MavGrad's Week 9 Preview (2016)

Coach Rab

TEAMS WE WATCH

Thursday

#12 Oklahoma at Iowa St 6:30 ESPN

Not a lot to say here. OU.

Saturday

#7 Texas A&M at Mississippi St 11:00 SECN

I don't really expect this to be much of a game. A&M should win something like 40-16ish...

Texas at Texas Tech 11:00 FS1

Texas showed some real grit in the 2nd half of game against Baylor on offense and defense. Besides some of the huge running plays for Baylor, Texas really played as good of Defense as you can against Baylor. This was once a question for me, but now I think Texas wins this one by 2 scores.

#1 Alabama at #15 LSU 7:00 CBS

As it is every year, THE GAME OF THE CENTURY IS BACK! LSU's ability to throw the ball will dictate this game. Bama will be in man the entire way... If Etling gets time to throw, this game will be close. My homer brain says LSU in a huge upset, but reality says Bama by 14.

OTHER GAMES TO WATCH

#9 Nebraska at #6 Ohio State 7:00 ABC

I hope Nebraska decimates Ohio St... But I expect the exact opposite to happen. Buckeyes by 20...

Thursday night in Ames has to make OU a little nervous.

Miss St is complete garbage.

Can Texas win on the road? Will Mahommes play?

There is a RUMOR floating around a Texas site that says Gary Patterson to LSU is a lock.

Ohio st hasn't played well the last 2 but I think Nebraska is fools gold!

Thursday night in Ames has to make OU a little nervous.

Miss St is complete garbage.

Can Texas win on the road? Will Mahommes play?

There is a RUMOR floating around a Texas site that says Gary Patterson to LSU is a lock.

Ohio st hasn't played well the last 2 but I think Nebraska is fools gold!

If Patterson goes to LSU, I will still make fun of his fat ###.

• Like 1

Sounds like Jalen Hurd wants to be a head coach and not a football player... He should quit the team and focus on that Kinesiology degree so he can start as a Jr High football coach and work his way up to High School head coach. Maybe if he is lucky, someone will sign him to a college RB coach and he can create a new innovative offense that would feature his running back skills and promote him to Offensive Coordinator. After winning 3 National Titles as OC, he will get his dream job as HC at Eastern Washington. He will win several COnference championships going 7-5 on the regular and finally land that big gig as HC at Kansas. After he turns them around, then he can come back and show Tennessee how its done. However, he will be like 60 when he reaches that point, and everyone he is trying to show will be dead....

Good luck entitled sissy liberal Running back.

He wont be the last one to leave either. Also I believe there was another player that left the team as well, Hurd is just the high profile player transferring. Kinda figured there was some smoke rising right after the Georgia game. Butch says he was "injured" and thats why he wasn't going to play versus A&M, bs to me, I think (along with some diehard Vols I know) Butch used that excuse as punishment for the boneheaded play he had in that game versus Georgia and add in the loss to South Carolina over the weekend and look where we are with this here "little" issue, I say little cause Butch seems fine with it in the public eye, I reckon he's a bit #### in private by this situation happening right after a loss to Muschamp. I dont blame him for leaving, if you wanna blame someone blame the NCAA for allowing transfers like this particular situation to happen.

If Patterson is going to leave then he needs to do it now.

The longer he is mediocre at TCU the more of his shine is off.

Agree, but not sure why Patterson would ever leave. He's basically built that program. If he just continues to coast the way he has, he'll never be under pressure to do better. It's a perfect situation for him. Plus, if a few recruiting breaks go his way, he might have at least a couple Big XII titles and/or breakthrough top 5 finishes. If I were him I'd just status quo it 'til retirement and be a legend in Fort Worth.

Sounds like Jalen Hurd wants to be a head coach and not a football player... He should quit the team and focus on that Kinesiology degree so he can start as a Jr High football coach and work his way up to High School head coach. Maybe if he is lucky, someone will sign him to a college RB coach and he can create a new innovative offense that would feature his running back skills and promote him to Offensive Coordinator. After winning 3 National Titles as OC, he will get his dream job as HC at Eastern Washington. He will win several COnference championships going 7-5 on the regular and finally land that big gig as HC at Kansas. After he turns them around, then he can come back and show Tennessee how its done. However, he will be like 60 when he reaches that point, and everyone he is trying to show will be dead....

Good luck entitled sissy liberal Running back.

I didn't know he had 2 kids already. YIKES!

I'm a likely All-Big XII (potential All-American) standout athlete on a Top 20 team, who stands to end his collegiate career with numerous honors and a high NFL draft pick, where I have a good shot at being a quality dual-threat making millions of dollars in salary and endorsements.

Here, let me #### all that away by disrespecting a rent-a-cop over a parking ticket.

l9zKYHF.gif

I don't get it. I just don't get it.