Best playoff venues

nacdragon07

New Caney and Royce City. I also like the Mesquite stadiums.

Carthage is one of my lease favorite stadiums to go to, as far as on the visitor side. Yes they have a big video score board but they have one small gate for visitors to come through or exit. That same gate is where you buy tickets to get in the game, so if you already have tickets you still wait in line. The restrooms continue to mess up and the concession lines are way to clustered. The worst part of it is it takes forever to get out of the parking lot, especially if you are on the visitors side. If you are in the lot closest to the visitors gate, and the stadium is full, might as well be prepared to wait 45 minutes to an hour to get out on the highway. I could see where the stadium would be good for smaller schools, but not for a larger school playoff game that will have a large crowd.

The Berry Center (Cy-Fair ISD)

Allen Eagle Stadium

Vernon Newsome Stadium (Manfield)

Waco ISD

Jon Kincaid Stadium (Dallas)

Midlothian Stadium

Some of my personal favorites through the years that may get overlooked by some......

Pennington Field (Bedford)

Cotton Bowl

Homer B Johnson (Garland)

Rice Stadium (outstanding place to see a game!)

John Clark (Plano)

Pennington gives me a bad vibe. Maybe because Henderson is 0-2 there including a semi-final loss in 2011.

Well there goes one of the jumbotrons that small schools would love to see their selves on. Why the not hosting this year? Upgrades to that killer stadium?

Jumbotron workers and equipment take up a lot of space that originally was open for other things. Not complaining about the Jumbotron, just telling why the press box is needing expansion.

Years ago a kid was lost through the bleachers and wasn't found till 2 quarters later. Y'all must have seriously upgraded.

If not, next thing you be saying is to use Henderson and Diboll have excellent stadiums and also valets to park cars for free.

Finishing 4th season in a new facility (3rd full season in fieldhouse and everything else to go with it). Ought to look it up. Quite nice. Have hosted games each of the last three years.

Be nice if someone would send Atlanta a little money where they could build a decent stadium.

They are in a prime location to host some games but stadium not inviting.

They probably put grass in a new one because rabbits eat grass.

And not making the playoff they would have the whole staff to help host.

If the Hraiser wasn't so busy surfing the internet he could head up this project.

With Gladewater's new jumbo-tron it'll be interesting to see if we get to play host to more playoff games.... I would think 2A and maybe even 3A could fit their fans in our stadium rather comfortably... maybe some 3A schools would be cramped on visitor side though...

With Gladewater's new jumbo-tron it'll be interesting to see if we get to play host to more playoff games.... I would think 2A and maybe even 3A could fit their fans in our stadium rather comfortably... maybe some 3A schools would be cramped on visitor side though...

The Murph has been hosting playoff games forever.

Except your playing surface may be the worst surface in east Texas.

I dont own the stadium or make the decision on when to replace the turf.... it does however in my opinion need to be replaced

Really you don't? Who would've thunk it.

Seriously though, it's terrible. Personally instead of resurfacing the track and putting up the new scoreboard I'd have been interested in getting that turf replaced. Just putting lipstick on a pig until that happens. Which is a shame because it's a good stadium.