MavGrad's Week 9 Preview (2016)

Coach Rab

I'm listening to it on WWL out of New Orleans.....870 AM........I love the way it's being announced....... :)

More and more, I'm finding myself muting the tv and listening to the radio broadcast of college football games.

While I don't totally agree with db on the "horrible offenses", I do think the playcalling for LSU went downhill in the 2nd half. The first half, they tried to open it up with the pass, it sort of worked, but stopped by a great defense. Then in the 2nd half, it became predictable... I would like to see some play-action crossing routes out of that I formation instead of the same old predictable stuff. Fournette is not going to have a career game... I would like to see Guice carry it more... he seems to have a little more burst...

The LSU defense has been fantastic. I hope to see more of it in the 2nd half.

While I don't totally agree with db on the "horrible offenses", I do think the playcalling for LSU went downhill in the 2nd half. The first half, they tried to open it up with the pass, it sort of worked, but stopped by a great defense. Then in the 2nd half, it became predictable... I would like to see some play-action crossing routes out of that I formation instead of the same old predictable stuff. Fournette is not going to have a career game... I would like to see Guice carry it more... he seems to have a little more burst...

The LSU defense has been fantastic. I hope to see more of it in the 2nd half.

Second half hasn't happened yet. If the playcalling gets any worse in the second half it'll be non existent. the offense is using so many tight formations that Bama is basically playing a loaded box most plays. Go 4 wide more often and try to get the playmakers in space. At least try to stretch the field vertically too