BASEBALL TRIVIA

cheaptrick77

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who ever played Stat O Matic Baseball when they where young?

ME! ...along with APBA and Hot Corner Baseball

The me, these games are TRUE Fantasy Baseball ;)

W/appologies, I thought someone answered your grand slam question.

In play:

<b>Name the NINE players in MLB History who played for four different teams in the same season...</b>

• 2 months later...

Name the NINE players in MLB History who played for four different teams in the same season

Frank Huelsman : 1904 (Chicago White Sox, Detroit Tigers, St. Louis Browns,Washington Senators)

Willis Hudlin : 1940 (Cleveland Indians, Washington Senators, St. Louis Browns, New York Giants)

Paul Lehner : 1951 (Philadelphia Athletics, St. Louis Browns, Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox)

Ted Gray : 1955 (Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, New York Yankees, Baltimore Orioles)

Wes Covington : 1961 (Milwaukee Braves, , Chicago White Sox, Kansas City Athletics, Philadelphia Phillies)

Mike Kilkenny : 1972 (Detroit Tigers, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Cleveland Indians)

Dave Kingman: 1977 (New York Mets, San Diego Padres, California Angels, New York Yankees)

Dave Martinez : 2000 (Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Chicago Cubs, Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays)

José A. Bautista: 2004 (Baltimore Orioles, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets and Pittsburgh Pirates.

NEXT QUESTION:

Name the last two players to make their respective Major League debuts after playing for a Tyler, Texas Minor League team..........

• 1 month later...

Thats to hard I can't find that anywhere even with Google

It's right here, Daddy-O!: :D

http://www.oocities.org/wildcatter94/tyler-majors.html

• Red Murff, 1956 Milwaukee Braves
  • Todd Rizzo, 1998 Chicago White Sox

Who played right field for the 1993 Atlanta Braves?

• David Justice - 157 games
  • Tony Tarasco - 8 games
  • Brian Hunter - 2 games
  • Otis Nixon - 2 games
  • Bill Pecota - 1 game

why do they have his card on display, did he later join the CIA?

Moe Berg served as a spy for the OSS during World War II ... while on a Japanese tour with MLB All-Stars in 1934, he took photos from his hotel room of the Tokyo skyline and landscape...

QUESTION, THE NEXT:

Who is the only player in MLB History to play in three different cities with the same franchise ???

Moe Berg served as a spy for the OSS during World War II ... while on a Japanese tour with MLB All-Stars in 1934, he took photos from his hotel room of the Tokyo skyline and landscape...

QUESTION, THE NEXT:

Who is the only player in MLB History to play in three different cities with the same franchise ???

I am going to take a guess Hank Aaron just don't know if he played for the Boston Braves

ZERO ... 47 in 1971 was his season high. He is the MODEL of home run consistency - unlike a certain recent player with "balloon payment" home run totals at the END of his career :mad:

NEXT:

Name the pitcher who hold the Texas Rangers team record for strikeouts in his Major League debut...

ZERO ... 47 in 1971 was his season high. He is the MODEL of home run consistency - unlike a certain recent player with "balloon payment" home run totals at the END of his career :mad:

NEXT:

Name the pitcher who hold the Texas Rangers team record for strikeouts in his Major League debut...

Justin Grimm?

David Clyde....Houston Westchester. Should have known this one. Remember seeing him pitch at a Longview American Legion tournament the summer before he was drafted. Man he could bring it! I was 17 yo and remember listening to the debut game on WBAP 820 that nite. Rangers mismanaged him IMO; always wandered how his career would have turned out had he been managed correctly.

523214_344532842301580_2069488388_n.jpg

David Clyde

As impressive as Clyde's 8 strikeouts in his MLB debut were, that still is not the correct answer :D

However - I was incorrect in stating that Justin Grimm's 7 Ks was the second most :wacko: ... it is the third most ... David Clyde's 8 is tied for second-most with Paul Mirabella (July 28, 1978)

As impressive as Clyde's 8 strikeouts in his MLB debut were, that still is not the correct answer :D

However - I was incorrect in stating that Justin Grimm's 7 Ks was the second most :wacko: ... it is the third most ... David Clyde's 8 is tied for second-most with Paul Mirabella (July 28, 1978)

That's what threw me cowboy. I give, calf rope....:)

I was thinking David Clyde to I remember how excited the crowd got when he struck out the side in the first inning remember in those days the Rangers where the pits more so than the Astros. I know Astro tribal and I am fixing y'all a good dose soon as this question is answered

My apologies ... because of the confusion, I will reveal the answer:

Don Stanhouse, 9 -- April 19, 1972 (vs. White Sox)

donstanhouse73topps.jpg

NEXT:

Name the winningest left-handed pitcher in Kansas City Athletics (1955-1967) History...