MavGrad's Week 9 Preview (2016)

Coach Rab

Haha awesome to see the haters come out of the woodwork last week and this. A&M didn't lose by 30. And lost with a beat up team with half of our playmakers hurt. If that's what it takes for fans of a team who got blown out by a midmajor to come talk smack, I guess more power to you?

A&M will drop to 12 or so. Just hope Knight is okay and we can beat Ole Miss... If we get some of the injured secondary and DL back. That would put us 9-2 into the LSU game.

I was one who voiced my opinion that they shouldn't have been #4. It wasn't because I was hating, I just truly didn't believe they were the 4th best team in the country (I had them at 7).

That said, I thought Hubenak was pretty good. I actually thought he should've been the starter at the start of the season. Obviously, they haven't been hurt at all by him not starting, but I think he is a very capable backup if Knight is out for any period of time.

Who prided themselves on a quality loss? Why are you making stuff up now?

Also, Houston isn't top 10 after the blowout loss to SMU. Aren't you the one who says we should judge teams by where they end up, not where they were ranked at the time? You said time and time again to do that for the South Carolina game and such... Hilarious that the tune changed THAT quickly!

A&M was bragging about their quality loss to Bama since Tuesday and basically after every loss since joining the SEC.

Houston still probably better than Miss State...but okay..

I was one who voiced my opinion that they shouldn't have been #4. It wasn't because I was hating, I just truly didn't believe they were the 4th best team in the country (I had them at 7).

That said, I thought Hubenak was pretty good. I actually thought he should've been the starter at the start of the season. Obviously, they haven't been hurt at all by him not starting, but I think he is a very capable backup if Knight is out for any period of time.

His mobility was tough for Aggies to adjust doing without. That one play in the red zone before the missed FG...Knight might have shook the defender and scored.

I agreed, and said that had UW won out, they should be ahead regardless. I felt like A&M would lost another game but thought it would be to LSU. Seven may be around where we end up, but right now it'll probably drop us to 12 or so... Which I would've been happy with at the beginning of this season but am down over after that big start.

HUbenak was good, just got going a little too late. We wasted the entire 3rd quarter getting him ready and up to speed, something you cna't do when trying to overcome a 3 TD deficit. :/

A&M was bragging about their quality loss to Bama since Tuesday and basically after every loss since joining the SEC.

Houston still probably better than Miss State...but okay..

His mobility was tough for Aggies to adjust doing without. That one play in the red zone before the missed FG...Knight might have shook the defender and scored.

No, see after that Bama loss everyone was disappointed. People only "bragged" about it because they were being compared to Ohio State.

I was sold on A&M... thought their D was good enough with LSU being down and The rest of the west falling....

However, they got beat down by the Ms St QB... they could move the ball until the late 2nd quarter... they got dominated by a lesser team.

Sumlin should be fired *wink*

And no, they will not lose to Ole Miss unless they come out flat and they better drop further than 12 after this loss...

Haha awesome to see the haters come out of the woodwork last week and this. A&M didn't lose by 30. And lost with a beat up team with half of our playmakers hurt. If that's what it takes for fans of a team who got blown out by a midmajor to come talk smack, I guess more power to you?

A&M will drop to 12 or so. Just hope Knight is okay and we can beat Ole Miss... If we get some of the injured secondary and DL back. That would put us 9-2 into the LSU game.

Hey JF why doesn't Daylon Mack get more playing time?

And man their LB play is terrible. I'm not a closet fan hater but this game should't have been that close.

IMO 2 things got to them injuries and seeing their ranking spot. If Knight and Garrett are hurt for any extended time it could be bad.

Hey JF why doesn't Daylon Mack get more playing time?

And man their LB play is terrible. I'm not a closet fan hater but this game should't have been that close.

IMO 2 things got to them injuries and seeing their ranking spot. If Knight and Garrett are hurt for any extended time it could be bad.

As much as I have read, he just hasn't earned it. Take this this with a grain of salt, but A&M was supposed to have a loaded D-Line and they try to keep guys fresh. Keke and Henderson seem to get the bulk of the snaps. I see Chevis, a converted LB, on the field more than Mack. Mack has his moments when in and also has his hiccups. I honestly thinks he does his own thing too much and doesn't play his technique which is another reason for our mediocre LB play.

So much for the so-called "2nd best defense in college football", lol! Hogs beat #11 Florida 31-10! Dominated from start to finish. Arkansas defense looked great today!

Remember when people on here were saying Florida would win the Big 12? Lol Once again, completely overrated
  • Like 1

Remember when people on here were saying Florida would win the Big 12? Lol Once again, completely overrated

They had 12 yards rushing today, they looked like they would be a layup in the Big12 today. I felt we would win but I didnt think it would be in this dominating fashion on defense today. We did to them what they did to Georgia, the SEC East is trash.