2016-17 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread

Coach Rab

SFA Non-Conference:

11/04/16 vs.Huston-Tillotson (Exhibition)

11/11/16 at Kentucky

11/15/16 vs.Longwood

11/18/16 vs.Northeastern State

11/28/16 at Louisiana-Monroe

12/01/16 at Arkansas

12/03/16 vs.Centenary College

12/07/16 vs.UAB

12/10/16 at Rice

12/18/16 vs. LSU-Shreveport

Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic

12/22/16 vs.Tulsa Tulsa Honolulu, Hawaii

12/23/16 Southern Miss/San Diego State Honolulu, Hawaii

12/25/16 TBD Honolulu, Hawaii

Better, but can't get anyone decent to come to Nac. Still trying to talk my wife into heading to Honolulu for Christmas...I'll look up the TV listings, but something like 24 or 27 of SFA's 30 games are to be televised.

• Like 1

Are you a die-hard Kentucky fan or do you root for Arkansas basketball. You don't run into guys who root for different teams like that unless your a band wagon ( I assume your aren't).

For the 30th year: look per Twitter, I dont explain anymore to dummies, I assume you not one. ;)

Ppl I grew up with know what it is.

Aint winning that one. But will be an experience nonetheless. :)

Oh I know. Young team and new coach against a top program with superior talent. Keep it within 30 and ill be good with that one. Just don't want anything demoralizing that could hurt the team in the long run.
  • Like 1

Oh I know. Young team and new coach against a top program with superior talent. Keep it within 30 and ill be good with that one. Just don't want anything demoralizing that could hurt the team in the long run.

Within 30? Lol trust me, it'll be a game, UK will win, but SFA is no cupcake..

Preseason Associated Press College Basketball Poll

1. Duke (58 first-place votes)

2. Kentucky (2)

3. Kansas

4. Villanova (4)

5. Oregon (1)

6. North Carolina

7. Xavier

8. Virginia

9. Wisconsin

10. Arizona

11. Indiana

12. Michigan State

13. Louisville

14. Gonzaga

15. Purdue

16. UCLA

17. Saint Mary's

18. UConn

19. Syracuse

20. West Virginia

21. Texas

22. Creighton

23. Rhode Island

24. Iowa State

25. Maryland

Dont be. Villanova or Kansas should be #1 and you see where they are. Dont be shocked if Aggy wins the SEC again if they beat UK last game of the season while staying healthy throughout the year.

This years team will be much different than last years. The season will all depend on how effectively they can get the ball inside. They won't anyone like House who can drive to the paint and score or kick out. They will have to rely on good ball movement and I'm not sure if they will have that with no true PG on the roster since Caldwell is out.

Got a dumb question. Is basketball ball like football you pay the FCs team to come play. Ex : A&M pays new mexico or prairie view. I kinda like to see Sfa vs A&M matchups ect... if not does the venue matter could sfa call up tech, A&M for a game in nac

Yes but not nearly the same price tag :)

Got a dumb question. Is basketball ball like football you pay the FCs team to come play. Ex : A&M pays new mexico or prairie view. I kinda like to see Sfa vs A&M matchups ect... if not does the venue matter could sfa call up tech, A&M for a game in nac

Paycheck isn't as nice, and a lot more on the line. SFA is a mid-major with a pulse. Most schools like A&M don't want to risk the loss to a mid-major, while gaining nothing by beating them.

Paycheck isn't as nice, and a lot more on the line. SFA is a mid-major with a pulse. Most schools like A&M don't want to risk the loss to a mid-major, while gaining nothing by beating them.

This to a T. Big boys don't mind playing the small guys that they'll steamroll. But VERY few want any part of SFA right now.

• Like 1

This to a T. Big boys don't mind playing the small guys that they'll steamroll. But VERY few want any part of SFA right now.

To add to that, there starting to be recruiting implications for an in-state team to fall to someone like SFA. Starting to see head-to-heads pop up. One recently only for both schools to lose him to LSU

I was just trying to see who would bite, no harm, I think it'll be a closer game than ppl think about it.

It looks like we will have everyone back from injury that missed the exhibition, which will be a very nice boost. Only suited up eight for that one. Now I have to choose PAM/Porter or watch UK/SFA somewhere
  • Like 1

It looks like we will have everyone back from injury that missed the exhibition, which will be a very nice boost. Only suited up eight for that one. Now I have to choose PAM/Porter or watch UK/SFA somewhere

Im recording the UK game, im headed to see our boys ball tonight over in Porter.