BASEBALL TRIVIA

cheaptrick77

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the first major league baseball player to earn the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award in both the American League and the National League?

Frank Robinson won the MVP in 1961 while with the first real "Big Red Machine" and then after he switched over to the AL he won the MVP in 1966 with the Baltimore Orioles.

NEXT QUIZ...................Sandy Koufax set the National League record for Strikeouts in the 1961 season with 269. Whose mark did he beat and how long had that record stood before Koufax beat it in 1961 ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

July 23, and the jury has no verdict.

I will move for a "speedy trial" !!

NEXT QUIZ: Which of the two former Ranger prospects Thomas Diamond and John Danks, affectionately known as "The Gold Dust Twins", has more victories in his big league career ?

John Danks with 42 wins

Name the only person that played for the seattle pilots and the seattle mariners.

The only player to play for both the Pilots and Mariners was Diego Segui who was 12-6 with the Pilots in '69 and 0-7 with the Mariners in '77.

NEXT QUIZ............Keeping with "Mariners theme" here, when the Mariners tied the AL record for wins in a season with 116 they won the West by 14 games over Oakland. They tied the win mark set by the '06 Cubs. When the Cubbies won those 116 games in '06 they won the National League pennant by how many games ?

The 1906 Cubs won the National League pennant by 20 games over the New York Giants.

Name the second Texas Ranger to wear uniform #9, following manager Ted Williams in 1972...

Joe Lovitto, who died at the young age of 50 from cancer.

Next Quiz: How many Rangers have hit 40 or more homers in a single season....? Gonzalez, Palmeiro, ARod and Teixiera

New Quiz: How many people were officially in attendance in the opening game of the Yankee series Friday night, Sept. 10th ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
46,179 ????

BTW how did you ask that a month before it happened? :whome: JK - LOL [you can ask another one if my answer is right]

Heck, I wasn't even paying attention. Next Quiz will be..............................................................................

From July 19th til the end of the regular season was an 11-week period. During those last 11 weeks Bank of America awarded a "Player of the Week Award". During this time only one player was named the "Player of the Week" more than once. Name this player........(Hint: If you have a program from this years World Series the answer is on page 258.......Happy hunting !!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ you are correct per the MLB rules ... I think he should be credited with no-hitter, but that is a discussion for another day.

Your follow-up question, please, BP -- :)

I motion the Cheapy for a speedy question. Since Pirate hasn't surfaced (maybe they are trying to takeover some ship in the high seas)I will ask one .

"What was the official final score in the game between the Pirates and the Braves on May 26th in 1959 ?"