Week Eleven: Longview vs Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-2) vs Mesquite Skeeters (3-6)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

The last problem with the A&M Consolidated game was our offense....

We had over 400 yards of it, including over 200 yards passing.

Our issue was defense that day (and the two turnovers that went for scores).

Lobofan84 liquored me up.... and I was making bad decisions that night in Shreveport.

She did it on purpose.

If I recall correctly...................

You are the ONLY one with an adult beverage that day at Superior. If I had anything alcoholic that day, I would still be in the Shreveport jail. Those Lufkin people were vicious, I had to defend our honor!!!

• Like 1

You are the ONLY one with an adult beverage that day at Superior. If I had anything alcoholic that day, I would still be in the Shreveport jail. Those Lufkin people were vicious, I had to defend our honor!!!

Oh lord, here we go...

Yeah! They were awful!

They asked if we had ever been to Superior before and if Neville was any good.

Vicious. Lmao

How would you know? You were liquored up and trying to scarf down crawfish enchiladas. I was scared for my life with those big ol Lufkin men trying to talk smack to me!!

Yeah! They were awful!

They asked if we had ever been to Superior before and if Neville was any good.

Vicious. Lmao 😂😂😂

Smh....it seems someone was still mad after that Abe beat down that year. I'm not in it though!! This ain't none of my business lol

You guys resemble Stepford Wives when it comes to King, everything is good after you finish the season going two or three deep. Parents spending thousands of dollars,Paying for gas, hotel rooms and food. Only to ask question on the way home after a heart breaking lost why did he do that ?.

Wiki Definition Stepford Wife:

Conform Blindly to an person with no opinion to the contrary !!!!!!!

You guys resemble Stepford Wives when it comes to King, everything is good after you finish the season going two or three deep. Parents spending thousands of dollars,Paying for gas, hotel rooms and food. Only to ask question on the way home after a heart breaking lost why did he do that ?.

Problem is, do you risk losing the 3/4 deep every year and sometimes 5/6 deep for an unknown coach that could easily turn us into what Marshall went through or even worse, what Lufkin has become with losing in round 1 every season minus the off year they get further?

I mean, that's fine and dandy, but his "opinions to the contrary" were stated as fact yet were completely untrue. As they are most of the time. And when contradicted, it turns into a poor straw man argument of people saying "WELL I GUESS KING IS PERFECT THEN".

I wonder how parents used to feel when we only made the playoffs five times a decade, going more than 2 rounds deep only once or twice.

Problem is, do you risk losing the 3/4 deep every year and sometimes 5/6 deep for an unknown coach that could easily turn us into what Marshall went through or even worse, what Lufkin has become with losing in round 1 every season minus the off year they get further?

No. We need Nick Saban. And since we're the most loyal fanbase in all of Texas with the most talent of any team in Texas, he should be able to get him easily. ;)

I kid, I kid.

I mean, that's fine and dandy, but his "opinions to the contrary" were stated as fact yet were completely untrue. As they are most of the time. And when contradicted, it turns into a poor straw man argument of people saying "WELL I GUESS KING IS PERFECT THEN".

I wonder how parents used to feel when we only made the playoffs five times a decade, going more than 2 rounds deep only once or twice.

Just ask that generation now. Cox and Bero are still viewed as better coaches than King despite their teams losing and struggling against competition they had no business struggling against (1-9/0-10 teams nearly beating us, constantly losing in first or second round the second they go to against good competition)

Just ask that generation now. Cox and Bero are still viewed as better coaches than King despite their teams losing and struggling against competition they had no business struggling against (1-9/0-10 teams nearly beating us, constantly losing in first or second round the second they go to against good competition)

Smh

I will admit that now with 4 teams making the playoffs, it's "watered down" a bit. But we've never made the playoffs as the 4 seed and that really only "waters it down" for the first round when we've played 2-8 teams like Adams.

Man, that 1998 team... Beat Duncanville BAD (who ended up winning state that year) but couldn't get past Marshall, Lee, or JT. And barely beat Lufkin.

Smh

I will admit that now with 4 teams making the playoffs, it's "watered down" a bit. But we've never made the playoffs as the 4 seed and that really only "waters it down" for the first round when we've played 2-8 teams like Adams.

Man, that 1998 team... Beat Duncanville BAD (who ended up winning state that year) but couldn't get past Marshall, Lee, or JT. And barely beat Lufkin.

1990 was just as bad. Started super hot, started getting votes in the poll, beat a couple of ranked squads while blowing everyone out. Lose one and the bottom completely falls out. Barely show a pulse the rest of the season.

I don't think he wants Coach King gone (I'd highly disagree with him if he did) but is acknowledging that Coach King isn't perfect (something he'd agree with himself). And is possibly a bit annoyed because he sees some of those things as easily being fixed.

Did JT fans really complain about Allen Wilson? I thought he left JT for Carter, wasn't run out.

He was ran out of Tyler. A lot people didn't like him.

That's how I recall it.... we could not make him stop.... You know how those Mav fans are.... lol

How would you know? You were liquored up and trying to scarf down crawfish enchiladas. I was scared for my life with those big ol Lufkin men trying to talk smack to me!!

God, I miss their crawfish enchiladas... and the Superior in Birmingham is trash compared to the one in Shreveport.

That's how I recall it.... we could not make him stop.... You know how those Mav fans are.... lol

please... if you listen to rumors coming out of DFW, Mav fans can't afford alcohol because of their nicotine addiction. Also heard a rumor of someone proposing a bill to rename Marshall "Malboro"

He was ran out of Tyler. A lot people didn't like him.

I wouldn't say that. It was a little more complicated than that.

#1.Wilson had a personal incident (that I will not disclose) that probably made his time limited in Tyler a 2-3 yrs before he left. Im sure it made his family uncomfortable.

#2.Wilson lost to Lee 3 times in a row, after beating Lee 5 straight times...with 4 being blowouts. It wasn't the fact that they lost, it was that at least 2 of those teams were better.

#3.The Wing-T offense was getting old. The spread was starting to become popular, and fans were growing restless with no passing...and the predictable offense. His last yr was a very disappointing yr, because that team was very talented and had alot of returning players from a team that went to state. Heck they beat Katy first game of the season, but didn't make the playoffs.

#4. On top of #1-3, I believe his wife got a job in the DFW area too. Not sure if she got it first, but I was told she did...which pretty much meant he was leaving too.

I think his time pretty much ran its course. Wilson is still popular among the fan base and will always be. I guess it was time to move on.

Didn't realize that, wow.

I always figured he knew what was coming up the pipeline and got out of there.

I doubt that seriously. They had alot of talent after he left. The coaching wasn't good, thats why they went downhill, but there were several guys that went Div.1 after he left.