Buckeyes & Bulldogs

buckeyebob

apparently i have become a rogue BullDAWG as i enter this field full of poisonous horse-chestnut trees (buckeyes) but hey what fun what a forum be if yall didnt at least have one to bully around( lol u booger bear pesky Buckeyes you!). its only fitting for us jasper fans to have to come play in your back yard!!! tyler rose has been good to yall over time hasnt it? especially in those classic games to start the season yall have quiet a few wins there havent you? one of those beat downs of course yall gave to us in '08. hey it is what it is ......................i am, have been, and always be a bigtime proud Jasper Bulldog alumnus but over the years i have learned as a sports fan that there is times you have to take your emotions out it and be a realist. Gilmer has become our nemesis. do i think the DAWGS can give a competitive game Friday, of course i do......granted they are gonna have to give their everything kinda of effort and play their smartest, best game of the year to even have a shot to win. we have had some gut checks the past couple games and i am so proud of our young men for prevailing. i am though honestly excited to see how they perform against a top tier program. and yes it #### not having any kinda leverage in the smack talking for this game cause yall have it all in your favor with the 4-0 record against us. ..............................lmao. anywho.......i hope we have an injury free, clean, well officiated game friday

• Like 2

This should be a good game. Rose Stadium (Buckeye Stadium South) has been a favorite neutral site. We have had some very good games there. Gilmer needs to limit the silly penalties, make sure any turn overs be Jasper's. I have not followed Jasper, but if you are still in the play-offs, you aren't sloppy. I hope both teams have a clean injury free game, with Gilmer moving on to the fourth round.

• Like 1

This should be a good game. Rose Stadium (Buckeye Stadium South) has been a favorite neutral site. We have had some very good games there. Gilmer needs to limit the silly penalties, make sure any turn overs be Jasper's. I have not followed Jasper, but if you are still in the play-offs, you aren't sloppy. I hope both teams have a clean injury free game, with Gilmer moving on to the fourth round.

Man for a Jasper vs Gilmer game this place is dead think I will go to henderson vs Carthage so I can at least see some life. WAKE UP PEOPLE

I think it largely depends on which Gilmer team shows up. Hopefully, the improvement from last week wasn't just based on the opponent. But even last week, there were some really bad penalties. But maybe Gilmer is starting to limit the mistakes.

Problem is, Gilmer can't really run the jet sweep (a staple of their offense) because they false start about every other time they run it. Hopefully, they get that fixed.

Naturally, I am pulling for my Jasper Bulldogs. But they have a very difficult hill to climb against Gilmer. I am apprehensive about that playbook being opened up. Jasper's playbook is pretty simple. Just run right over folks; if they can. If they can't it will be a very long night for Jasper. I think the 16-18 point spread in favor of Gilmer is legitimate, and I am just hoping that the Dogs can make it competitive and make it an entertaining game. Any more than that would be icing on the cake.

Man for a Jasper vs Gilmer game this place is dead think I will go to henderson vs Carthage so I can at least see some life. WAKE UP PEOPLE

So right! But boring is good; less crow to eat that way! Gilmer is such an overwhelming favorite, there is little interest here.