Week Eleven: Longview vs Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-2) vs Mesquite Skeeters (3-6)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

"In what world was the UIL in when they formed this region??? It makes NO geographical sense. Dallas area, East Texas, Austin, Houston, and Beaumont???? "

It could be much worse. A few years ago a El Paso team had to travel to DFW to play SouthLake Carroll in a 2nd round game. That's a 12hr trip for a home you know your going to lose.

They lost!!!! So I guess Rockwall should be champs?

Won by 14 and we fumbled at the 1

I'm looking at wat I saw on the field. Yes JT lost to Rockwall. And we escaped Rockwall. I sat on the JT side and just like it was never any doubt that we were not gonna lose to Rockwall Horn Lee North or Heath...JT had that same confidence bout our game. Even doe the score was close throughout...I saw right off the rip we wasn't gonna beat them. JT is playing the best ball in our district head and shoulders

In what world was the UIL in when they formed this region??? It makes NO geographical sense. Dallas area, East Texas, Austin, Houston, and Beaumont????

I'm sorry.... but SE Texas should be region III. I can somewhat wrap my head around Austin being in the region....but ideally....region II shouldn't go south of Temple/Killeen........ JMHO. Anything south of there should be in region IV.

It's like they purposely make region II as backwards and as difficult as they can make it. Meanwhile.... a half decent team can waltz to the semis in region IV especially.

I don't mind it personally. I like new match ups, even though there's a lot of travel.

I'm more than fine with this knowing that Lake Travis and company got sent to the other of the bracket.

In what world was the UIL in when they formed this region??? It makes NO geographical sense. Dallas area, East Texas, Austin, Houston, and Beaumont????

I'm sorry.... but SE Texas should be region III. I can somewhat wrap my head around Austin being in the region....but ideally....region II shouldn't go south of Temple/Killeen........ JMHO. Anything south of there should be in region IV.

It's like they purposely make region II as backwards and as difficult as they can make it. Meanwhile.... a half decent team can waltz to the semis in region IV especially.

I agree, I think the Austin Schools should be in the region 4, because the San Antonio schools got it very easy...BUT.. the lines have to be drawn somewhere. You take out the Austin schools, you got to replace them with someone. The problem is that there are only 2 West texas districts. One in El Paso and one for the Midland/Odessa/Lubbock/Amarillo schools. So you have to include Ft Worth and some other metroplex districts for Region 1 to fill it up. Back in the day when you had 2 El Paso districts and 2 West Texas Districts, the regions were divided in a better way IMO.

"In what world was the UIL in when they formed this region??? It makes NO geographical sense. Dallas area, East Texas, Austin, Houston, and Beaumont???? "

It could be much worse. A few years ago a El Paso team had to travel to DFW to play SouthLake Carroll in a 2nd round game. That's a 12hr trip for a home you know your going to lose.

They played in DFW?! Not Midland/Odessa, or even Abilene, but DFW? How did that happen?

Lobo07, help me out, what do you guys have coming back next yr?

I just see all these anti King post. You guys lost probably 75% of your team from last yr, and you guys are probably at the worst finish in 3rd place, but more than likely share or win the district title. You lost to JT and Luf, but look what both teams had coming back. and look at all the teams yall beat in district that had much more returning than the Lobos. King has done an outstanding job, and I think yall have a ton of players back next yr. I know yall will have a new QB, and it may take some games to get adjusted, but over the next 3 or so yrs, the Lobos should have an outstanding team.