrimmage, and I will say that the court looks terrible with the Volleyball court on it right now...

The Orange/White scrimmage was at Gregory gym, where the volleyball team plays. That's why it looked weird lol. The basketball team normally plays at the Frank Erwin Center.

The Horns have a pretty good team this year, a lot of really talented freshmen. They will be a tournament team and that's probably it. I do like what Shaka is doing with that program.

Aside from being a diehard Longhorn, I've been a Duke basketball fan (mainly because of Coach K) all of my life and follow them closely year around. They are number 1 and like always they will be talented, well coached, and very hard to beat.

I think the SEC is gonna be tougher this yr for Cal and the crew, but I did like what I saw out of Briscoe and Bam during the pro day and scrimmage. Fox and Monk gonna surprise some folks this yr. This years team resembles the squad that got to the Elite8 few years ago with Wall and Boogie.

I think these teams will battle it out for the SEC Regular Season title this yr:

UK

Aggy

Georgia

Florida

-----------------

Darkhorses:

Alabama and Arkansas

Those two darkhorses are probably a year away, both have some early class of 2018 commits that will contribute a bunch.

Should be a fun year, for sure in Lex, but in the SEC overall.

As usual, we normally use 1 thread for all things basketball unless its something that deserves a separate thread...

I know there are high expectations for the Horns, probably for the Aggies, LSU will be wayyyyy down (not like they were that great with the best player in college basketball last year), and I have no idea about OU, TCU and the others...

Watching the Orange/White Longhorn scrimmage, and I will say that the court looks terrible with the Volleyball court on it right now...

As was stated earlier the orange/white game is played at the Greg, which is home to the volleyball team.

I hope A&M has a few good years . Last year was awesome but with that expectations should be more. Too bad the Ags can't play Texas again like last year.

They will, trust me. This was the yr I thought they would definitely be in the Final Four, without Caldwell it may be a lil tougher, Gilder is good dont get me wrong but Caldwell is a better overall PG.

Texas should be interesting to watch. Their OOC schedule is much weaker than in years past but I like it because this team is going to need to build its confidence before Big 12 play.

I'm curious to see how Smart utilizes an obvious one and done in Jarrett Allen.

They will, trust me. This was the yr I thought they would definitely be in the Final Four, without Caldwell it may be a lil tougher, Gilder is good dont get me wrong but Caldwell is a better overall PG.

Missing Caldwell does hurt. They needed him badly because the do not have a true pg on the team.

Missing Caldwell does hurt. They needed him badly because the do not have a true pg on the team.

I forget the kid name but it was one more guy yall were suppose to have this yr that didnt qualify. Corprew I think his last name is. He from the east coast if I remember right. Not sure if he was a guard or not.

SFA souped up THEIR schedule.......

That they did. First game of the Year is at Rupp against Kentucky. Really wish I could go see that one.

SFA will be very good again, but will have to fins someone that can replace Walkup on and off the court. The talent is there for another SLC title. Curious about the new coach and what he will bring to the table. Already impressing me on the recruiting trail, but what he does on the court counts most...

That they did. First game of the Year is at Rupp against Kentucky. Really wish I could go see that one.

SFA will be very good again, but will have to fins someone that can replace Walkup on and off the court. The talent is there for another SLC title. Curious about the new coach and what he will bring to the table. Already impressing me on the recruiting trail, but what he does on the court counts most...

Aint winning that one. But will be an experience nonetheless. :)